Hello Crackberry Nation,

I just picked-up/received a BB Z10 and I live in Israel. (I had/have a Torch 9800 for way too long) but I held out. Finally!!! I only have it for a couple of days and I Very happy with it, the phone is amazing. However I have 2 issues/problems. I was wondering if I can get some help, I have been looking around the forums here and other places but to no avail.

Issue 1: I have a BB Torch 9800 (for too long) and I've been trying Link and other software to move my contacts over to the Z10. NOTHING WORKS! The only thing that works is Bluetooth but I have close to 300 contacts and when it says "transfer complete" I check and it only transfers 1 contact, the one on the top of the list so it tried to delete it and try again it work it just takes the next contact on the list. Are there any fixes for this. Of the almost 300 on the only a hand full are sync with either gmail or yahoo. But I don't see why that will cause and issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated if not it will take me a very long (like forever) to transfer then 1-by-1 !!

Issue 2: As I said I am in Israel and the phone is unlocked (they don't have it here yet) and my carrier is Orange IL I got a new micro SIM and put it in the new phone (works really fast!) and they are the only ones beginning to roll out LTE here as well BTW! Everything seems to work BB World, HUB, emails, browser etc. but 2 Major things are not working BBM and BB Protect! I had BIS but it didn't work and from what a read here is that it is not needed. So I canceled it (because carrier charges a big Premium $$$ for it) and everything still works but BBM and Protect! I was told to use APN so I tried the couple that I found associated with OrangeIL but still no luck! Is there any other way that I can manually enter something different or is it a carrier issue and I'm SOL? Please help!!

Thanks and all the best!!
    02-27-13 08:01 AM
    Which model of bb z10 did you get? I want to order one but I understand there is stl100- 002 or 003 or 004
    thanks
    03-30-13 12:31 PM
    You can restore contacts via sync Gmail and Facebook if you have them there. Also, you can restore BBM contacts remotely via email perhaps gmail. You can also cut your SIM in Torch to fit it in Z10 and copy contacts that way.

Regarding, BBM and BB protect, I guess you'll need BIS from your carrier as that's probably the only way to get you registered on BB server, but they are supposed to give you a better or higher data package or plan as no longer data is compressed

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:39 PM
    Torch 9800 couldn't and didn't work or operate on OS7 otherwise you could've easily transferred your contacts via sd card to the Z

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 04:35 PM
    stl 100-003 After the OS update everything worked!!! Good luck!
    Enjoy your new BB its great!
    04-29-13 09:52 AM