On my Bold 9900 I have only LED notification for emails, no vibrate or sound unless I get emails from certain people.

On the 9900 this is available under your contacts in Custom Ring Tones/Alerts|Messages|Tactile Alerts|Vibration.

How do you do this on the Z10?
    playzoutside likes this.
    03-24-13 06:13 PM
    Bump - anyone have any ideas here?
    03-25-13 08:43 AM
    This can not be done (yet). It might come with a future update but for now the best you can do is to set individual voice notfications for individual contacts.
    03-25-13 08:46 AM
    Bump - anyone have any ideas here?
    I don't think this option is available yet. Hopefully in an update this option will be provided.
    I also hope they include the option to Save emails...
    03-25-13 08:46 AM
    You need an app like Hub++ or color led.
    03-25-13 08:50 AM
    That's annoying, one would have hoped that they would have carried over very useful functionality that has been available in the last few BB OSes.
    03-25-13 08:57 AM
    That's annoying, one would have hoped that they would have carried over very useful functionality that has been available in the last few BB OSes.
    This new BB z10 has a totally different operating system from the "old" blackberry protocol. In the future there will be progress forward - new apps that run PROPERLY and built for our BB Z10. Hopefully some of the older type features are compatible with the new and improved platform- but complaining about the "old" ways and "not enough apps" etc that I "used" to have... maybe you should have stayed with your old phone instead of helping to spearhead a new frontier!
    03-26-13 11:20 AM
    FYI - I am part of a test group at my company for the Z10 - I still carry my 9900 while I am testing the Z10.

Your comment that "maybe you should have stayed with your old phone instead of helping to spearhead a new frontier! " is ridiculous when moving to the new frontier means giving up functionality that we have had for years. (I have been a BB user for over 10 years,my first device was a 5810)

The more issues there are like this where we are moving backwards in some functionality the more likely it is that my company decides against adopting the BB10. (Currently we only support BBs pre BB10 and iPads but supporting the iPad means that we have the infrastructure to support the iPhone)That means that we will continue with older BBs and start supporting the iPhone. We have about 500 employees using BBs so that is another 500 lost sales for BBRY which means fewer apps since fewer people are using it, as I doubt we are unique.
    03-26-13 11:43 AM
    BeBuzz is reportedly coming soon to BB10:

BeBuzz for BlackBerry 10 Coming Soon from Bellshare - N4BB
    03-26-13 11:51 AM
    I don't think this option is available yet. Hopefully in an update this option will be provided.
    I also hope they include the option to Save emails...
    So the only notification with e-mails is just ALL or NOTHING? Like LED/SOUND/VIBRATE for all e-mails, or non of the e-mails? Or isn't even that an option anymore?
    03-26-13 12:47 PM
    I think you can do a global setting for all emails for those three under the General Settings, but when you go into a Contact you can customize thr Phone Ring Tone and their Messages Notification Ring Tone, but as far as I can tell there is no way to change Visible (LED) and Tactile (vibrate) alerts based on a contact for either Phone or Message - just the Audible.
    03-26-13 12:54 PM
    So yeah its pretty much an all or nothing

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    03-26-13 12:55 PM
    All or nothing for vibrate and LED and then contact by contact for tones, but using tones for all messaging is (IMHO) rather anti-social behaviour that was cool in 2003 for about 10 minutes but is now annoying.
    03-26-13 12:59 PM
    All or nothing for vibrate and LED and then contact by contact for tones, but using tones for all messaging is (IMHO) rather anti-social behaviour that was cool in 2003 for about 10 minutes but is now annoying.
    Especially with the amount of messages/e-mails we are all getting nowadays. I see no reason for sound notifications, unless you want to be notified of urgent e-mails from someone like boss, wife, (either one, same one ) with a loud gong or with recording saying "ABC, ALWAYS BE CLOSING"
    03-26-13 01:57 PM
    Don't forget AIDA, Attention, Interest, Decision, Action!

Then only contact specific notifications I use are to set Vibrate On when I get a message from the bosses (which includes my wife).
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-26-13 02:14 PM
    Don't forget AIDA, Attention, Interest, Decision, Action!

Then only contact specific notifications I use are to set Vibrate On when I get a message from the bosses (which includes my wife).
    I guess vibrate is enough to just jolt you out of your chair and take a look at your phone. Should rattle the dock/pod if it is hooked up, unless profile changes when it is docked (like bedside mode, silent)
    03-26-13 02:19 PM
    This new BB z10 has a totally different operating system from the "old" blackberry protocol. In the future there will be progress forward - new apps that run PROPERLY and built for our BB Z10. Hopefully some of the older type features are compatible with the new and improved platform- but complaining about the "old" ways and "not enough apps" etc that I "used" to have... maybe you should have stayed with your old phone instead of helping to spearhead a new frontier!
    I guess settling for "good enough" is the answer here. Keep moving is the new mantra of BlackBerry.
    They just don't say in which direction. Change is fine. Removing features that are not only on "older" BlackBerrys and other devices/OS isn't good enough if BlackBerry wants to regain lost traction. No excuses for "good enough".

Keep moving.
    03-26-13 02:23 PM
    I guess settling for "good enough" is the answer here. Keep moving is the new mantra of BlackBerry.
    They just don't say in which direction. Change is fine. Removing features that are not only on "older" BlackBerrys and other devices/OS isn't good enough if BlackBerry wants to regain lost traction. No excuses for "good enough".

Keep moving.
    Really not sure who pissed in your wheaties but you have been so pessimistic on everything regarding the z10 since the launch. It's really not helping anything around here, to be honest. And I'm just making an observation so don't take it as a personal attack.

03-27-13 07:57 AM
    Your definition of pessimism must match my definition of the current state of the Z10.

Did I state anything that was incorrect? The defenders of the faith accept the status quo - "it's good enough" and I don't think that it IS good enough.
    1magine likes this.
    03-27-13 07:59 AM
    It will be coming in a future update, within the next month or two I believe

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:17 AM
    It's not like you can do custom notifications such described on an idevice for example.
    But what I was saying is everything Z10 related you have been so negative on. A Lot of people including myself really enjoy this phone. But the way you go about telling people about the gripes you have with the phone is ineffective. If it's something that can be fixed then let's work as a community to fix it.
    If not.. I mean why hang around and be pessimistic about it.

Also the its good enough mentality isn't for "The defenders of the Faith" its not even a mentality. It works, there's nothing wrong with it. But it's not good enough, and we do want more out of it. It's not like we're saying meh ok I don't care. We do want more functionality.

Again just my thoughts. Nothing personal

03-27-13 09:19 AM
    Because I hope that many of these deficiencies will be fixed.

It is great that people are satisfied. I am not. That doesn't mean I don't want to see it succeed.
    Everytime someone says "well, it's a 1.0 product" and "the iPhone didn't have that when it launched" they are lowering their expectations. I expected more and am disappointed.

Again, your view of negative is my way of saying "not good enough", for a product that was delayed over and over. Too many compromises.
    03-27-13 09:23 AM
    check out my Color Led Messages app here

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...-calls-781778/

It lets customize the Led color, vibrate and ringtones for individual sender for email and text messages.
    03-27-13 09:41 AM
    It's not like you can do custom notifications such described on an idevice for example.
    But what I was saying is everything Z10 related you have been so negative on. A Lot of people including myself really enjoy this phone. But the way you go about telling people about the gripes you have with the phone is ineffective. If it's something that can be fixed then let's work as a community to fix it.
    Agree with you on that one however the main problem is that why remove the features that were already there, that were making BB better than others. You cannot justify removal of widely used features by saying other platforms did not even have it to begin with. Blackberry should be focusing on things making better, this is definitely not moving forward. I am not saying it is a huge disadvantage and should stop people from buying it, but why remove something that was there!? How many lines of codes did it save BB10 developers? I still have the faith that BB will be fixing some of these things they thought were not important.

We cannot fix it as a community but let's just keep taking these issues to BB and App Developers, let them see what is needed, and what needs to be fixed, hopefully with the huge user base this forum has, we will see results soon. I think CB management/admin team should be focusing on these issues and act as PR buffer and relate these issues. I am sure BB will listen.
    03-27-13 09:43 AM
    Agree with you on that one however the main problem is that why remove the features that were already there, that were making BB better than others. You cannot justify removal of widely used features by saying other platforms did not even have it to begin with. Blackberry should be focusing on things making better, this is definitely not moving forward. I am not saying it is a huge disadvantage and should stop people from buying it, but why remove something that was there!? How many lines of codes did it save BB10 developers? I still have the faith that BB will be fixing some of these things they thought were not important.

We cannot fix it as a community but let's just keep taking these issues to BB and App Developers, let them see what is needed, and what needs to be fixed, hopefully with the huge user base this forum has, we will see results soon. I think CB management/admin team should be focusing on these issues and act as PR buffer and relate these issues. I am sure BB will listen.
    Yes I agree with you and was just throwing that ios reference out there. No you ate correct that is not an excuse to not have it in there because other platforms do not either. But I think it is on its way because it wasn't in bb10 to begin with, but in bbos. I bet it is on its way though. Not saying the took it out but perhaps did not implement it because xxxx.

And yes completely keep up telling what we think, but in a way that is not perceived as just talking trash to talk or in a way like that. I'm all for getting this platform to the next level and it is evident that blackberry watches these forums very carefully haha.

03-27-13 09:56 AM