Hi,

Title says it all. Sometimes, I get a word suggestion on the "space bar" and thats not the one I want, but I can't seem to cancel it. I have to push the space bar, enter the wrong word and hit "backspace" to correct it.

I'm wondering if there is a way or a move to just skip that suggestion and hit a "normal" space instead.

Any hint on that ?

Thanks !
    03-18-13 10:20 AM
    Just swipe up from the space bar. If you look closely the word you have typed in should be on top of the space bar. Therefore swiping up will leave it as is.

You have to be careful and master the flick because swiping up to hard from the space bar at least for me I find closes the window completely.
    03-18-13 10:23 AM
    Just swipe up from the space bar. If you look closely the word you have typed in should be on top of the space bar. Therefore swiping up will leave it as is.

You have to be careful and master the flick because swiping up to hard from the space bar at least for me I find closes the window completely.
    +1 for this. Yeah, it's pretty touchy, if you don't swipe up quite right you'll take yourself out of the Hub.

Posted via my sexy white Z10 using CB 10
    03-18-13 10:26 AM
    When you see word you want (in white color, on the fret above the space key), swipe up on the keyboard instead of hitting space. Hitting space inserts the word it thinks you want( in blue)

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 10:27 AM
    I've never been taken out of the Hub when doing that - make sure you don't swipe up from the bezel and you'll be ok. If you hit the spce bar, hold and then swipe up it will grab the word above it and put it in the message.

JB
    TrueKulcha and FSeverino like this.
    03-18-13 10:28 AM
    Or if you do hit the space bar, then just hit the delete key and it will switch back to your original text.

Posted using my Z10!
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-18-13 10:36 AM
    You actually have to hit the backspace button twice to go back to what you typed. Which is good cuz sometimes you want the correction but you don't want the extra space.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 11:12 AM
    Press send, which will deliver your uncorrected typed word. This is either a bug or a feature depending on how you look at it.
    03-18-13 11:30 AM
    +1 for this. Yeah, it's pretty touchy, if you don't swipe up quite right you'll take yourself out of the Hub.

Posted via my sexy white Z10 using CB 10
    yeah, that's so dumb. they need to fix that. i'm constantly swiping myself out of the hub unintentionally
    03-18-13 11:42 AM

Ahh there it is. Never noticed it before. Thanks !
    03-18-13 12:09 PM
    I always wondered why there were words around on several letters. Looked more like "Hey, this is how you spell the word." So, the space bar isn't the only point where you can swipe up words.
    04-18-13 01:07 PM
    I always wondered why there were words around on several letters. Looked more like "Hey, this is how you spell the word." So, the space bar isn't the only point where you can swipe up words.
    BlackBerry Z10 Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Help 101
    04-18-13 01:15 PM
    Indeed! This is one of the coolest features of BB10. It takes a little time to master the swipe up to "toss" the word into your message, but sometimes if you are just saying something mundane like "I'll come pick you up" you don't have to type any of the words, just flick them up.

Try: "I love you too" - you only have to type type "I <space> LO" and flick up "love", then "you" then "too". The software remembers things you type alot and does this for them too. My email appears after I type only a few letters of it.
    04-18-13 01:24 PM
    Add all your favorite curse words to the dictionary then worry about dropping an f-bomb on the back end.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:33 PM