Can someone please tell me if there is a way to hide folders/icons (specific photo albums) on the bbz10?!?!?! My god please tell me there is a way!
    02-05-13 03:10 PM
    within the pictures app or on the 'desktop' of the z10?
    02-05-13 03:11 PM
    ? sorry i dont fully understand...coule you be a little more descriptive?
    within the pictures app or on the 'desktop' of the z10?
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-05-13 03:16 PM
    you say hide specific photo albums? what do you mean by that?
    02-05-13 03:18 PM
    I just dumped all my 'unwanted' apps into a folder called hidden which isn't really hidden, but long story short we are unable to hide icons as of yet.

I consolidated everything onto one 'desktop' or one 'screen of apps' and then you could even toss the hidden folder onto 'desktop' #2

Let me know if you need more help
    02-05-13 03:19 PM
    when you go into pictures theres "albums"...i had a stash (lol) of hidden photos under title "telus" that were hidden on my bold. when I converted all my info/sd chip over it was there! and the album icons are LARGE. so very noticable. hope this helps.
    you say hide specific photo albums? what do you mean by that?
    02-05-13 03:21 PM
    i feel like a dummy but not totally following. so you created a new folder and moved it all there? how did you do that? could you walk me through it?
    I just dumped all my 'unwanted' apps into a folder called hidden which isn't really hidden, but long story short we are unable to hide icons as of yet.

I consolidated everything onto one 'desktop' or one 'screen of apps' and then you could even toss the hidden folder onto 'desktop' #2

02-05-13 03:22 PM

That's kinda what I'm doing too. I have my screens set with page 1 with 1 app icon on it (so its my 'home' screen that I can see my background on), then page 2 has apps I use a lot and a few web links, page 3 has utilities that are useful but not frequent, and then I have a folder on page 4 that is full of crap I don't particularly need to use.
    02-05-13 03:23 PM
    i feel like a dummy but not totally following. so you created a new folder and moved it all there? how did you do that? could you walk me through it?
    To make a folder, long press on an icon until they begin to blink, then drag one icon onto another icon, and it will make a folder with those two icons in it.

To move stuff, long press an icon until they blink, then drag it to the edge of the screen and it'll scroll to the next page, and the next. You can leave the folder on its own page at the end, or on your last page, or wherever you like.
    02-05-13 03:25 PM
    I know how to do that. I was hoping there was a way to actually hide it though like previous berrys. Hide and then show all so they were not visable to people checking out the phone
    To make a folder, long press on an icon until they begin to blink, then drag one icon onto another icon, and it will make a folder with those two icons in it.

To move stuff, long press an icon until they blink, then drag it to the edge of the screen and it'll scroll to the next page, and the next. You can leave the folder on its own page at the end, or on your last page, or wherever you like.
    02-05-13 03:33 PM
    Can someone please tell me if there is a way to hide folders/icons (specific photo albums) on the bbz10?!?!?! My god please tell me there is a way!
    EDIT: sorry I haven't understood that you are speaking about icons on the home

If you want to hide files or folders in your documents, photos, videos, downloads... folders it's impossible.

These folders are public / shared between all the applications.

If an application wants really to hide a document, it has to move the file in its private area... but if you uninstall the application you lose your document.

Nicolas
    Last edited by nicklas79; 02-05-13 at 03:55 PM.
    02-05-13 03:41 PM
    I know how to do that. I was hoping there was a way to actually hide it though like previous berrys. Hide and then show all so they were not visable to people checking out the phone
    No, you can't actually hide things, but you can make them so close to hidden that it doesn't matter. You can drag them along and make a new page right at the end which has all the stuff you don't want to look at on, then you just don't go and look at that page.
    02-05-13 03:44 PM
    wow even in the file manager under properties I would expect you to be allowed to 'hidden' a JPEG.

well that not really cool I dont understand the thinking behind that one :/
    02-05-13 04:06 PM
    Okay heres an idea, the albums app only takes the folders within camera and pictures and displays those,

try moving your secret folder using filemanager to lets say BB/SD CARD/telus or private
    02-05-13 04:07 PM
    Nope that doesnt work either, it scans the entire card for pictures.. fail. I will keep looking into this.
    02-05-13 04:13 PM
    We should somehow collaborate all the features needed for the next update. because all these little quarks are kind of getting to people.

I see it in the forums. Where sure theres an app for that slogan works in other OS's not in ours at the moment and they need to fix these little things naively.

Forums dont work because people will post a topic and they wont stay on topic. Maybe start submitting tickets to RIM, or start some sort of bug tracker? Anyone with me?
    akia garland likes this.
    02-05-13 04:20 PM
    Thats what im saying!
    wow even in the file manager under properties I would expect you to be allowed to 'hidden' a JPEG.

well that not really cool I dont understand the thinking behind that one :/
    02-05-13 04:25 PM
    That would be awesome! Do you know how to use the bb balance thing that they wee hyping? Switching between work and personal etc
    We should somehow collaborate all the features needed for the next update. because all these little quarks are kind of getting to people.

I see it in the forums. Where sure theres an app for that slogan works in other OS's not in ours at the moment and they need to fix these little things naively.

Forums dont work because people will post a topic and they wont stay on topic. Maybe start submitting tickets to RIM, or start some sort of bug tracker? Anyone with me?
    02-05-13 04:27 PM
    Im sorry man, another simple task in BB7 that is AWOL in BB10. They are just testing for what people needed and didn't.

Point now is to show them it was required. I really think there should be a bugs.crackberry.com

It's an amazing idea if you think about it because people would post their bugs we could even vote up certain ones etc. and then Kev would just send the link to the BB10 dev's so they know what the firstwave of BB10 buyers are missing.
    02-05-13 04:27 PM
    I agree man
    Im sorry man, another simple task in BB7 that is AWOL in BB10. They are just testing for what people needed and didn't.

Point now is to show them it was required. I really think there should be a bugs.crackberry.com

It's an amazing idea if you think about it because people would post their bugs we could even vote up certain ones etc. and then Kev would just send the link to the BB10 dev's so they know what the firstwave of BB10 buyers are missing.
    02-05-13 05:00 PM
    There is a free app in bb app world called RsHideFile, it does the job and even has a password lock
    02-05-13 05:40 PM
    Haven't tried it yet but you can crate a hidden folder on your sd card and move what you want there via pc not sure if it will work though

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-05-13 05:47 PM
    Thank u all for the help!!!!
    02-05-13 08:45 PM
    Most definitely this needs fixing. No way to do in Pictures/albums sections no file manage!
    02-07-13 12:04 PM
    I agree!!! What happened to hidden files / icons.
    04-30-13 09:36 PM
32 12