How can I stay with a BlackBerry device? Where can I buy it? I have had my Verizon account since 1980 something - went to BlackBerry as soon as it was available, don't want any other device. Yes, I sent John Chen an e-mail several years ago about not having an option on their BlackBerry website for us to share our "good stories" about our BlackBerry device and being a BlackBerry owner. He wrote me back and I explained, I was at a large dinner event and someone noticed I had a BlackBerry. News traveled fast and I ended up asking if anyone else (among the 75 + people) owned a BlackBerry, not one hand came-up. I asked who has an iPhone they all raised their hands, I just smiled and thought -- Don't mind not traveling with the herd. I sent John the photo and story, he added a section to their site for customer feedback. In summary - Does anyone know how I can replace (when the day comes) my BlackBerry with another BlackBerry?
    07-15-21 03:36 PM
    How can I stay with a BlackBerry device? Where can I buy it? I have had my Verizon account since 1980 something - went to BlackBerry as soon as it was available, don't want any other device. Yes, I sent John Chen an e-mail several years ago about not having an option on their BlackBerry website for us to share our "good stories" about our BlackBerry device and being a BlackBerry owner. He wrote me back and I explained, I was at a large dinner event and someone noticed I had a BlackBerry. News traveled fast and I ended up asking if anyone else (among the 75 + people) owned a BlackBerry, not one hand came-up. I asked who has an iPhone they all raised their hands, I just smiled and thought -- Don't mind not traveling with the herd. I sent John the photo and story, he added a section to their site for customer feedback. In summary - Does anyone know how I can replace (when the day comes) my BlackBerry with another BlackBerry?
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but it's really time to move on. There will be no more BB phones. We may have a BB in name only later this year or next year but really it would just have a BB label on it. BlackBerry has stopped making phones (a few years ago) and all thats left are used and soon to be obsolete devices.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-15-21 04:06 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Ouch - I was afraid of that, am now looking at Kyocera and other non- Android non- iPhone - securer devices . Just want e-mail, phone, text, camera, calendar (when they stopped supporting BB Link - no sync with MS Cal) I was forced to send myself all my appointments. Thanks Again
    07-15-21 04:38 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Ouch - I was afraid of that, am now looking at Kyocera and other non- Android non- iPhone - securer devices . Just want e-mail, phone, text, camera, calendar (when they stopped supporting BB Link - no sync with MS Cal) I was forced to send myself all my appointments. Thanks Again
    I’m not sure you’re going to find non-Android/iOS device at this point. If you’re thinking of a modern flip-phone running KaiOS, I believe that mobile OS is partially developed by Google as well….
    07-15-21 07:21 PM
    Most Kyocera phone use Android.... unless your looking at their dumb phones. Android and iOS phones from major manufactures offer the highest level of security.

Concerned about privacy... there are ways to improve that with either platform, little time and little effort and you can be more confidant in your "security" than you should have been using an old outdated Z10.

Old doesn't equal secure...
    07-16-21 07:18 AM
    KaiOS has nothing to do with Google, or even android.

It was a separately OS that is Linux-like the way Android is. Based originally on a fork of the old Firefox OS.

What's interesting is that TCL is the largest shareholder of the Hong Kong company developing it now.
    07-17-21 11:17 AM
    KaiOS has nothing to do with Google, or even android.

It was a separately OS that is Linux-like the way Android is. Based originally on a fork of the old Firefox OS.

What's interesting is that TCL is the largest shareholder of the Hong Kong company developing it now.
    https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/22/ka...ture-phone-os/
    07-17-21 03:03 PM
    Didn't realize they were involved that much. Seems like Google just wants to keep a foot in the feature phone business.
    07-18-21 09:29 AM
    Didn't realize they were involved that much. Seems like Google just wants to keep a foot in the feature phone business.
    Google wants a bit of every business!
    07-18-21 05:28 PM
    Google isn't in the phone business, they are in the marketing business.

If they can provide Apps to KaiOS, and get those eyeballs looking at their browser, map, email... that's fine with them.
    07-19-21 07:18 AM
    Thanks everyone for your sage remarks, wonder what phone John Chen went with ... or does he still use a BlackBerry? Bottom-line is, I need to migrate all my contacts to a devise that will not access them. I did want to upgrade to another BlackBerry years ago, I didn't want Android (forced use of Google browser and contacts upload) . Forget about Android-Google, they would want my contacts loaded to a rarely used gmail account or? (except for the secure Android version, I'm looking for the devise now) . As for the iOS Apple - I would have to do more research into how "they" treat contacts, email accounts and calendars. Need a devise that links to MS OutLook, I'm in search of. No flip phone; just need email accounts, contacts, calendars, text, photos and SD memory (for documents and photos). I guess I will need to learn how to remove the 50 + apps that they adding to their phones. Any recommendations for my new Smart Phone.
    07-19-21 05:00 PM
    Thanks everyone for your sage remarks, wonder what phone John Chen went with ... or does he still use a BlackBerry? Bottom-line is, I need to migrate all my contacts to a devise that will not access them. I did want to upgrade to another BlackBerry years ago, I didn't want Android (forced use of Google browser and contacts upload) . Forget about Android-Google, they would want my contacts loaded to a rarely used gmail account or? (except for the secure Android version, I'm looking for the devise now) . As for the iOS Apple - I would have to do more research into how "they" treat contacts, email accounts and calendars. Need a devise that links to MS OutLook, I'm in search of. No flip phone; just need email accounts, contacts, calendars, text, photos and SD memory (for documents and photos). I guess I will need to learn how to remove the 50 + apps that they adding to their phones. Any recommendations for my new Smart Phone.
    Buy a Pixel 4a and put LineageOS on it. Android without Google.

Then add an anti-tracker like Netguard.
    07-19-21 07:26 PM
    Thanks much - doing research now.
    07-26-21 06:31 PM
    Thanks much - doing research now.
    At this point, one of the best ways to research... is just look at family and friends devices.
    07-27-21 06:56 AM