Time for an update, for anybody who's interested!
    I would just like to say that BlackBerry's customer service representative "Louis seems to be doing absolutely everything to try and help me, and my hat goes off for that.
    Obviously, it's not Louis at fault, it's the repair center.
    For not checking the new display properly before sending it back to the customer.
    And the Z10 LCD supplier's fault for manufacturing crap quality LCD displays.
    And BlackBerry for choosing that LCD supplier.
    Louis responded to me tonight, told me that they are investigating this matter with the repair center due to the severity of the fault (see previous post). I thank BlackBerry's customer support for continuing to work with me to resolve this long running problem.
    I actually fear that with the time this is taking to resolve, I might have an iPhone relapse!

It looks like this will go to a third repair, but I am losing hope because both LCD displays installed had defects.
    How do I know if the LCD I get back will be any worse or any better than the previous?
    All I know is that it probably won't be perfect which is causing OCD to slowly kill me.
    Last edited by Someone7272; 11-05-14 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Add new content.
    11-05-14 09:16 PM
    You should record your IMEI number and see when you get your replacement whether they replaced the screen or the entire phone by comparing the IMEI of the one you get back.

They may be giving you refurb units, rather than actually replacing parts.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 02:33 AM
    You should record your IMEI number and see when you get your replacement whether they replaced the screen or the entire phone by comparing the IMEI of the one you get back.

They may be giving you refurb units, rather than actually replacing parts.

Posted via CB10
    Hi guys, sorry for not updating for a while.

Way ahead of you, still got the box with the original Z10's packing label with its IMEI and PIN.
    Up until now, they have been replacing the screen. Last week I received a brand new (probably "remanufactured" like Apple's Genius bar iPhone replacements) Z10.
    But the battle is lost. This unit still has areas on the screen which show up white. It's not as bad as the previous screen replacement which was awful, but I've decided to settle for this unit, because it looks like it's going to be the best I will get. I've lied to BlackBerry by telling them it's perfect because the seemingly endless replacements are too much hassle for me.
    I still have the faulty unit, DHL (UK courier) were supposed to pick the unit up last Friday. As with all the previous "collections", that didn't happen again, so I've got to go and manually drop it off at DHL.

I feel like I've kind of been unfair to BlackBerry by continually requesting service, so I'm going to end that now, even though this Z10 is not quite perfect. I sometimes wonder if they really are dead pixels or backlight leakage because they only show up when running at nearly max brightness and can't be fixed by "Stuck Pixel Fixer" videos.

Well I guess some good did come out of this, my old Z10 had a scratch on the camera's lens cover (on the black shadow around the camera not on the actual imaging area) and a small chip on the bottom left which I inadvertently created before I put a case on it. The replacement unit obviously doesn't have these.
    Also when the sent my original Z10 back, the repair center left a battery in the device, so I now have 3 LS1 batteries! Somehow, I still manage to run out of battery even if I carry 3 around...

I've already put a nice brushed metal skin, screen protector and a case on the replacement Z10 so I hope this will resist wear and tear better.

But I'm done with replacements. I'll just have to get used to the defects. They aren't really visible during normal use, you'd have to force the screen to full brightness by shining another phone's flashlight into the Z10's light sensor to reveal the defects.
    And on that note, here's my "brand new" replacement Z10, still in it's factory wrapping playing this year's UK smash hit single.
    How do you return to ShopBlackBerry (Digital River)?-img_20140616_105716-copy.jpg
    Thanks to everybody who supported me and helped me though this, but I give up.
    11-23-14 08:03 PM
    I closed the support ticket around 4-5 weeks ago. But now I'm dealing with a far more serious warranty problem - the opposite of the original problem! Dead - as in DEAD - D-E-A-D pixels which have recently developed and stay black all the time and never show any colour. There are three in a line near the top left corner. And of course, this is in addition to the original white pixels.
    I can't stand this, definitely going to have to try for another RMA.
    Hate to say it but I've probably spent more time using an iPhone since I've bought my Z10 because of the endless RMA processes...
    12-27-14 08:43 AM
    The final outcome...
    With some convincing (I can be very convincing when I want to be), BlackBerry agreed to take back my replacement device, and it looks like the device I have received back is the same device, but with a freshly replaced screen.
    Initial checks for DEAD pixels complete, I haven't come across any yet.
    The original device seemed to have HOT or bright pixels when the LCD is at full brightness, I can also confirm that this panel is free of them.
    It also fixed a different issue - the front panel and digitizer assembly made a clicking sound whenever it was touched, very annoying!
    A final word...
    Keep at them. Don't give up, eventually ShopBlackBerry will take back, repair or replace your device.
    That's how I got what I wanted.
    03-08-15 08:25 PM
30 12