Again just switched to a z10 , I'm used to hiding my picture files and certain apps . Trying to figure out how to make things disappear to the naked eye / non blackberry user , part of having my bb bold was the way I could hide things without having to lock my phone ........ Guys I need your help , it looks worse if I just now decided to " lock " my phone
    03-30-13 01:00 AM
    you will need to get a third party app for that (the option is not built in as it was in previous legacy OS BB's). You can also put the files in a folder and zip it if you don't want to get a third party app!
    03-30-13 01:02 AM
    Unfortunately you can not hide apps or pictures. You can only folder your apps and use a hide photos app for pictures. I'm hoping there's an update to address this in the future.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:03 AM
    Yea man - security was a big reason why I stuck with bb - don't get me wrong I love my z10 but just wish a couple of "gimmicks" would have been kept - what do you suggest as a file hider
    03-30-13 01:07 AM
    Yea man - security was a big reason why I stuck with bb - don't get me wrong I love my z10 but just wish a couple of "gimmicks" would have been kept - what do you suggest as a file hider
    Don't know about hiding apps but after playing around with some settings I found that if I move private pictures into a folder I can move the folder to a location on the device that's hidden - all using file manager.

Say I call the folder "Private". I then move all images into that folder. If I then move that entire folder via file manager into the music folder the pics stay hidden. I tried other folders in the device but the music one is the one folder that worked for me.

When I play music the pictures don't show. And when I view pictures, the "Private" folder isn't displayed either.

Not the best work around I'm sure, but it's the only solution I've found to keep that stuff hidden. Especially with so many people wanting to see the device and check it out.

The only way to actually see the folder would be to open file manager and browse to the music directory and open the "Private" folder. I named it something else to keep it even less obvious.

Hopefully rim comes up with a solution for this going forward

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-30-13 01:36 AM
    saw an article that recommended the app "hide my pictures" It's a password protected app!
    03-30-13 01:45 AM
    Ok just spent 2 bucks on hide my pictures, saved everything under a password protected app, app works great, then hid the app into another folder with all my bs apps that I don't use that came with the phone people who go threw phones either go straight to the camera or media/ photo I call it slight of hand

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 02:13 AM
    Ok just spent 2 bucks on hide my pictures, saved everything under a password protected app, app works great, then hid the app into another folder with all my bs apps that I don't use that came with the phone people who go threw phones either go straight to the camera or media/ photo I call it slight of hand

Posted via CB10
    Was gonna say hide my pictures lol, and as another side the file manger works but it's a process.(he detailed it up there), you can also zip files on the z10, so you can always zip a file to hide whatever in it.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 02:50 AM
    Can you hide multiple pictures at once with hide my pictures?

James

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:54 AM