I have used bb8xxxx for a long time but only for one purpose - corporate emails. I don't normally even make calls from this company device. now I have a white z10 on the way, how bad it is to replace my samsung s2? I need chase banking app, fidelity trading app, calendar, contacts, cloud, bloomberg, nytimes, wsj, bbc, gasbuddy, google maps, FB, wechat, Skype, mms, web browser, running gps, MP3 player, YouTube. I am probably not going to get any foreign media apps from japan, hk, Singapore, uk.

oh we'll, I am still going to use corporate bb8xxx for business emails. $199 seems to be fairly inexpensive, if I can get essential apps I need. I don't have high usage demands, just want information and productive apps. hope I don't have to sell it and get an iPhone or Samsung.
    12-13-13 11:25 PM
    My friend recently switched from an S2 to a Z10 and he loves it, although, I don't think he uses his phone for the same purposes as you do. As far as the apps go, if your okay with using Android ports, I think all of the mentioned apps will work, but don't quote me on that as I don't personally use any of them.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 11:27 PM
    I need chase banking app, fidelity trading app, calendar, contacts, cloud, bloomberg, nytimes, wsj, bbc, gasbuddy, google maps, FB, wechat, Skype, mms, web browser, running gps, MP3 player, YouTube.
    The apps that you listed which aren't on BlackBerry World that I am sure about are Chase Banking and Google Maps (there are other good navigation apps though, like BeMaps 10 Pro or Maps on BlackBerry 10). I'm not sure if fidelity trading or cloud (if that's a cloud storage app there are other ones you can use like Dropbox or Box) are in BlackBerry World, I couldn't find them with a quick search.

The rest of the apps you listed are in BlackBerry's application store or come with the phone.

If you need the ones not in BlackBerry World really badly, you could sideload them or download a leaked 10.2.1 OS (either of which are a hassle and could be buggy) to get the Android versions.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    12-13-13 11:38 PM
    Haha, from the S2 to the Z10, you should love it, a co-worker has an S2 and definitely seems clunky compared to my Z10. A much smoother keyboard on the Z10 will be one of the first things you'll notice. As for your apps, you'll have no problem finding 90% of apps you require. Not sure about Chase Mobile though.

BlackBerry World for BB10 is leaps and bounds from BlackBerry App World from BB7. So Enjoy! Seems to get better daily.
    Let us know how it goes, enjoy your Z10, best phone I've ever owned! By day 2 or 3 you'll be flying!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-14-13 12:54 AM
    How bad is the Z10?-img_00000784.png
    How bad is the Z10?-img_00000787.png
    How bad is the Z10?-img_00000786.png

12-14-13 12:59 AM
    Both Box and Dropbox are already loaded on the Z10.

12-14-13 01:10 AM
    I noticed you didn't say qq, that Is good because the qq app does not work. All the other apps you mentioned work like a dream. Wechat especially.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:39 AM
    Gasbuddy is in BBW
    How bad is the Z10?-img_20131085.png

Enzetsu's Wallpaper Collection PIN: C003653FF
    12-14-13 07:17 AM
    Google Maps really isn't necessary but runs better on 10.2.1 than on an S2. Chase works just as well through the browser as through an app.

You're definitely moving up in the world. I had a better Android than the one you have and I wouldn't like to go back to it - at all.
    12-14-13 07:32 AM
    Really getting fed up with these negative post, we should be posting how GOOD is Z10

X
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-14-13 02:36 PM
    ^^^Just be thankful you don't have to associate with these negative twits...

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or My Z10 On AT&T
    12-14-13 02:48 PM
    I have used bb8xxxx for a long time but only for one purpose - corporate emails. I don't normally even make calls from this company device. now I have a white z10 on the way, how bad it is to replace my samsung s2? I need chase banking app, fidelity trading app, calendar, contacts, cloud, bloomberg, nytimes, wsj, bbc, gasbuddy, google maps, FB, wechat, Skype, mms, web browser, running gps, MP3 player, YouTube. I am probably not going to get any foreign media apps from japan, hk, Singapore, uk.

oh we'll, I am still going to use corporate bb8xxx for business emails. $199 seems to be fairly inexpensive, if I can get essential apps I need. I don't have high usage demands, just want information and productive apps. hope I don't have to sell it and get an iPhone or Samsung.
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry. I realize you are new here hence the title leaning towards the negative. Most the apps you want you are able to get via one or another method on the Z10. Now you can't change the thread title but it would have been nice if you could have asked: how good is the Z10? You're welcome anyways.
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-14-13 02:58 PM
    As for the phone itself, it works very well. It's smooth and lag free with a real good browser.

Expect a bit of a learning curve coming from the S2 and an old Blackberry. After you are used to it you will enjoy using it daily. It can be a very productive phone if you want it to be and it can also be a fun little portable gaming machine.

If you have specific questions once you receive the phone, do a search through the forums because there has been a ton of questions and answers regarding the Z10 because it's been out since February. And if you cannot find an answer the fine folks in the forums will usually be able to answer your questions.

Good luck and have fun.

Z10 10.2.1.1055
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-14-13 03:02 PM
    QQ now working on latest os as of yesterday. Need the 1mobile app store app don't use the blackberry world version.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:14 AM

Z10 definitely good in email, now BlackBerry 10 has the we chat, skype, twitter, Facebook. All of that stuff. If you need some apps such as Google Maps. It's easy just port some Android app. You can easily find how to in the internet, especially here on CrackBerry. But Z10 has 2 great problemm for me.

First, the battery life. The 1800mAh batt doesn't strong enough to power the BlackBerry 10 os. If I'm running on H+, my phone will probably dead in 4 hours

Second, The internal storage. It's true that you can use Micro SD card to save more file. But the app you installed only can be saved on internal memory. So 16 GB isn't enough for me.

But! Z10 really has the greatest Virtual Keyboard compares to Samsung's Android and Apple's iPhone. BlackBerry HUB is just amazing! The update 10.2 is good!!! Really

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-24-13 10:04 AM
    As for the phone itself, it works very well. It's smooth and lag free with a real good browser.

Expect a bit of a learning curve coming from the S2 and an old Blackberry. After you are used to it you will enjoy using it daily. It can be a very productive phone if you want it to be and it can also be a fun little portable gaming machine.

If you have specific questions once you receive the phone, do a search through the forums because there has been a ton of questions and answers regarding the Z10 because it's been out since February. And if you cannot find an answer the fine folks in the forums will usually be able to answer your questions.

Good luck and have fun.

Z10 10.2.1.1055
    Crackberry is one of the big reasons I love BlackBerry so much! I've been around since the original storm, did a year with the iPhone, and if BlackBerry can pull itself out of this horrible mess it's in I don't see myself going anywhere else.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 10:08 AM