I tried to do copy and paste old school style, but the phone app doesn't allow paste!
    I wrote a little app to do it: Clipboard Dialer. It scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.
    04-11-13 11:19 PM
    This is all on the dev side of the website. This has nothing to do with the phone.

Usually when a dev creates a website, they have a mobile rendered version. In this mobile version, the phone number must be coded to allow calls upon clicks.

Mist likely if the mobile browser is rendering websites as desktop, it won't be clickable.

Go to detroitdirt.org on your mobile device and scroll down to the bottom. Simple click on the phone number and you'll be prompted to call the number.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-14-13 09:36 AM
    This is all on the dev side of the website. This has nothing to do with the phone.

Usually when a dev creates a website, they have a mobile rendered version. In this mobile version, the phone number must be coded to allow calls upon clicks.

Mist likely if the mobile browser is rendering websites as desktop, it won't be clickable.

Go to detroitdirt.org on your mobile device and scroll down to the bottom. Simple click on the phone number and you'll be prompted to call the number.

Posted via CB10
    You are partially correct... yes, the Dev can add code...

But if you use iPhone Safari or Android browser(I used the default Asus Transformer Prime browser for this test) and navigate to a website that the Dev did not add the code to the website, iPhone and Android browser will scan the page and render all the phone number (or what it thinks as phone numbers) and transform them into a phone link.

If you go to the same website with the Z10 Browser, the phone numbers will just be text.

The website I use to test the above: http://www.pizzapapalis.com/ContactUs.aspx
    Last edited by Young Z; 04-14-13 at 12:43 PM.
    04-14-13 12:30 PM
    You are partially correct... yes, the Dev can add code...

But if you use iPhone Safari or Android browser(I used the default Asus Transformer Prime browser for this test) and navigate to a website that the Dev did not add the code to the website, iPhone and Android browser will scan the page and render all the phone number (or what it thinks as phone numbers) and transform them into a phone link.

If you go to the same website with the Z10 Browser, the phone numbers will just be text.

The website I use to test the above: PizzaPapalis Chicago Pizza
    I see what you are referring to.

So, the real question is, why doesn't the BBRY browser recognize phone numbers like other mobile browsers? Well the answer to that is format detection. iOS and Android has this built in, as BBRY doesn't. It's not always logical as sometimes the format may not actually be a phone number. But for the most use cases, its useful.

I guess BBRY missed this tiny "MUST HAVE".
    04-14-13 05:50 PM
29 12