How do I jump to the top or bottom of a page instead of just scrolling?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Depends on the app.
    In the Hub, tap the 3 dots in the bottom right corner and you have the option to go to top or bottom.
    04-19-13 02:36 PM
    I found my self to be asking myself the same question. Like if i'm on facebook and i want to go back to the top of the page w\o refreshing... its a long way to swipe...
    04-19-13 02:38 PM
    It varies with each app. Like CB you don't have a choice. Hub has this option.

Posted from my lovely Z10
    04-19-13 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I found my self to be asking myself the same question. Like if i'm on facebook and i want to go back to the top of the page w\o refreshing... its a long way to swipe...
    I've advocated / suggested a "V" swipe to accomplish this:

To move to top, a V swipe that starts on the bezel then onto the screen at a slightly down/right angle, then off screen in a slightly up/right angle.

To move to the bottom, the mirror image, an inverted V from the bezel onto the screen at a slightly up/right angle, then off screen in a slightly down/right angle.

Seems a little backwards at first, as doing the first swipe I described essentially draws a V that "points" down, while the second swipe draws an inverted V that "points" up.

Maybe swap them?
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    04-19-13 02:59 PM
    Hmmm.. but with V starting from the bezel you could end up minimizing the app. How about a Fast Double Swipe up or down to jump to the top or bottom? Or an anticipated Swipe up or down, id est hold the thumb down a bit and then swipe up or down. Of course this must not interfere with the context menu which also pops up if you long press on one spot of the screen.
    04-19-13 03:19 PM
    Could work conceptually (can it work coding wise??). As long as you don't let go during the swipe, you don't minimize - try it on an app right now (try the bottom bezel, inverted V swipe). Would just need to adjust the animation to avoid the initial app minimization. Only start the minimization when the swipe "ends" on the screen.
    04-19-13 03:28 PM
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just swipe down the screen and on to the bezel to go to the top and swipe up the screen and on to the bezel to go to the bottom?

Sounds simpler than drawing V's which could be misinterpreted as app minimisation and pulling an apps settings menu down from the top.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 04-19-13 at 04:02 PM.
    04-19-13 03:41 PM
    I think swiping up or down on the side bezels could be a good option, like swiping across the bottom bezel in Android apps to go back.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 04:02 PM
    I didn't think that the Z10 side bezels were touch sensitive, just the top and the bottom.

I miss changing between apps by swiping from the side bezels in like on PlayBook OS.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 04-19-13 at 05:39 PM.
    04-19-13 04:47 PM
    Hmmm.. (A) but with V starting from the bezel you could end up minimizing the app. (B) How about a Fast Double Swipe up or down to jump to the top or bottom? (C) Or an anticipated Swipe up or down, id est hold the thumb down a bit and then swipe up or down. Of course this must not interfere with the context menu which also pops up if you long press on one spot of the screen.
    (A) I think it would be easy to avoid releasing your finger/thumb and causing an unintended action. Try it on an app and you'll see what I mean. You should be able to do it with out causing any actions right now, at least in the several apps/OS locations I've tested
    (B) Like this, too. Just have to make sure swipes avoid bezel. Only, not one hand friendly
    (C) Could make this like click and hold the center button on a mouse?

Wouldn't it be simpler to just swipe down the screen and on to the bezel to go to the top and swipe up the screen and on to the bezel to go to the bottom?

Sounds simpler than drawing V's which could be misinterpreted as app minimisation and pulling an apps settings menu down from the top.
    Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking this would be too easily confused with the normal "scroll" by swiping to scroll up/down a long list WITHOUT wanting to go to top or bottom. To see what I mean, go to the most recent contest on the CB 10 App, choose comments, then try your method. For ME, I want to be able to do a "long" scroll without going to top or bottom - maybe I need to be somewhere in the middle of a long document, webpage, comments list etc.
    04-19-13 04:57 PM
    @DocDRM I flick up or down to scroll through a very long list quickly rather than move my finger all the way up or down the screen. This achieves what you want for getting to the middle quickly, the faster you flick the faster it scrolls.

In the Comments for the most recent Contests post flick scrolling works fine for getting to the middle quickly, one hard flick is enough. Swiping from the screen to the top or bottom bezel is a different enough gesture for jumping to the bottom or the top when compared to flicking.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 04-19-13 at 05:57 PM.
    04-19-13 05:45 PM