How can I control my volume settings without going into the settings what are the side volume buttons for :/

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:37 PM
    You can't control the volume settings (for notifications and so forth) anywhere else only in the settings itself.

The volume up and down buttons on the side are for controlling the ringer volume, the music volume when playing music or videos and the volume when your on a phone call you can turn it up or down, basic features of any phone.

If you have a password you can't control the volume from the side buttons except when playing music as the buttons get locked now which i am glad after this new OS update they have been locked when phone is locked as i hated that i would accidently turn volume down when its in my pocket and i missed calls.
    03-01-13 09:48 PM
    So the side volume on my control the ringer and music or any videos and texts bbm and fb can only be changed in alerts?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:55 PM
    So the side volume on my control the ringer and music or any videos and texts bbm and fb can only be changed in alerts?

Posted via CB10
    Yes so you set it to what you want for the level in settings and the side buttons control the Main sound levels, this is same on most phones all that i have owned been like this, see my signature to see what i own and have owned.

Like i have email set to low as i hate hearing it go off many times a day, but thats through settings and i have alerts set around 50%.
    03-01-13 10:14 PM
    Well on the iphone the side volume control controlled both alerts and ring

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:18 PM
    I don't remember if iphone did or not have not used it for a long time, i still have my iphone 4, but my kids G/F uses it for music and games only not phone service.

But even if it does, this is not an iphone so different setup is all.
    03-01-13 10:28 PM