This was an easy thing to do in my previous bberry. I've worked all night on it but I cannot figure out how to change a contact's photo and name in black berry messenger on my new Z10. This person uses some moronic cartoon image that I despise plus emoticons rather than his name. I'd just like to blank his photo if nothing else and use his actual name.

The edit feature under contacts will not do the trick for me. I can type in the edit and switch the photo but then it doesn't save it.
    05-06-13 09:05 PM
    This was an easy thing to do in my previous bberry. I've worked all night on it but I cannot figure out how to change a contact's photo and name in black berry messenger on my new Z10. This person uses some moronic cartoon image that I despise plus emoticons rather than his name. I'd just like to blank his photo if nothing else and use his actual name.

The edit feature under contacts will not do the trick for me. I can type in the edit and switch the photo but then it doesn't save it.
    Hey hinesleeco, I am pretty sure when you are in BBM that you can click on their picture or information bar and within the screen that shows the barcode, updates, and apps, you are able to click on their display name and type whichever name you prefer. I am unsure if this works for the display picture, or if it is even possible to change someones picture that you see.... Hope this works.

Regards,
    05-06-13 09:47 PM
    Thanks. Yes, that tip did work with editing the name. It won't allow me to edit the picture though. I am positive that my old bberry allowed me to click on the photo and then edit both the photo and the name from there. Thanks for the help. I'm halfway there.
    05-06-13 10:18 PM
    Alright. Glad I could help. If you figure the picture edit, let me know because some of my contacts have horrendous pictures.

PIN: 24BE2846
    05-06-13 11:05 PM
    Thanks. Yes, that tip did work with editing the name. It won't allow me to edit the picture though. I am positive that my old bberry allowed me to click on the photo and then edit both the photo and the name from there. Thanks for the help. I'm halfway there.

here is how

the people from your BBM contact are also in your phone book. right?

click on that>edit>then you should see an "X" on the picture tap on the X then put whatever you want.
    or ask your friend to change his picture on his phone which will reflect on your device
    05-06-13 11:22 PM