Hello folks.

I was running a 10.1 leak and never noticed any random reboots. I'm not saying they did not happen, only that I did not catch them if they did.

I got the official Rogers 10.1 update OTA and noticed it was only a couple of hundred megs. Since that install I am having a middle of the night random reboots that takes my phone out of bedside mode and then wakes me on the first message notification.

So I have talked to Rogers tech support and they suggested that I try a complete wipe and re-install the full official 10.1 through the BlackBerry Link software.

I tried the following: I did a security wipe and the screen showed what I assume to be a data shredding graphic for quite some time. Then it started up! I had to go through the tutorial and ended up with everything looking just like the first time I started it up.

My question is, did I get a fresh, complete install of the latest Rogers release, or did I end up with a restored version of the OS that was already on the phone? It all seemed to happen too fast to be a completely fresh 1 gig install.

Thank you.
    05-18-13 12:22 PM
    No. Didn't sound like you followed Rogers instructions. You need to connect to blackberry link to get a "fresh" install. Hope that helps.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:28 PM
    I guess I thought the security wipe would ensure and complete start from scratch.

So I've hooked up to Link and click on the reload button and get nothing.
    05-18-13 12:40 PM
    I guess I thought the security wipe would ensure and complete start from scratch.

So I've hooked up to Link and click on the reload button and get nothing.
    It had a small update that seemed to block a factory restore. Once I completed the update, the factory restore option was available and is now in progress. Thank you.
    05-18-13 12:46 PM
    Your very welcome! Always love to help

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:47 PM