http://www.openwhatsapp.org/blog/2013/04/15/how-blackberry-run-their-business-ii/

...thoughts?
    05-02-13 11:13 AM
    http://www.openwhatsapp.org/blog/2013/04/15/how-blackberry-run-their-business-ii/

...thoughts?
    this is the same guy hat was developing a whatsapp clone for BB and eventually got shut down right? the rating thing is something i believe all companies do, not just unique to blackberry
    05-02-13 11:18 AM
    Although some of this guys gripes are legit (the whole open whatsapp fiasco) this one is a bug. It's been reported multiple times on these forums, with devs even stating that their apps sometimes show the wrong rating when compared to their vendor portal.
    05-02-13 11:23 AM
    Oh give it up, this is old news. That guys been going on about it.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:23 AM
    Oh give it up, this is old news. That guys been going on about it.

Posted via CB10
    My bad I thought it was another post about the openwhatsapp. I double checked and nine doesn't look like that. Why so many stars

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:26 AM
    Wait what.

I think the only thing that can justify this is a glitch within BlackBerry World itself.
    Either that or BBRY has a potential issue on their hands...and a lot of explaining to do. Let's hope the media doesn't hop on this
    05-02-13 11:36 AM
    why cannot be there whatsup clone anyways ? there are 3 or 4 clones of twitter.
    05-02-13 11:48 AM
    I've noticed this stuff as well, App world really needs to clean itself up imo. Blackberry needs to ensure the consumer experience is top notch, and it's clear that their is some manipulation of ratings/comments going on. I don't think every dev gets this kind of 'preferantial' treatment, but for the 'bigger' guys (like whatsapp), they are clearly 'fluffing' the rankings/comments.
    05-02-13 11:49 AM
    This developer seems very upset with BlackBerry and is obsessing a bit about his App getting pulled down off of App World. It's not that it was just a "clone" of Whatsapp....I think he was pretty much using a backdoor to access their servers and service. But that's just what I read so don't take it as gospel
    05-02-13 01:45 PM
    It's a Bug.... If you Check BBworld via your Browser (PC) you see the right amount of stars.... Don't worry i think he is a lil mad about BB.
    And you got the Overall amount on the Top.
    05-02-13 02:06 PM
    The correct number of stars shows up for me in BlackBerry World.

But this chump needs to move on. It was a bit shabby for him that the time he had spent was wasted, but it's not the least bit surprising that this would happen upon the official release of the app. He said his piece, he made his point, but now he's sounding like a child with a bad attitude. I hope the best for him, but I also hope I don't hear from him again.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:32 PM