04-13-13 07:33 PM
39 12
tools
    guys did you check the settings ? as far as i know, holding down the volume rockers takes screenshots !
    It does when you press them. Evidently holding them initiates a restart.
    04-13-13 01:41 PM
    Lol i didn't think anyone was being rude.. actually that guys anger made me feel better

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:27 PM
    If you own a playbook you would know about the three button reboot procedure.

Hold power and volume up and down at same time and it will do a hardset.

Same for z10.

Now as for only the volume up and down, weird if it does as it never has for me ever, only a three button as above does.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-13-13 04:00 PM
    Excellent! I would have preferred the top button and one of the rockers but oh well
    04-13-13 04:04 PM
    Ok wait a minute I just tried again, but OP said 5 secs.

But it's about 15 secs if you only hold volume and and down at same time screen shot occurs, but keep holding them down.

I concur this Works like the three button does, but a longer wait for just the two buttons and I can see why as it's the screen shot first.

04-13-13 04:05 PM
    In my 3 years on this Site I've never witnessed this level of rude, and unrealistic logic. You bunch of z-10 fanboy biatches are attacking people for not liking the phone and voicing their opinions of it. The point of the Site is to bring both news and real world reviews. Like I've said before I haven't yet purchased the new z phone because i got burned in the playbook debacle and would much rather wait till the platform matures into something much more pleasant and useful, and the only way to measure that maturity is in unbiased real world reviews. If the platform doesn't survive its the fault of BlackBerry not consumers. We all have a right to purchase what we like even if it's just to fit in with the crowd. So stop attacking people before they starting attacking back, lord knows I wanna punch quite a few of you in the mouth.
    Three years, thirteen posts, and hopefully not all similar in nature.
    ray689 likes this.
    04-13-13 04:17 PM
    If you own a playbook you would know about the three button reboot procedure.

Hold power and volume up and down at same time and it will do a hardset.

Same for z10.

Now as for only the volume up and down, weird if it does as it never has for me ever, only a three button as above does.

I have a Playbook (3yrs almost) and never knew that 3 button trick. Its stable, thats all i know... Ive never had a freeze on on my Playbook or Z10
    04-13-13 04:43 PM
    Does this work if the screen is frozen? Otherwise I would just hold the lock button for 2 seconds and hit "restart"
    04-13-13 04:46 PM
    OMG really? I can't believe there's people complaining about that. You seriously have issues if your holding it soo tight that you end up pressing both those buttons at the same time. Cmon now let's be realistic here

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-13-13 04:49 PM
    OMG really? I can't believe there's people complaining about that. You seriously have issues if your holding it soo tight that you end up pressing both those buttons at the same time. Cmon now let's be realistic here

I think there were reports of this happening with cases being too tight and restarting. Can't remember for sure though :P
    04-13-13 04:53 PM
    This is actually a good feature, I missed this option (Shift\ALT & DEL) from my Bold 9900...
    04-13-13 04:55 PM
    I think there were reports of this happening with cases being too tight and restarting. Can't remember for sure though :P
    Well that's a worthy reason to complain. But not because someone has a death grip on their device lol

04-13-13 05:07 PM
    I have a Playbook (3yrs almost) and never knew that 3 button trick. Its stable, thats all i know... Ive never had a freeze on on my Playbook or Z10
    its needed to do if freezing occurs and if you ever do a debrick os install.

plus I do it every so often to just keep playbook refreshed, maybe every few days or so depends on my usage.

I never had playbook freeze yet.
    04-13-13 05:18 PM
    Does this work if the screen is frozen? Otherwise I would just hold the lock button for 2 seconds and hit "restart"
    It does.
    04-13-13 07:33 PM
39 12