Hi Guys, I've had my Z10 for a few months now. Really like the phone but theres a couple of things that really bug me, I will create 2 threads one for each issue..

Right, first issue im having is that the keyboard sometimes auto corrects a word that I haven't spelt wrong, this is really frustrating. For example when I type so it auto corrects it to do. I know I spelt it correctly as hen I press delete it shows th correct word that I spelt.
    I know there's an option to turn off autocorrect all together but I don't want to do that as I want it to correct things I do wrong, I don't see why it changes a word that I've spelt correctly to start with.

The weirdest example of this is when I typed 'that' and it auto(in)corrected it to 'thar' and underlined it in red to show its wrong, well sweetheart I spelled it correctly to begin with it was you that changed it to a spelling mistake..

Is there anyway I cant stop it from changing correctly spelt words please?

now a new thread for my 2nd issue with onedrive
    12-30-14 03:06 PM
    Settings>Language and Input>Prediction and Correction. You can add your own corrections or clear everything that it has learned and try training it again only better this time lol.
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    12-30-14 03:29 PM
    Hey, nothing wrong with THAR (as in "thar she blows") and it goes along so well with my THUS (when I typed THIS!!!) Yes, it is quirky to say the least. This morning it decided that I GAVE (at the office???) when I typed HAVE (backspace revealed it was HAVE that I typed).

My Samsung Tablet changes Z10 to "zip" each and every time!!!

The failings of auto-correct make for endless fun and embarrassing moments.
    12-30-14 04:00 PM
    Settings>Language and Input>Prediction and Correction. You can add your own corrections or clear everything that it has learned and try training it again only better this time lol.
    Thanks Bla1ze, I cleared the list and turned off the option for learn new words, but it still does it
    Just typed 'kick' and it changed it to 'luck' backspace revealed that I had indeed typed kick. Confusing why it changes correctly spelt words, I've never come across this type of auto correct before
    12-30-14 06:28 PM
    I have the same issue... when I type I by itself it changes to U!?!
    Same with your so issue, it changes it to do at the most inappropriate times, especially when I tell others how good the Z30's keyboard is compared to my Galaxy Note 2.

And it just changed most to mist! :/

Post via my BlackBerry  Z30!
    12-30-14 07:15 PM
    Turn off autocorrect misspelled words with the spacebar, clear all learned words.
    12-30-14 07:34 PM
    Turn off autocorrect misspelled words with the spacebar, clear all learned words.
    Thanks for replying ealvnv, but as ive stated ive already cleared the list. and I don't want to completely shut off autocorrect as I actually want it to fix my errors. What I don't want is for it to change non-errors.

cdnynot - sorry to say but I'm glad I'm not the only one having these issues. its baffling why a correctly spelt word gets changed.
    12-31-14 12:12 AM
    Your phone learns from your input so when you type in "thar" and flicked up, it will learn that you wrote that word on purpose. But when you type "that", it will try to correct it into "thar" because it has learned it.

One method is to follow the suggestions above.

Another is to flick the space bar up after typing your correct word. After a few times making a distinction in your typing, it will learn when you write "thar" on purpose, and when you write "that" on purpose.

My phone does that too sometimes. When I write "on" sometimes it will correct it to "in", and vice versa. That's mostly because "on" and "in" are used very frequently, so the phone gets confused sometimes. Other words are corrected gloriously. You can see no typos in this post, it's all Z10 baby.
    12-31-14 12:13 AM
    Thanks for explaining that Ammar, I did actually know all this before hand as I did my research before plunging for a Z10.
    It still doesn't explain why it changes a perfectly good word, its all good and well 'learning' new words but should only use them if there's been an actual mistake. if I type 'that' - its a correct word, I've physically got every letter correct. Its madness to change that just because it thinks I used thar once (which I didn't by the way as it was underlined in red, if I had used it previously and added to my dictionary surely it shouldn't be underlined, and if it allowed it to slip it should have corrected it to that in the first place).

So what I'm getting at is say I typed thsr which isn't a word and obvious mistake, only then should it fix it to thar (if it thinks that's an added word) or to that. Why change a perfectly good word in the dictionary? when its been perfectly typed - that's the bit that riles me

Is there not a way to turn off autocorrect for say words that exist in the dictionary so it stops trying to replace words that are correct. Because like I say I still want auto correct on for genuine mistakes, but I spend too much time correcting the Z10 rather than the other way around like it should be.

With these reponses im beginning to think that there isn't a fix, and its something blackberry just got wrong trying to be too clever, might end up just removing auto correct and fixing any errors myself at the end of my typing, though that would be a shame as I'm actually a big fan of auto correct
    12-31-14 12:32 AM
    junxs - AI, Artificial Intelligence, still has a long way to go. Some folks claim that they can type almost full paragraphs using auto-correct and quickly flicking words. So they must have very specific typing patterns that allows the AI (in the z10) to predict when they want THAR and THAT and IN/ON, etc. Live/love, have/gave......

It is still a compromise. Then again, my secretary almost always had to fix my not/no typos. REAL intelligence rather than AI!!!!
    12-31-14 10:39 AM
    Mine always changes 'are' to 'ate' no matter how many times I try to fix it.
    12-31-14 11:13 AM
    What's your selected option on auto correct?

How to adjust auto(in)correct settings?-img_20150101_011353.png

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 11:14 AM
    You have to watch what gets put in the space bar. Many times what gets inserted there is an alternative option, or a possible word you could have meant to type based on letters near the ones you actually typed. It's really a nice feature, imo...I find that slang words, swear words, and acronyms tend to get "auto-corrected" in the space bar, but there is still the option to swipe up the word that was actually typed instead of tapping the space bar. Also, swiping a word up automatically inserts a space for the next word. Usually the only time I use the space bar is to correct my screw ups, or to double tap for periods.
    After a month or so away from this awesome keyboard, I really miss it....I would suggest not fully typing out the words and using the space bar to add spaces between fully typed out words. To get the most out of this keyboard, take advantage of the swiping up words feature.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:34 PM
    You have to watch what gets put in the space bar. Many times what gets inserted there is an alternative option, or a possible word you could have meant to type based on letters near the ones you actually typed. It's really a nice feature, imo...I find that slang words, swear words, and acronyms tend to get "auto-corrected" in the space bar, but there is still the option to swipe up the word that was actually typed instead of tapping the space bar. Also, swiping a word up automatically inserts a space for the next word. Usually the only time I use the space bar is to correct my screw ups, or to double tap for periods.
    After a month or so away from this awesome keyboard, I really miss it....I would suggest not fully typing out the words and using the space bar to add spaces between fully typed out words. To get the most out of this keyboard, take advantage of the swiping up words feature.

Posted via CB10
    I still don't have my SWIPING down very well. I THINK I have swiped the word and I get the letter instead. Sometimes, there's another opportunity to swipe the correct word (if I swipe successfully this next time) but many times entirely new and wrong words appear after an errant swipe. Oh, well.
    12-31-14 07:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think this is probably the best way top over come it, you're right I'm not even looking at the suggested word, I'm just pressing the space bar to go onto the next word. I cant seem to master the swipe up, sometimes it accepts the swipe but most times it just thinks I've pressed space. Either I need to swipe it a bit longer or do it slower.

I tried turning off auto correct completely but there were too many spelling mistakes so had to switch it back on.
    I still think there should be an option to turn off corrections on words that have been correctly spelt and are in the dictionary.

I really miss my Lumia 625 swipe keyboard, that was much better.
    01-07-15 02:12 AM