How do I dial a number off a Web page from the browser on bb10? I tried to do copy and paste old school style, but the phone app doesn't allow paste!
    Much appreciated,
    Aaron

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:06 PM
    Just hold down on the number and the option comes up on the side.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:11 PM
    Unfortunatly we cannot paste that number into the dialer... you have to make a contact and dial from there. For a one-time use it would probably be faster to write it down, LOL.

Previous BB's allowed pasting into the dialer, i hope it returns in an update.
    Just Me and mikewpg1ca like this.
    03-31-13 07:16 PM
    I found this problem as well...sucks and you can't even dial by contact from the dial pad

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:18 PM
    I have to agree. The seamless integration between apps and windows in BB is surely missing in this OS. I was hoping they would take OS7.1 and build-up from there, but apparently that doesn't seem to be the case. There are many features like this, which make the BB experience what it is, and I sincerely hope they bring them all back in future updates.
    03-31-13 10:36 PM
    Just hold down on the number and the option comes up on the side.

Posted via CB10
    This does not work if the phone number on the website is not encoded as a hyper link. Try using an android and it will automatically monitor what goes into the clipboard from the browser. GPS option will pop up if your selection is an address, and the dialer option will pop up if a phone number is selected. I have been using BlackBerry for more than a decade, and this is the stuff that disappoints me. Something so simple that cannot be done, and this is suppose to be the "Go" phone.

To prove my point, try dialing the # from the browser directly from this Web page. http://www.goldenbcontracting.com/ If someone manages to do it. Please post video!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 05:34 AM
    How do I dial a number off a Web page from the browser on bb10? I tried to do copy and paste old school style, but the phone app doesn't allow paste!
    Much appreciated,
    Aaron

Posted via CB10
    A work around is to copy the number and paste it into your Web browser. Then you can click to dial.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 05:44 AM
    This has been a bit of a drag for sure. What I have done to get around this is to copy the number and share it with the remember app and then daily from there. The best part about this is that I can save the number from there if need be. I am getting ready to purpose to my girlfriend so this has been a way for me to save numbers for different place I have been looking up without looking through my call log thing to remember what the number I needed for the last few places I called.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-04-13 07:12 AM
    A work around is to copy the number and paste it into your Web browser. Then you can click to dial.

Posted via CB10
    Where in the browser do you paste it?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 04:23 PM
    04-04-13 04:31 PM
    Unfortunatly we cannot paste that number into the dialer... you have to make a contact and dial from there. For a one-time use it would probably be faster to write it down, LOL.

Previous BB's allowed pasting into the dialer, i hope it returns in an update.
    Must be an oversight.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 04:35 PM
    This does not work if the phone number on the website is not encoded as a hyper link. Try using an android and it will automatically monitor what goes into the clipboard from the browser. GPS option will pop up if your selection is an address, and the dialer option will pop up if a phone number is selected. I have been using BlackBerry for more than a decade, and this is the stuff that disappoints me. Something so simple that cannot be done, and this is suppose to be the "Go" phone.

To prove my point, try dialing the # from the browser directly from this Web page. http://www.goldenbcontracting.com/ If someone manages to do it. Please post video!

Posted via CB10
    Touch. Point Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 04:37 PM
    04-04-13 04:44 PM
    FYI. Not all phone numbers will be clickable. Usually, the dev will have to format the phone number like...

<a href="telhone#">phone#</a>

If the dev does not code the number, the format has to be...

1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or 1-(xxx)-xxx-xxxx

So, if the number isn't formatted according to the above, it won't work upon clicking.

Again...just an FYI.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-04-13 05:43 PM
    Much appreciated,
    Aaron

Posted via CB10
    -Highlight the number on the webpage
    -Press the address entry area at the bottom of the browser
    -Type in without the quotes: "tel://"
    -Paste the phone number(so it should look something like tel://555-555-5555) and press "Go" on the keyboard
    -Click "Okay" to confirm the call

Hope that helps.
    niss63 and PatrickMJS like this.
    04-04-13 05:51 PM
    Probably has something to do with a Patent that Apple owns. I remember some stink about this in the Android world shortly after the Galaxy Nexus was released.

Posted via my left thumb
    robsteve likes this.
    04-04-13 05:59 PM
    Could it be the problem we ate seeing with Web sites seeing the Z10 as a regular browser and not a mobile site? I did some quick comparisons with a coworker's OS7 phone, and where he got a mobile site, the phone numbers worked. And when I tried the same site (with a m.) I saw numbers I could call.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 07:47 PM
    Thanks young z for the workaround... pretty cool.
    04-04-13 07:52 PM
    What I do is just zoom in on the number and then minimize the webpage. This allows me to still see the number on the active frame, so when I'm dialing the number and u forget I just swipe up to see the number in the active frame and continue after. Might work for some people might be easier to do the other methods above.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:15 PM
    Probably has something to do with a Patent that Apple owns. I remember some stink about this in the Android world shortly after the Galaxy Nexus was released.

Posted via my left thumb
    That's the answer a lot of the time when people ask why can't I do it like I did it on my iPhone? " it is because Apple patented the process of doing a task a certain way.
    04-04-13 08:36 PM
    That's the answer a lot of the time when people ask why can't I do it like I did it on my iPhone? " it is because Apple patented the process of doing a task a certain way.
    3rd paragraph.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/20/te...anted=all&_r=0

Posted via my left thumb
    04-04-13 08:55 PM
    04-04-13 09:18 PM

Posted via my left thumb
    Pretty sure we could do that on our old bb's in emails and on web pages and likely before Apple was doing it. Wish I still had my old bb to check.
    04-04-13 09:29 PM
    Pretty sure we could do that on our old bb's in emails and on web pages and likely before Apple was doing it. Wish I still had my old bb to check.
    You can. I can do it on my assortment of other phones. Just speculation on my part.

Posted via my left thumb
    04-04-13 09:43 PM
    Too many people here all twiddling thumbs instead of spelling out the upgrade they want.

I want to be able to move freely from calls to contacts at any stage of the process. I can not imagine that there is a group of blackberry lovers who are letting this slide. Make phoning easier.

Posted via CB10
    urbnimports likes this.
    04-04-13 10:01 PM
29 12