i want to logout my blackberry z10 id and os is
    04-01-16 05:01 AM
    You must do security wipe
    04-01-16 05:02 AM
    You can't. Once you log in, you can't log out without wiping the OS.
    04-02-16 07:25 AM
    Unfortunately most of the knowledgeable people have left CrackBerry. Also unfortunate is that some of us left do post from ignorance at times, which is not helpful.

The following is simplified for clarity but true for practical purposes:

1. If your BB10 device is connected to your BB ID, a security wipe or full system restore will not remove it. The phone cannot be used without your BB ID password. This is BlackBerry Protect. It means a stolen phone is useless to the thief.

2. If you want to sell the phone, log on to the BlackBerry Protect website (using your BB ID) and click 'remove' for that device. That also removes BlackBerry Protect.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 12:11 PM
    Unfortunately most of the knowledgeable people have left CrackBerry. Also unfortunate is that some of us left do post from ignorance at times, which is not helpful.

The following is simplified for clarity but true for practical purposes:

1. If your BB10 device is connected to your BB ID, a security wipe or full system restore will not remove it. The phone cannot be used without your BB ID password. This is BlackBerry Protect. It means a stolen phone is useless to the thief.

2. If you want to sell the phone, log on to the BlackBerry Protect website (using your BB ID) and click 'remove' for that device. That also removes BlackBerry Protect.

Posted via CB10
    Before calling the posts prior to this one ignorant and unhelpful, I guess you should know that stock BB10 comes with BlackBerry Protect turned off, so these answers would apply for out-of-the-box situations.
    04-02-16 01:08 PM
    Before calling the posts prior to this one ignorant and unhelpful, I guess you should know that stock BB10 comes with BlackBerry Protect turned off, so these answers would apply for out-of-the-box situations.
    Yes, but by ignoring the potential for BlackBerry Protect being enabled they invite the OP to suffer the same fate as many who have asked for help here have: either buying or selling a BlackBerry with Protect enabled and having to go through the trouble of getting that rectified.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    04-02-16 03:39 PM
    You can't. Once you log in, you can't log out without wiping the OS.
    Not true, you just go to the protect website and remove your phone there.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 05:11 PM
    My simplified answer was phrased to avoid phone lock-out. Your answer would lead many people into that problem. My object was to help the OP. Not really interested in a theoretical debate.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 05:17 PM
    You have to put in your bbid in order to do wipe ,how can you wipe the phone without knowing bbid? And how can you locked out if you know bbid?
    04-09-16 03:58 AM
    Good point. What I said was ignorant.

Back to the original question, you can remove BBID without a security wipe, but you need the password for the old and new BBID.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 07:14 AM
    Good point. What I said was ignorant.

Back to the original question, you can remove BBID without a security wipe, but you need the password for the old and new BBID.

Posted via CB10
    No you CAN'T remove bbid without security wipe
    04-09-16 07:24 AM
    Have you tried this, oh CAPITAL of certainty?

1. Go to BB Protect website. Under manage devices, remove the device in question.

2. On your device, under system settings, go to BlackBerry ID.

3. Edit.

4. Change to a new ID.

5. Enter password of old ID.

6. Enter password of new ID.

New BlackBerry ID is created, device no longer associated to old ID.

No security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 10:44 AM
    Tried it.

Using a new email for step 4 changes the email associated with the BBID, yes. Using an email with a pre-existing BBID doesn't work, gives a "This username is already in use" error.
    Uzi likes this.
    04-09-16 12:30 PM