View Poll Results: Want to export Text Messages to PC?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is useful to backup Text Messages

1 100.00%
  • No, it is not really useful

0 0%
    Hello:

How can I save my Text messages from Blackberry Z10 to my PC?

I usually use Nokia phones. They come with an interesting PC Support application called Nokia Suite. An older, PC Suite, is also available.
    • Nokia Suite allows sync of Text Messages, Notes, Pictures; Videos between Devices & PC;
    • PC Suite allows export of Text Messages to CSV files.
    • Device allows Notes to be transferred to PC using Bluetooth where they can be saved in Microsoft Outlook.

These Support application programs from Nokia allow me to save my Text Messages independently to the PC.

On the Blackberry, its simply insane.
    • Text Messages can be deleted so easily by Opening.
    • Text Messages cannot be exported to PC separately, outside the main Backup.
    • There is no simple text Notes app.
    • Blackberry Blend, which was released with so much fanfare, simply notifies on the PC. Its not great, only hyped up.

All this and more is available with Nokia.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by apdire; 04-30-15 at 08:42 AM.
    04-30-15 07:17 AM
    You can COPY the chat and then paste it into some other email or text file or Remember, I guess.
    04-30-15 09:12 AM
    I'm positive this has been discussed before. IIRC, there's SMS BackUp (or something like that) and other third-party apps. I'll let you do the searching.

Welcome to CrackBerry!

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.500
    Last edited by ppeters914; 04-30-15 at 09:49 AM.
    04-30-15 09:37 AM
    Hello:

I usually use Nokia phones. They come with an interesting PC Support application called Nokia Suite. An older, PC Suite, is also available.
    • Nokia Suite allows sync of Text Messages, Notes, Pictures; Videos between Devices & PC;
    • PC Suite allows export of Text Messages to CSV files.
    • Device allows Notes to be transferred to PC using Bluetooth where they can be saved in Microsoft Outlook.

These Support application programs from Nokia allow me to save my Text Messages independently to the PC.

On the Blackberry, its simply insane.
    • Text Messages can be deleted so easily by Opening.
    • Text Messages cannot be exported to PC separately, outside the main Backup.
    • There is no simple text Notes app.
    • Blackberry Blend, which was released with so much fanfare, simply notifies on the PC. Its not great, only hyped up.

All this and more is available with Nokia.

Thank you in advance.
    Download SMS To Email Pro app from Blackberry world.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    04-30-15 09:44 AM
    SMS Backup works well, I've been using it for over a year, you can save them in a csv format as well if you need to.

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    05-01-15 07:24 AM
    Been using Backup Pro.
    05-01-15 08:07 AM
    I agree with everyone else.

While I agree that it is useful to backup text messages, we DO have ways to do it. I use SMS Backup, too. Picks up MMS messages and images as well. Still works with 10.3.1.

You ask the question, but then complain about the perceived inability without getting answers first.

There may not be any built-in native backup capability, but there are several apps that can do it, and as mentioned, you can copy an entire SMS thread into an email, the Remember app, or any note taking app you can buy.
    05-01-15 09:20 AM
    Blackberry copy function on txt messages only copies the last few weeks of a long conversation. It also doesn't save any pictures.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 01:33 AM
    Followed these suggestions & went to BB world & downloaded " SMS backup by Epic Windmill" worked excellent. It stored backup data in documents folder, copied to my PC, then switched USB cable from old Z10 to new Z30 (OS 10.3.3), copied files , then used it's restore - pretty no brainer - worked flawlessHow can I save Text Messages from Blackberry Z10?-img_20190613_145851_edit.png
    Last edited by Craigrich2; 06-14-19 at 02:50 AM.
    06-13-19 05:03 PM
    Followed these suggestions & went to BB world & downloaded " SMS backup by Epic Windmill" worked excellent. It stored backup data in documents folder, copied to my PC, then switched USB cable from old Z10 to new Z30 (OS 10.3.3), copied files , then used it's restore - pretty no brainer - worked flawlessClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190613_145851_edit.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	444819
    Glad to hear it worked for you.

It's a great app, glad it's still available as it used to be a paid for app and they were taken down a long time ago, thanks to the developer for making it free.

Posted via CB10 using my P'9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    06-14-19 05:00 AM