I have this gravatar popping up with only some of my contacts and cannot delete this image when I edit that particular contact:

How to delete gravatars attached to some of my contacts!!-gravatar.jpg

Does anyone know how to delete this annoying image and/or can tell me why it is appearing? I'm not registered with Facebook, Twitter or any of the social network accounts...
    07-11-13 07:03 PM
    LoL... never heard the term "gravatar" before, but maybe I'm sheltered.

Open your Contacts app. Go to one of the contacts sporting the fancy gravatar, and open the contact.
    In bottom bar where it says Links, is there a number there too? When you tap Links, what account(s) does it show?

Back out of Links screen.
    What happens in that contact when you tap the avatar? Doesn't it open the pic with option to change it?
    07-11-13 07:33 PM
    Contacts > Settings > uncheck: Use cloud services to find more about the contacts....
    11-25-13 04:32 AM
    That's the default image from LinkedIn. If you have any contacts "linked" to a LinkedIn account and they DON'T have any other pictures through any other "links", that will show.

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to get rid of it is to copy the contact info over to a new contact, then remove your LinkedIn account from your contacts.

Well, okay, one other way. Edit the account and add a new picture. One you like. Either of the business logo, the person or a generic one that you would use for every type of contact in the same category.

Like, I put this on all the hospitals phone numbers I have. (It's okay, I'm an EMT, Not a hypochondriac) Kind of let's you sort your contacts VISUALLY by groups.
    How to delete gravatars attached to some of my contacts!!-1207314060955899368hospital-blue.svg.med_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    Neville A Daniels likes this.
    11-25-13 05:53 AM