I was experimenting how to attach a phone charm to the Z10 and I found out i can do this by using the gap at the bottom where the speaker hole is. All you have to do is put the charm string in there where there are 2 bumps and close the cover and voila phone charm attached. What's the point? I can actually use it to pull my phone out of my pocket by pulling on the charm

How to attach a phone charm-dsc_0659.jpg
    How to attach a phone charm-dsc_0656.jpg
    How to attach a phone charm-dsc_0660.jpg
    03-03-13 11:23 PM
    Where'd you get the Spark Charm?
    03-03-13 11:41 PM
    Snatched a few at a giveaway and some erasers too, a very nice charm

Ask Kevin to get some for the crackberry store lol

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 11:58 PM
    That's actually a fairly nifty idea! I'm not one for cell phone charms or trinkets (my Hello Kitty cell case phase is loooooooong past) but that's actually a good idea to get the phone out in a hurry. I find quite often if I have my Z10 in my pocket it tends to stick in there (might have something to do with the case texture grabbing the pocket cloth). Sometimes don't get the call in time because of it.
    I'd rock one of them spark charms if Kevin were so inclined to stock them (nudge, nudge, wink, wink Kevin).
    03-04-13 12:04 AM
    No good. Try placing the charm loop around the top fastener near the headphone jack. Works great I wearing around my neck. It stays safe and handy.
    03-04-13 01:04 AM
    Love the spark charm
    03-04-13 01:07 AM
    How about a hologram BB charm? Like the one on the Z10battery.
    03-04-13 01:34 AM
    No good. Try placing the charm loop around the top fastener near the headphone jack. Works great I wearing around my neck. It stays safe and handy.
    where?!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    03-04-13 01:35 AM
    I'd be too afraid it would swing at the screen and sctatch/smash it!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    03-04-13 01:36 AM
    Aren't those bumps small pieces of plastic? I'd be afraid of them breaking!
    dracolnyte likes this.
    03-04-13 01:36 AM
    Where?
    03-04-13 12:40 PM
    im afraid if you pull too hard on that and it snaps in mid air, there goes your $700 phone
    03-04-13 02:15 PM
    You underestimate the strength of plastic against a piece of string lol. The plastic cannot bend when it is so small in length; if you worked with materials before you would know the length of the plastic definitely affects how ductile it is . You have to remember the string is not holding the weight of the phone 24/7. I can hold the phone upside down and swing it around in a circular motion no problem. Even with a proper loop for a charm, I would not recommend hanging the phone upside down all its life on a necklace. I do not suggest hanging the phone upside down with a necklace using this method, be warned
    03-04-13 04:59 PM
    How to attach a phone charm-img-20130304-00005.jpg

This is mine, it's taken from my digital camera, works pretty well. I would like a Spark one though, and pink case.
    StutterStep likes this.
    03-04-13 07:12 PM
    I'll pass Im from the city.You just asking for a pick pocket to try if you walking around like the jean pocket pic.
    03-04-13 07:16 PM
    The small supports at the speaker were not designed for this. Take care that these can be damaged if you pull too hard. Technically, they should have made an optional loop for this purpose as like some other phone manufactures did.
    03-04-13 10:03 PM
    I'll pass Im from the city.You just asking for a pick pocket to try if you walking around like the jean pocket pic.
    Don't wear pants with such loose pockets, problem solved. I don't know what city you live in but to worry about pick pocketing in Toronto or anywhere in Canada is being paranoid. The phone cannot be pulled out that easily from any direction trust me because by the time sometime tries to take my phone they'll meet my fist before the phone comes out

The small supports at the speaker were not designed for this. Take care that these can be damaged if you pull too hard. Technically, they should have made an optional loop for this purpose as like some other phone manufactures did.
    I do not yank it out, just pull. The only manufacturer that I can think of famous for a charm loop was Sony Ericsson; I used to have their candy bar phones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130304-00005.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	139214

This is mine, it's taken from my digital camera, works pretty well. I would like a Spark one though, and pink case.
    Looks good. A case will definitely prevent the back cover from coming off by accident if you somehow yank too hard in the direction perpendicular to the cover. I have not have my cover come off and hopefully won't happen. I have a few spark charms but I don't know if I want to give them away
    RDslva likes this.
    03-04-13 10:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130304-00005.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	139214

You need to clean your lens
    03-06-13 08:12 AM
    That's actually a fairly nifty idea! I'm not one for cell phone charms or trinkets (my Hello Kitty cell case phase is loooooooong past) but that's actually a good idea to get the phone out in a hurry. I find quite often if I have my Z10 in my pocket it tends to stick in there (might have something to do with the case texture grabbing the pocket cloth). Sometimes don't get the call in time because of it.
    I'd rock one of them spark charms if Kevin were so inclined to stock them (nudge, nudge, wink, wink Kevin).
    Which case are you talking about?
    03-06-13 08:16 AM
    Which case are you talking about?
    I've got an Otterbox Defender
    03-07-13 08:30 AM
    It's been sometimes since I posted the pictures, But since then I have been using a WiiMote lanyard as my phone charm and it's been yanked on and pulled and the phone is safe and sound.
    BB Geek likes this.
    03-20-13 06:28 AM
  22. Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo's Avatar
    Wow... thanks for posting. I ordered a mini 2600mAh portable powerbank that looks like a phoje charm and was wondering how to attach it...now i know. Thanks vmuch,.. ^_^
    01-24-14 04:24 AM