So if I'm dictating an e-mail using voice control, and I want to make coherent sentences instead of just one long one...how do I punctuate? I've searched all over the web and here...to no avail.
    02-14-13 08:53 PM
    You have to say the punctuation. I was experimenting in docs to go today. So you have to go 'good morning period how are you today question mark'' it will come out as 'Good morning. How are you today?'
    02-14-13 09:04 PM
    You have to say the punctuation. I was experimenting in docs to go today. So you have to go 'good morning period how are you today question mark'' it will come out as 'Good morning. How are you today?'
    Awesome. I was hoping it would understand those commands.
    02-14-13 09:13 PM
    Saying the name of the punctuation works fine until you try dictating "they scored in the third period". This comes out as "they scored in the 3rd." :-(

I'm assuming this feature will get some refinements during the next year as people really use it and identify the gaps.
    02-14-13 09:20 PM
    I can live with that...at least I can now change the voice control signature back from "Dictated from my BlackBerry voice control, which apparently doesn't believe in punctuation" to "Sent using myBlackBerry Voice Control".

EDIT - just tried, but it doesn't capitalize the beginning of the sentences...dohhhhh.
    Last edited by FBA; 02-14-13 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Had to test it...
    02-14-13 09:26 PM
    Scored in the third sounds OK tho

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 09:27 PM
    I'm also a stickler for proper spelling, punctuation, etc.

For quick bbms, I can survive without it, for example:

on my way home

But for longer ones, I just go into the message body and do a long press on the "Period" button, the one with the greyed out microphone symbol. This lets me speak to dictate the bulk of the message. Then I go back to the keyboard to add the capitalization and punctuation. I actually find its faster than typing the whole thing.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 10:21 AM
    I've searched and can't find anything on this, so I'm asking: is there a way, using Voice Control, to start a new line or new paragraph, when composing an email, via Voice Control?

Thanks
    07-18-14 12:31 PM
    I'm finding that Voice Dictation in the last couple of updates has been vastly improved. Much, much more accurate. However, while most punctuation seems to work better, I can't figure out how to start a new paragraph, type the word period instead of the punctuation mark, or add or spell out a word that's not already in the lexicon. Any help out there? If it's on the Blackberry site, I sure can't find it. [HEY! BLACKBERRY! WOULD YOU PLEASE IMPROVE YOUR TUTORIALS!!! THERE ARE QUITE A FEW OF OUT HERE WHO SPENT A LOT OF $$ TO BUY THESE, AND AREN'T ON ENTERPRISE... WE'RE THE ONES VALIANTLY VOUCHING FOR YOU]
    03-12-16 10:18 AM