Hold both volume buttons down for 5 seconds... weirdest thing I've seen!!! Or maybe you shouldn't do it...

I found it while taking photos, also explains why it's restarted on me while chatting in landscape. I have big fingers and can't type portrait, won't work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 04-13-13 at 04:35 PM.
    04-13-13 10:48 AM
    Weird i just did that and it just took a screen shot. I did it 3 times waited 10 second and nothing.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:50 AM
    That's a cool trick. Hold down both rockers to RESTART phone. Might take awhile, but worked for me. But might be annoying for some.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:53 AM
    Restarted mine too

Posted via CB10
    srbuhr likes this.
    04-13-13 10:53 AM
    Hold both volume buttons down for 5 seconds... dumbest thing I've seen!!! Or maybe you shouldn't...

I found it while taking photos, also explains why it's restarted on me while chatting in landscape. I have big fingers and can't type portrait, won't work.

Posted via CB10
    Old news - search around here and you will see I posted that weeks ago...and it's by design.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-13-13 10:55 AM
    This feature would've been nice on the old blackberry OS, on a phone that actually needed restarting. Not a solid platform like BB10 and especially not since we have a giant power button on the top

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:59 AM
    This feature would've been nice on the old blackberry OS, on a phone that actually needed restarting. Not a solid platform like BB10 and especially not since we have a giant power button on the top

Posted via CB10
    It is in the old blackberry you just need to hold alt shift and delete key at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:09 AM
    Not seeing what's so bad about this
    04-13-13 11:19 AM
    It's not that bad.. but pointless. I have a tendency to hold the phone in landscape and because of my hand size my index finger covers both rockers. I don't care if I snap a screenshot but I just restarted my phone in the middle of writing a very long email.

Anyways I figured it was dumb when I figured out why I keep restarting my phone all of a sudden. It's probably not an issue for 99% of you with baby fingers. Disregard my anti enthusiasm today. I think I need a sunlight app

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:28 AM
    You shouldn't have a death grip over the rockers

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry zed one zero
    04-13-13 12:27 PM
    Hold both volume buttons down for 5 seconds... dumbest thing I've seen!!! Or maybe you shouldn't...

Posted via CB10
    I don't see why this is an issue. Try landscape with the volume buttons on top. No way your big hand will accidently hold then down for 5 seconds that way.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:31 PM
    You shouldn't have a death grip over the rockers

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry zed one zero
    LOL you're holding it wrong :-p

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-13-13 12:35 PM
    It's unfortunate that you have such large hands, but I have to agree with others, this doesn't seem like a problem.
    04-13-13 12:38 PM
    I would have those digits surgically removed.
    04-13-13 12:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    are you on Verizon? Ah, BOTH rockers. Well, that's like said above, by design (same on the PlayBook, but you need to hold the powerbuttom as well).
    04-13-13 12:41 PM
    Look on the bright side, I have small hands and this phone feels too large and like it's going to fall out of my hands if I ever just hold it with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:42 PM
    It's not that bad.. but pointless. I have a tendency to hold the phone in landscape and because of my hand size my index finger covers both rockers. I don't care if I snap a screenshot but I just restarted my phone in the middle of writing a very long email.

Anyways I figured it was dumb when I figured out why I keep restarting my phone all of a sudden. It's probably not an issue for 99% of you with baby fingers. Disregard my anti enthusiasm today. I think I need a sunlight app

Posted via CB10
    I also need a sunlight app.
    04-13-13 01:14 PM
    How about turning the phone so the buttons are on the opposite side?
    FrankIAm likes this.
    04-13-13 01:17 PM
    In my 3 years on this Site I've never witnessed this level of rude, and unrealistic logic. You bunch of z-10 fanboy biatches are attacking people for not liking the phone and voicing their opinions of it. The point of the Site is to bring both news and real world reviews. Like I've said before I haven't yet purchased the new z phone because i got burned in the playbook debacle and would much rather wait till the platform matures into something much more pleasant and useful, and the only way to measure that maturity is in unbiased real world reviews. If the platform doesn't survive its the fault of BlackBerry not consumers. We all have a right to purchase what we like even if it's just to fit in with the crowd. So stop attacking people before they starting attacking back, lord knows I wanna punch quite a few of you in the mouth.
    04-13-13 01:18 PM
    I thought it was pretty cool. Lol. Never knew this. This thread should be in the tips and help section.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:30 PM
    guys did you check the settings ? as far as i know, holding down the volume rockers takes screenshots !
    04-13-13 01:32 PM
    In my 3 years on this Site I've never witnessed this level of rude, and unrealistic logic. You bunch of z-10 fanboy biatches are attacking people for not liking the phone and voicing their opinions of it. The point of the Site is to bring both news and real world reviews. Like I've said before I haven't yet purchased the new z phone because i got burned in the playbook debacle and would much rather wait till the platform matures into something much more pleasant and useful, and the only way to measure that maturity is in unbiased real world reviews. If the platform doesn't survive its the fault of BlackBerry not consumers. We all have a right to purchase what we like even if it's just to fit in with the crowd. So stop attacking people before they starting attacking back, lord knows I wanna punch quite a few of you in the mouth.
    You seem upset. I don't believe everyone was being rude. And yes holding the phone in landscape with the volume facing up makes it nearly impossible to hold both down for 5 seconds. I'm sorry if logic comes across as rudeness to you but come on...people need to exercise a bit of common sense before complaining.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:35 PM
    PMSL take a chill pill, someone has some rage issues here lol.

Yep just tested this and it does restart the phone, interesting trick to know though but when I tested it, it took a fair few seconds to actually restart.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:36 PM
    I think you're overreacting just a bit.
    04-13-13 01:38 PM
    I think you're overreacting just a bit.
    A bit?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:39 PM
39 12