Hello All,
    here's the thought i'd have to propose. Instead of going heavy into competitor area and fight with established and market proven devices - why not introduce something radical.
    Say... hw-wise Z10 would be as a medium spec PC from 2009-2010. Since QNX as OS is well optimized (proven by QNX demo 1.44 floppy decades ago) why not include in BB10 a second desktop manager and windows manager which is enabled once HDMI plugged in? And bring desktop-like experience to user? Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor and more than necessary computing power to address most used tools:

- emails
    - browsing
    - messaging (SMS/BBM/other)
    - office tools for documents
    - framework to bring others in (social platforms, games, etc.)

It seems that re-using of same GUI is quite ridiculous, adopting it to bigger screen just simply not working. OS architecture should be fine with it and by doing so - it's a new generation of smart phone introduced. In quite a few cases this would be received well by corporate users since 80% of the time it's office type of use (mails/documents). Now that is something i'd call differentiator - just a docking station and your computer is always with you.

What would you say about it? Makes sense or not?
    Last edited by EnBerry; 04-23-13 at 03:30 PM.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-11-13 05:11 PM
    when i mentioned GUI re-use i was referring to this thread here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oid-do-770397/
    04-11-13 05:27 PM
    Hello All,
    here's the thought i'd have to propose. Instead of going heavy into competitor area and fight with established and market proven devices - why not introduce something radical.
    Say... hw-wise Z10 would be as a medium spec PC from 2009-2010. Since QNX as OS is well optimized (proven by QNX demo 1.44 floppy decades ago) why not include in BB10 a second desktop manager and windows manager which is enabled once HDMI plugged in? And bring desktop-like experience to user? Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor and more than necessary computing power to address most used tools:

- emails
    - browsing

It seems that re-using of same GUI is quite ridiculous, adopting it to bigger screen just simply not working. OS architecture should be fine with it and by doing so - it's a new generation of smart phone introduced. In quite a few cases this would be received well by corporate users since 80% of the time it's office type of use (mails/documents). Now that is something i'd call differentiator - just a docking station and your computer is always with you.

I wholeheartedly agree with this, and I really hope that's what "Mobile Computing" means to BlackBerry.

I have a feeling that multimedia dock may play a part in all this.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:55 PM
    yeap, same here... using BP and keep a close look at Z. I guess I need indication of this direction to pull the trigger
    04-11-13 05:59 PM
    and it seems that its out there already for some competitors... check . Sad.
    Last edited by EnBerry; 04-11-13 at 06:47 PM. Reason: URL update
    04-11-13 06:09 PM
    Hello All,

- emails
    - browsing

I get what your saying, but do you really think Blackberry hasn't thought of this already, thereup against apple, google, Samsung etc, who all release computers tablets phones and more, I'm sure bb has lot more in the works, but time will tell.
    04-11-13 06:59 PM
    I get what your saying, but do you really think Blackberry hasn't thought of this already, thereup against apple, google, Samsung etc, who all release computers tablets phones and more, I'm sure bb has lot more in the works, but time will tell.
    well... i hope they did. The only missing bit here - would be great to get some indication of the thinking. Otherwise it's like in famous anecdote from Pulp Fiction - "Catch Up!"

Anyway, probably i'm just bragging about it and i think main reason is i don't see expected "evolution" given that QNX demo 1.44 floppy disk which was "dancing around" Windows 3.11 in all aspects. Now, decade+ later you see "let's compare vs. W8". Thats sad... Maybe it's just me, so i'll keep on checking out how it goes.
    04-11-13 07:18 PM
    it actually got me thinking... if i'll take into account this video

and then read about Z10 boot time... Question is obvious - how much of actual QNX is ended up in Z10? Probably not that much...
    04-11-13 07:35 PM
    would be great to get QNX-ers and practitioners comment If any available here...
    04-12-13 02:42 AM
    well... 10 day's and no feedback. Seems like not much of QNX-ers are hanging here. Thats also fine, peace out!
    04-23-13 03:29 PM