What version of 10.1 you have? I am using OS V10.1.0.1720 on an STL100-1 and cant find that option!!!!! Should I also have it????

05-23-13 08:28 PM
    I don't know what version I have, I only know it's not the one that has that option. The Facebook birthday notification is annoying, it also keeps showing up in my contacts.
    05-23-13 09:01 PM
    I don't know what version I have, I only know it's not the one that has that option. The Facebook birthday notification is annoying, it also keeps showing up in my contacts.
    Have you tried this? Go to System Settings, Account Settings, Facebook. Set. Birthday Reminders to "None", then Sync Events to Off.
    JORENO likes this.
    05-23-13 09:49 PM
    What version of 10.1 you have? I am using OS V10.1.0.1720 on an STL100-1 and cant find that option!!!!! Should I also have it????

I've run 3 leaked versions of 10.1: .1627,. 1762, and am now on. 1880. All have had the option to clear the Local Calendar and Local Contacts. (System Settings, Account Settings, overflow menu � 3 vertical dots.). I've also showed a friend how to do the same. He's on. 1720 official release, and those options are present.
    05-23-13 09:56 PM
    Have you tried this? Go to System Settings, Account Settings, Facebook. Set. Birthday Reminders to "None", then Sync Events to Off.
    Sync events are off and birthday notifications are grayed out. I also have it in my contact list so I have double entries...
    05-24-13 11:58 AM
    Sync events are off and birthday notifications are grayed out. I also have it in my contact list so I have double entries...
    If I remember correctly, you have to have Sync Events set to on to be able to switch birthday notifications to off. Then put Sync Events back to off.

I'd try it to check, but don't want to run the risk of it going bad again.
    Onna808 likes this.
    05-24-13 12:28 PM
    If I remember correctly, you have to have Sync Events set to on to be able to switch birthday notifications to off. Then put Sync Events back to off.

I'd try it to check, but don't want to run the risk of it going bad again.
    Haha! I do that too! Anyway my notifications are set to none.
    05-24-13 12:56 PM
    Sorry -- I can't think of anything else beside a reset. I'll come back if I do come up with anything. Cheers.
    Onna808 likes this.
    05-24-13 06:23 PM
    Hmm.. But deleting those entries and hiding afterwards the calendar / local address book isn't quite what I was expecting from 10.1. ... I want to delete that stuff complete.
    07-27-13 09:09 AM
    my wife had a similar issue. All of her facebook friends birthdays were on her calendar. If she deleted them they just came back. I checked and facebook events were disabled. But what I found out is that her email address is tied to her calendar and her facebook so I went in and disabled sync events within her Hotmail account and all of the entries disappeared. Just an idea on how to fix this.
    07-27-13 09:16 AM
    You have to also do it within the email account on the phone that is associated with facebook. See your email address is sync with facebook so you have to do it there also.
    07-27-13 09:18 AM
    That was simple, thanks.
    03-21-14 09:26 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD