Up to $200 Off New Samsung Phones | Blackberry Trade In | T-Mobile

Now it's $200 for anyone with a BlackBerry (must be hardware upgrade eligible) and must use it to buy a Samsung device.

Okay Mr. Chen...counter this left jab with a clear right across the jaw and knock T-Mobile for a clean 10 count for the KO!

BlackBerry Z10 smartphone on Telus
    04-13-14 09:29 AM
    Chen can't do a thing, he cut ties with them. He can pout and make a post on a forum though.

IMO, Chen's handling of the T-Mobile fiasco buried the company. General public consensus is that T-Mobile axed BlackBerry because the devices weren't selling. Stock has been on a steady decline since the announcement. Chen got pissed, took his ball and went home, and nobody cared. Now he's sitting at home with a ball and nobody to use it with.
    millerliteboy likes this.
    04-13-14 09:32 AM
    Chen can't do a thing, he cut ties with them. He can pout and make a post on a forum though.
    I'm curios to see what's his next move because to this date...out of all the CEOs that ran the helm at RIM/BlackBerry, he's been gutsy and has the ballz to actually do something. From what I've seen so far...he's the no BS guy and fights back.

Typo tried to get their iPhone keyboard attachment...Chen / BlackBerry fought back and Typo can no longer sell.

NXP loses its infringement law suit...

Last edited by qphone; 04-13-14 at 10:19 AM.
    04-13-14 09:40 AM
    I'm curios to see what's his next move because to this date...out of all the CEOS that ran the helm at RIM/BlackBerry, he's been gutsy and has the ballz to actually do something. From what I've seen so far...he's the no BS guy and fights back.

BlackBerry isn't selling a damn product. Personally, I own 4 BB10 devices, and I feel like I account for 50 percent of the BB10 devices in western Pennsylvania. He's taking away the ability for the 4th largest (and rapidly growing) mobile provider to sell their devices. Not a smart move. He may be fighting back, but not in the right way.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    04-13-14 09:42 AM
    BlackBerry isn't selling a damn product. Personally, I own 4 BB10 devices, and I feel like I account for 50 percent of the BB10 devices in western Pennsylvania. He's taking away the ability for the 4th largest (and rapidly growing) mobile provider to sell their devices. Not a smart move. He may be fighting back, but not in the right way.
    Perhaps...but I think as the saying goes, "try and cut ties with those who aren't at least on par with you , if they're dragging you down then cut the ties and move on "

That's why he's holding onto those huge enterprise customers and will now take it to the next level. Stabilize those that are the "bread and butter " and from there slowly increase itself.

BlackBerry started in enterprise first and when people saw what was being used...it slowly and unintentionally crossed over to consumers.

Not sure how many enterprise clients T-Mobile has using BlackBerries...but he can do the same and offer those with a campaign to upgrade and switch to another carrier like Verizon/ATT

With that being said...let's see how this pans out.

04-13-14 09:54 AM
    Nothing needs to be done here, this is not one of those peeing contests. They both have a business to run.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-13-14 10:01 AM
    Well, it's time to give the Z30 a discount. Happy Discount Game! May the odds ever be in your favor.

? CB10 ?
    04-13-14 10:03 AM
    Perhaps...but I think as the saying goes, "try and cut ties with those who aren't at least on par with you , if they're dragging you down then cut the ties and move on "

That's why he's holding onto those huge enterprise customers and will now take it to the next level. Stabilize those that are the "bread and butter " and from there slowly increase itself.

BlackBerry started in enterprise first and when people saw what was being used...it slowly and unintentionally crossed over to consumers.

Not sure how many enterprise clients T-Mobile has using BlackBerries...but he can do the same and offer those with a campaign to upgrade and switch to another carrier like Verizon/ATT

With that being said...let's see how this pans out.

1. I've never heard that saying. As a matter of fact, I am sure you just made that up right now.

2. They're hemorrhaging enterprise customers now, as well.

3. That's because they were the only phone with a web browser in town. Now there's countless other options. This scheme will NOT work.

4. I'm not going to switch to Verizon or AT&T because T-Mobile hasn't done anything directly to hurt me. They tried making money, which is what a company does, at BlackBerry's expense. Simply put, BlackBerry didn't do quite enough to sell their own products. Sure, the BB10 devices are great, I love all of mine, but they're not doing enough whatsoever to convince someone to switch from Android or iOS.

This is how it's panning out. Not well.
    04-13-14 10:21 AM

IMO, Chen's handling of the T-Mobile fiasco buried the company. General public consensus is that T-Mobile axed BlackBerry because the devices weren't selling. Stock has been on a steady decline since the announcement. Chen got pissed, took his ball and went home, and nobody cared. Now he's sitting at home with a ball and nobody to use it with.
    Your opinion is appreciated. Your perspective is wrong. T-Mobile seems to be holding all the cards right now.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:32 AM
    Your opinion is appreciated. Your perspective is wrong. T-Mobile seems to be holding all the cards right now.

Posted via CB10
    They are not!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:32 AM
    1. I've never heard that saying. As a matter of fact, I am sure you just made that up right now.

2. They're hemorrhaging enterprise customers now, as well.

3. That's because they were the only phone with a web browser in town. Now there's countless other options. This scheme will NOT work.

4. I'm not going to switch to Verizon or AT&T because T-Mobile hasn't done anything directly to hurt me. They tried making money, which is what a company does, at BlackBerry's expense. Simply put, BlackBerry didn't do quite enough to sell their own products. Sure, the BB10 devices are great, I love all of mine, but they're not doing enough whatsoever to convince someone to switch from Android or iOS.

This is how it's panning out. Not well.
    That saying was from a quote that I heard a few times basically meaning don't hang around people who drag you down.

With regards to bleeding/hemorrhaging enterprise...

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, the largest sheriff's department in the nation, has tested the advanced mobile computing and communication features of BlackBerry 10 and is now deploying BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
    http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...rry-10--b.html

Ita Unibanco, the largest private bank in Latin America, today announced that Ita Unibanco is upgrading its base of more than 7,000 BlackBerry smartphones to BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
    http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...olution-t.html

Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) and Questas have selected BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) as their enterprise mobility solution.
    http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...kberry-10.html

Airbus Group, a global pioneer in Aeronautics, Space and Defense-related Services, has chosen to re-affirm its trust in the security and reliability of the BlackBerry platform by upgrading its entire BlackBerry mobile fleet to BlackBerry 10 smartphones
    http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...artphones.html

Daimler AG, one of the world's leading manufacturers of passenger cars and commercial vehicles, has started to roll-out BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
    http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...tphones-s.html

Odebrecht, a Brazilian organization with global presence with more than 190,000 employees and 41,5 billion dollars in revenues in 2012, announced today that Odebrecht will be purchasing 3,500 BlackBerry 10 smartphones, a mix of BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q5 models during the first year of contract. The company has also decided to deploy the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
    http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...-operatio.html

Just to name a few...

Yes others have email/web browsing but that's why Chen is refocusing back to enterprise that kick started blackberry in the first place. Stabilize the bread and butter, give them first hand look at your latest and greatest and any upcoming devices and/or MDM software applications with all the bells and whistles and take it from there.

As much as I'm extremely more than satisfied with 3 Z10s (Me, Wife and Mother In-Law) and if it came to that they are no longer, then I'll take it from there but till then...it's good to know that at least Chen's being very pro-active instead of being re-active.

Someone talking smack about your company...do something about it. In the meantime, continue on about your new laser focus on what you want to do and how to turn around BlackBerry.

Last edited by qphone; 04-13-14 at 11:21 AM.
    LoneStarRed and imcurved like this.
    04-13-14 10:57 AM
    What's the problem of TMO and they specifically targeting BlackBerry customers

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 11:01 AM
    They have to offer 200$ to the people for changing to a Samsung phone? Be aware Samsung, it's going down...
    04-13-14 11:14 AM
    You all have missed the point here, if there is one. Phones aren't selling these days. Almost every phone is now or soon will be a commodity type purchase. The only exception being a phone that is so dramatically different that is has some cache. I'll wager a bigger screen iPhone would fit here. The 5S does not. Notice, you can preorder 2 Galaxy S5's for the price of one ($200 with contract) on one US carrier. Since I see only price as an issue for a buyer, is a $200 rebate for any reason a bad idea for a carrier? They know BB devices on T MO are older and ready to be upgraded. Why not target them.
    04-13-14 11:14 AM
    04-13-14 11:39 AM