Microsoft is sending their army of paid trolls. Expect more of such drivel.
    Blackberry has double the subscribers than Windows phone users
    02-13-13 10:21 PM
    U mad?
    Thanks, you added so much to the conversation. I hope in having replied to your post in a negative way, I've filled your troll quota for the day.
    02-14-13 04:14 AM
    well. it is better to pay trolls than to troll those you pay
    02-14-13 04:43 AM
    The guy tried the Z10 and was disappointed and you people have drank so much Koolaid you can't sand it.

I guess only blind Blackberry fans should post here so that the owners do not feel bad about their investment.

This all reminds me of the RIM tablet introduction!

Seeing this thread has over 190 likes, I would say there is not enough Koolaid to go around to everyone!
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-14-13 05:12 AM
    The guy tried the Z10 and was disappointed and you people have drank so much Koolaid you can't sand it.

I guess only blind Blackberry fans should post here so that the owners do not feel bad about their investment.

Seeing this thread has over 190 likes, I would say there is not enough Koolaid to go around to everyone!
    Come on, have some mercy.

Berry only diet is even tougher on body than fruit only diet.

But our minds stay sharp) ))

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 05:20 AM
    Oh wow, and they say people over at the Windows phone section are bad

I work for one of the top 3 wireless carriers in Canada. I have seen all the phone come and go and see them come back with issues. Well be proud I can say none of the Z10 have come back yet compared to the iphone 5's (god what a nightmare these were) during launch week.

Been a BB user for 7 years my last model was 9900. But I took a chance to switch to Lumia 920 (NO REGRETS). Although I do miss some functionality of the BlackBerry, the Windows phone has its perks. Its not without its flaws but so far it still comes ahead of the Z10 in my eyes. Few factors come in effect here:

hardware: If you ever held a Lumia and a Z10 in your hand you can tell that the Lumia is built to be more sturdy. ALSO one big gripe I have with Z10, no gorilla glas. I mean seriously if you are launching a product to save your *** at least offer what most of your competitors offer. Also the colour on the screen look dull and washed out compare to the 920. NOW BEFORE you BB freaks go off on me here is the thing. Z10 feels nicer in hand, Lumia 920 is a bit too big and also a lot more heavier than the Z10 so the Z10 wins in that category. Can't comment on battery life on Z10's because I haven't used one long enough.

Both devices feel quick to respond initially. But I find the more you use the Z10 it starts to get sluggish loading certain applications. It sometimes shudders. Lumia is just fast and smooth with everything you do. IT IS faster than the Z10 by all means. BUT its not perfect neither this the Z10

Software

Well its BlackBerry vs Winphone 8

I always loved the BlackBerry software and still do but to be honest the new Z10 relies too much on gestures I think its overkill. I love the gestures but its just too much. However BB HUB > Winphone 8 Tiles. Winphone 8 is still new OS just like the Z10 and I love its simplicity and quick responsiveness. Sorry guys BB Z10 seems slow in comparison. BUT!!! Winpone 8 lacks notification center and we have been asking and requesting that they add this in the next patch. Also I love the live tiles but they aren't the best way to notify you of new in coming messages. BB HUB wins in this category.

I could go on and on but I don't feel like writing a report here. I like both phones but unfortunately the Z10 hasn't impress me enough to go back to BlackBerry and toss my Lumia in the drawer.

P.S. For those that seem to think the Z10 UI doesn't look like your typical ios/android clone, you guys are so far in denial I almost pity you.
    You're attempting to be fair, I can see that. No offense but you're not doing very well. There's a freaking grocery list of flaws and deficiencies with WP8 that you're completely neglecting to mention. And the 920 itself... Well let's just say this isn't the nokia quality we all remember anymore folks. I hear a lot of people making excuses for this part, but yeah... that thing is FAT. I know what sitting down with a phablet in your pants pocket feels like and it sucks. If I were to be more forgiving of wp8s shortcomings, i'd go with the 8x, not the 920 blood sugar monitor.

As for no gorilla glass, I think you should look up Touch on Lens technology.
    02-14-13 06:02 AM
    You're attempting to be fair, I can see that. No offense but you're not doing very well. There's a freaking grocery list of flaws and deficiencies with WP8 that you're completely neglecting to mention. And the 920 itself... Well let's just say this isn't the nokia quality we all remember anymore folks. I hear a lot of people making excuses for this part, but yeah... that thing is FAT. I know what sitting down with a phablet in your pants pocket feels like and it sucks. If I were to be more forgiving of wp8s shortcomings, i'd go with the 8x, not the 920 blood sugar monitor.

As for no gorilla glass, I think you should look up Touch on Lens technology.
    Not all of us want a toy. My Lumia 920 fits just fine and the heft is reassuring. If I wanted a phone that felt as though it was manufactured by Fisher Price, I'd get the Ativ S. In regards to WP8's apparent shortcomings, sure there are some. However, none cripple the system. I frequently have to reset the phone or else the facebook app force closes upon launch rendering it useless without doing so. Also, I've ony got 4.3 gigs full and I don't run too many apps and the lag has definitely hit me.
    02-15-13 02:06 AM

Sorry but no.

The original post is claiming the camera is so bad a 7 year old phone's was better. This was disproved already by an "independant" study. Also, some of us are still waiting for him to prove he even has the device.
    02-15-13 04:26 AM
    I had htc 8x for some time and I can say BB10 is way better than wp8

I am not going to write some trivial things as settings and flexibility where wp8 beats even apple in terms of restrictions.

I won't because in the end Microsoft as any other maker can fix/add some tweaks and bells and whistles.

What it can't though and what matters most for any os - is its architecture.

Sorry, but wp8 is just pathetic when it comes to multitasking. Open browser load the page minimise it, open again - the page will reload. Sorry, no go.

And the whole idea of having long list of frozen apps in the background and scrolling through and exiting back through the back key via a heap of apps...sounds rediculous after os10 or latest android task manager. BlackBerry os10 new paradigma is absolutely more convenient and allows for true multitasking.

Android needed all those specs to run the bully. Apple and Microsoft restricted multitasking to make sure things run smooth and don't collapse. Both ways are extreme.

BlackBerry did the right thing - optimisation/right modern architecture from the scratch. This is the future. I don't know who will reign the market. But I am sure oses will have to evolve this way.

And just the last update only brought wp8 ability to save tex message drafts. Very creative.

Volume that runs it for ringer, alarm clock, and games? Good idea?

Why does not wp8 syncs notes with my exchange accounts. Z10 does it out of the box. Clever.

All in all, Z10 is built upon incredible platform allowing to truly multitask.

02-15-13 04:35 AM
    I had htc 8x for some time and I can say BB10 is way better than wp8

I am not going to write some trivial things as settings and flexibility where wp8 beats even apple in terms of restrictions.

I won't because in the end Microsoft as any other maker can fix/add some tweaks and bells and whistles.

What it can't though and what matters most for any os - is its architecture.

Sorry, but wp8 is just pathetic when it comes to multitasking. Open browser load the page minimise it, open again - the page will reload. Sorry, no go.

And the whole idea of having long list of frozen apps in the background and scrolling through and exiting back through the back key via a heap of apps...sounds rediculous after os10 or latest android task manager. BlackBerry os10 new paradigma is absolutely more convenient and allows for true multitasking.

Android needed all those specs to run the bully. Apple and Microsoft restricted multitasking to make sure things run smooth and don't collapse. Both ways are extreme.

BlackBerry did the right thing - optimisation/right modern architecture from the scratch. This is the future. I don't know who will reign the market. But I am sure oses will have to evolve this way.

And just the last update only brought wp8 ability to save tex message drafts. Very creative.

Volume that runs it for ringer, alarm clock, and games? Good idea?

Why does not wp8 syncs notes with my exchange accounts. Z10 does it out of the box. Clever.

All in all, Z10 is built upon incredible platform allowing to truly multitask.

Is it really worth it to have all of those tasks run in the background if you get the lag and extreme battery drain that so plagues BBOS and Android? For the record though, the browser does truly multi-task so why you had to reload a page every time is beyond me. My Windows Phone works just fine with Exchange though I don't see how anyone can still be tethered to such an outdated option. Even google is ditching support altogether for it. Multitasking isn't necessary, it's just something being played off as a big deal and it's not like they'll be admitting it's shortcomings. Sending this from my Lumia 920, 27 hours of fair use and still at 36 percent battery.
    02-15-13 10:21 AM
    I don't have any lags on bb10 and its battery life as good as my wife's iphone 5

02-15-13 11:21 AM
    To the OP... I wish I could have commented on this earlier, but I'll throw this in:

You mention in your original, poorly written, post that as soon as you booted up your Lumia 920 there were all the apps you wanted there. My question to you is, did you ever use Windows Phone 7 when it first came out in October 2010? I did. To say there were few apps would be putting it kindly. There was NOTHING for a very long time, and so far in BB10, while it isn't great, it's certainly better than Windows Phone was at the beginning.

Give BB10 two years and see where the app catalog is. WP7/8 has had 2.5 years now and still has a relatively dismal offering. A lot of developers are saying that there just aren't enough users to justify apps. At least in BB10 the Android runtime is built in, so it's ridiculously simple for developers to add their apps to BB World.
    wait, what?

I have to give BB 2 years to come up with apps that are available now for other phones?
    I sure hope not since I certainly won't have the z10 in 2 years....I have a yearly upgrade allowance in my plan so either I'll be back to iPhone 6 (or 6s?) in a year or I'll be buying the newest BB10 phone they come out with.
    02-15-13 11:39 AM
    tl;dr thread.

But i had battery issues with a z10 dropping 40% in two hours.. Called rogers and they explained that some of the first phones shipped with a bug in the software that was causing the battery drain and to backup, wipe and restore. They had a bunch of calls about the same issue and wipe/re-install fixed the issue.

Don't know if this fixed they z10 i have in front of me.. too early to tell.
    02-15-13 01:10 PM
    Half of the windows phone forums were staffed with rages on bugs killing lumia 920 battery life. Please make search. I was checking it when choosing 8x over it. And another half was blowing up with concerns about bad build quality, rattling and so on. Or shall we speak about funny bugs of Ios 6.1 failure to fix it with 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 being rushed in few hours after 6.1.1 showed security breached?

02-15-13 02:32 PM
    Half of the windows phone forums were staffed with rages on bugs killing lumia 920 battery life. Please make search. I was checking it when choosing 8x over it. And another half was blowing up with concerns about bad build quality, rattling and so on. Or shall we speak about funny bugs of Ios 6.1 failure to fix it with 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 being rushed in few hours after 6.1.1 showed security breached?

The minority who has issues will always be the most vocal. People will always complain before they praise. I'd be willing to bet that the flaws that people were griping about actually affected less than two percent of the people who bought the device. The thing about having an issue, you want it resolved. What does someone who has a flawlessly working phone have to say about anything?
    02-15-13 04:29 PM
140 ... 456