Originally Posted by canuck_67
    I have used just over 1GB in 4 days - normal usage, no video streaming. Just emails, BBM, and internet - mostly news pages and such.

lol....A Canucks fan and a Habs fan....come on boys keep the gloves on. Lets just agree that the Leafs data plan is the best.
    heheh - just a friendly jab
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-09-13 11:19 AM
    I'm with Bell, actually we have 6 devices on our personal plan (wife, kids and myself) and I don't see how you can blame bell for your increase in data usage.

I'm sure you are doing more with your Z10 than your other device, when you use the browser, are you using the desktop or mobile version setting?
    Your text and airtime plan should be the exactly the same, not sure I understand what Bell is doing to to you.

You wanna talk about crazy bills, get your 14 year old daughter an iPhone and watch Apple rape you through their app store.

Lil sidenote, that same 14 year old daughter has her iPhone for sale on Kijiji, she wants a Z10 I'm so proud of her, my little girl is growing up.
    I dont know - all I know is BBM should be included in the unlimited text, picture, video package that I pay for.
    03-09-13 11:21 AM
    heheh - just a friendly jab
    It okay all we have to do is look at the standings
    And 1gb sounds like a lot I blame Bell.. I'm on Rogers and I use my phone a ton and I barely get over 1gb

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 11:23 AM
    Thanks for all the great advice and tips - I will let all know what Bell Says today - I LOVE BB10 - I LOVE Z10 - I hate the fact that BBM is not included in any part of the 150.00 dollars a month I pay for services - That is all....
    03-09-13 11:23 AM
    I don't know where you guys are getting free wifi...

I'm paying my wifi at home... work is not allowed... and the last time I was getting free wifi is when I bought a coffee from this shop... and it's very slow... it is so slow that I have to order another coffee after reading two emails...

Posted via Z10
    Home wifi comes with pretty much unlimited data even in the cheapest packages. It's not free but there is no extra charge for letting your mobile use it when you are home.

Home wifi is way faster and more secure than your local coffee shop.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    03-09-13 11:24 AM
    Do you have Dropbox or box installed?
    Maybe sync over cellular network is turned on?

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    03-09-13 11:26 AM
    It okay all we have to do is look at the standings
    And 1gb sounds like a lot I blame Bell.. I'm on Rogers and I use my phone a ton and I barely get over 1gb

Posted via CB10
    LMAO - we shall see..... MUHAHAHAHA (canucks rule) I think chicago is gunna embarrass us all.. (off topic)
    03-09-13 11:27 AM
    Do you have Dropbox or box installed?
    Maybe sync over cellular network is turned on?

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    Nope turned that off the first day - wifi only.
    03-09-13 11:27 AM
    Since it was the first month of me having this phone, I've used it pretty heavily - downloaded a bunch of apps, watched YouTube videos, sent lots of emails, and I even downloaded the major update over my carrier network using data vice over WiFi (I haven't even set up WiFi on this phone). My grand total for data usage last month? 713 MB. I'm not sure how you're going through 1GB in four days with little usage over your data connection, given how heavily I've used mine over the data connection and used less than you in a month.

Talk to your carrier, as I seriously doubt this is a problem with the phone.

JB

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and 00stryder like this.
    03-09-13 11:28 AM
    Are you using Push email? Turn that off and set the sync manually.

I went the entire month on my playbook tethering to my mobile and use about 650MB of data browsing websites/facebook/the odd short video/emails (6 accounts from hotmail/gmail).

There is something amiss here, and it doesn't sound like BBM to me. You've made an assumption based on incomplete evidence IMO.
    03-09-13 11:37 AM
    I don't know how anybody can manage 1gb in 4 days, I've been using mine like there's no tomorrow for 9 days since the billing date, I even downloaded podcasts. 640mb used so far. I have 3 emails set to push and to sync every 15 minutes.

To clarify, my package rolls on the 1st every month but I get my bill on the 5th.

High data usage-img_00000473.png
    anon(2757538) likes this.
    03-09-13 11:45 AM
    I don't know where you guys are getting free wifi...

I'm paying my wifi at home... work is not allowed... and the last time I was getting free wifi is when I bought a coffee from this shop... and it's very slow... it is so slow that I have to order another coffee after reading two emails...

Posted via Z10
    Timmy's? Starbucks?

I get "free" Wifi from Shaw's exo Wifi. There are quite a number of locations, surprisingly. I only have to register my device once and where ever there's Shaw Wifi it connects automatically. I am allowed up to ten devices I believe. It eats my home bandwidth, but I've got a ton.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 12:04 PM
    update - phone wipe - dont load any apps and use the phone and detail all usage. nice - Bell insists that something is pulling data. I am going to delete all non Z10 Apps and see what happens - I will wipe as a last resort. Here's hoping.
    03-09-13 12:18 PM
    BBM messages (unless sending an attachment) use such a small amount of data. Not enough for one to go over their limit.

Unless using a 500mb plan. But even that would be fine. I have 1GB and only use 400mb.

As for the thread title, BB10 success doesn't have anything to do with your stubbornness and not buying enough data.
    I have an old 500 MB plan. Gets me through the month Ko problem. Granted I'm on wifi usually.

I don't stream music or videos over cellular. Just reading news, email, BBM, twitter etc

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 12:33 PM
    I have used just over 1GB in 4 days - normal usage, no video streaming. Just emails, BBM, and internet - mostly news pages and such.
    I have used WhatsApp which never came with data compression. I used it for months and the total data usage came up to less than 50 MB. After using it hard for about 8-9 months.
    There is no way BBM messages are using up 4GB unless you're sending each other videos of you BBMing each other, in HD.

The other possibility is you sideloaded an Android app which is having it's dastardly way with you. As everyone who uses this forum knows, loading an Android app will lead to you losing your wife and home, all your money, and your favourite sports team will lose, repeatedly. Bloody Android apps
    00stryder and Canuck671 like this.
    03-09-13 12:44 PM
    I have used WhatsApp which never came with data compression. I used it for months and the total data usage came up to less than 50 MB. After using it hard for about 8-9 months.
    There is no way BBM messages are using up 4GB unless you're sending each other videos of you BBMing each other, in HD.

The other possibility is you sideloaded an Android app which is having it's dastardly way with you. As everyone who uses this forum knows, loading an Android app will lead to you losing your wife and home, all your money, and your favourite sports team will lose, repeatedly. Bloody Android apps

Thanks - just wiped all the apps - going forward with the task manager app - we shall see........maybe I was a bit too harsh about BBM - I was spoiled using my torch - ahh the good old days "when potatoes cost a nickel"
    03-09-13 12:46 PM
    Okey, I am sure OP is just trolling now. A smart one I must say, to make it believable for so many people, but whatever OP is claiming just can't be true..

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 12:50 PM
    I have a 5GB plan - shouldn't be using data for BBM. Thats the point of the thread - if BBM isn't included as PART of a Blackberry phone - then IMHO Blackberry is going to lose a unique feature. Using 1 GB in 4 days is complete BS. I don't use any services other than BBM, Text and email. Very little internet - mostly news - no push - no auto updates, No Box downloads on data - pretty much using it as a feature phone.
    Its my understanding that BBM has always been used over a data connection, either network or wifi. I cant imagine BBM messages using 1GB of data in an entire month, let alone 4 days...
    03-09-13 01:13 PM
    Okey, I am sure OP is just trolling now. A smart one I must say, to make it believable for so many people, but whatever OP is claiming just can't be true..

Posted via CB10
    If u could see my usage graphics it would change your mind. Bell has told me that something is taking data. I based my assumption on BBM due to the times that the data usage occurred. I can see the time stamps on the messages ect. Now what I realize is that while I did pay for BBM on os 6. It never had a bandwidth limitation. I will have to stop sharing files and such on BBM and use my unlimited text package instead. I was very spoiled with os6. Data sticker shock I guess. BTW I don't troll.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    03-09-13 01:40 PM
    Its my understanding that BBM has always been used over a data connection, either network or wifi. I cant imagine BBM messages using 1GB of data in an entire month, let alone 4 days...
    See previous post
    03-09-13 01:43 PM
    Connected to WIFI maybe i HIGHLY doubt just using 4G! I call BS on this one. I am a heavy user and don't even hit 2GB on the 4G network!
    03-09-13 01:55 PM
    I am disappointed to learn that we are losing data compression with BlackBerry 10 though....I've gotten used to taking advantage of this with the data sharing plans. I suppose its the carrier's way of taking away consumer's ability to save money on data. So, if it is because of the carriers that we lose data compression, that to me is a money grab by carriers.
    akavbb and jimmyt1 like this.
    03-09-13 02:02 PM
    BBM should be small enough - text only will a most be in the KB range.

However I too have noticed an increase in my data usage with the Z10 from around 600MB to close to 1GB 900 something MB in the first month of having my Z10.
    Then I also use wife more with my Z10 than I did with my bold... Let's see.

But BBM should not use a lot of data.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:56 PM
    I think the thing is too, is that more people are using their Z10 a lot more than older BlackBerry because it's way better

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 03:00 PM
    I found I used a lot of data with the initial phone setup. I believe it was due to syncing a number of email accounts 30 days back. Since then, my usage, while still significant, is nowhere near what it was in the first few days.
    03-09-13 03:07 PM
117 1234 ...