I have a Z10 STL 100-1 and was using Telenor in Pakistan with bad signals but recently we ported out from Telenor to Warid which is renowned for best signals in Pakistan but to my amusement signal strength on my device is even weaker now. Is it the bad sim or problem with my radio hardware. How can I check the radio?

Or if it is the frequency issue with my handset and sim?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 08:56 AM
    The STL100-1 is only capable of HSPA+, and if the network you switched too doesn't support the same network channels/frequencies, you may actually get a worse signal as it'll have a harder time connecting.

First step is to try and research the radio bands used by both carriers, and compare them to the radio bands built into the STL100-1. If all seems good their, than get a new sim. If a sim doesn't fix it than it is most likely a radio hardware issue.

On that note, are you using Official OS's or Unofficial OS's? If it's the latter, you may actually have bad radio software as well.
    04-17-15 09:50 AM
    The STL100-1 is only capable of HSPA+, and if the network you switched too doesn't support the same network channels/frequencies, you may actually get a worse signal as it'll have a harder time connecting.

First step is to try and research the radio bands used by both carriers, and compare them to the radio bands built into the STL100-1. If all seems good their, than get a new sim. If a sim doesn't fix it than it is most likely a radio hardware issue.

On that note, are you using Official OS's or Unofficial OS's? If it's the latter, you may actually have bad radio software as well.
    I have checked and both networks supports 900/1800 frequencies but my Z10 is struggling to get any better than -78 dbm on both networks. Secondly I am on a leaked version which is 10.3.1.2582. How can I check the official OS released by the carrier?

Please help!!!
    04-17-15 10:24 AM
    Check official thru Sachesi
    04-17-15 10:56 AM
    I just looked and I was showing four out of five bars. My indicated strength at that time was -72 dB. When I'm at work I'm lucky to see one bar with an indicated -98 dB.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but maybe it will give you some idea what others are seeing.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 12:07 PM
    I have checked and both networks supports 900/1800 frequencies but my Z10 is struggling to get any better than -78 dbm on both networks. Secondly I am on a leaked version which is 10.3.1.2582. How can I check the official OS released by the carrier?

Please help!!!
    -78db is fairly decent in my book. When I was in Miami on AT&T, my signal strength was -89db to -100db. After all, what really matters is the data transfer speed, signal strength is only one factor affecting it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 12:26 PM