Hey guys,
    I find my BB Z10 very crappy right now, its been stuck on the blackberry icon for the whole weekend. It was running low on battery and so I decided to shut it down and when I got to my place and charged it it never went past that, I tried the battery pulling trick, tried resetting by the on button but nothing works, i even tried plugging it in onn my laptop but it doesn't recognise it.
    I'm now frustrated and do not know what to do, please please help a lady out...
    Thanx in advance
    10-14-14 12:26 PM
    Hey guys,
    I find my BB Z10 very crappy right now, its been stuck on the blackberry icon for the whole weekend. It was running low on battery and so I decided to shut it down and when I got to my place and charged it it never went past that, I tried the battery pulling trick, tried resetting by the on button but nothing works, i even tried plugging it in onn my laptop but it doesn't recognise it.
    Thanx in advance
    Remove the battery and hook it up to BBLink using the usb cord and see if that works.

If not, visit the OS Leak subforum and find an Autoloader file for your device type and the OS you want. Again, try first with battery then without the battery. Good luck
    10-14-14 12:56 PM
    Hey guys,
    Thanx in advance
    Remove the battery and hook it up to BBLink using the usb cord and see if that works.

If not, visit the OS Leak subforum and find an Autoloader file for your device type and the OS you want. Again, try first with battery then without the battery. Good luck
    10-14-14 12:57 PM
    Another thing to try is to leave the battery out of the device for *a whole day* so that any charges left in it will discharge /then/ put the battery back in to start up.

I've had a Q10 appear to be dead and after setting it aside for a day and then putting in the battery, it booted up fine. The trick is to be patient and not constantly put the battery back in in hopes that it'll start working sooner.

Good luck and report on what worked for you.
    10-14-14 01:00 PM
    I've tried the battery pulling thing for two days it didn't work, but I'll try and be patient but I'm running out of that too
    10-14-14 03:49 PM
    BBLink giving me hope, I'll just keep on trying n keep you posted
    10-14-14 03:50 PM
    I've tried the battery pulling thing for two days it didn't work, but I'll try and be patient but I'm running out of that too
    The point is to remove the battery and leave it /out/ of the device for a full day, not remove and reinstall over and over again. The basic idea is to have all the charge/power in the device dissipate before you reinstall the battery.

With BB10, it's best not to do battery pulls to fix lock-ups. Volume keys reset or power button is preferred.
    10-14-14 05:12 PM
    BBLink giving me hope, I'll just keep on trying n keep you posted
    If you do use BBLink, the device is getting power via the USB cable. The internal capacitors are getting power even without the battery being inside the device. If you want to do the full discharge of the device, you need to leave it alone, without battery and without being attached to a USB port, for a full day.
    10-14-14 05:16 PM