Not sure what happened today - I was doing the usual christmas shopping stuff, popped in to Carephone Warehouse, played with Z10 for few minutes, loved it - and half an hour later I left home with new Z10 in my pocket Couldn't resist it - 170ish for this phone is in my opinion a bloody steal. Love it so far.
    One question - someone posted somewhere collection of links for all BB10/Z10 newbies and I cannot find it. Can someone point me in a right direction please

D
    Elite1, GS51, alan510 and 2 others like this.
    11-30-13 12:21 PM
    Hi. Hello. Good evening to yourself as well. Enjoy your new Z10.

Here is a good place to start.

BB10 Tips, How To & FAQ - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry Z10 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Or did you mean this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/introductions-f34/

Welcome to CrackBerry Forums.
    rango10 and Elite1 like this.
    11-30-13 01:00 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

And I love your username!

Remember to download the free and great CB10 app from BlackBerry World.
    11-30-13 01:26 PM
    Hi. Hello. Good evening to yourself as well. Enjoy your new Z10.

Here is a good place to start...

Welcome to CrackBerry Forums.
    You look smarter already, Eddy!

Congrats on hitting the Genius status with your Post #1,500!
    eddy_berry likes this.
    11-30-13 01:30 PM
    Not sure what happened today - I was doing the usual christmas shopping stuff, popped in to Carephone Warehouse, played with Z10 for few minutes, loved it - and half an hour later I left home with new Z10 in my pocket Couldn't resist it - 170ish for this phone is in my opinion a bloody steal. Love it so far.
    One question - someone posted somewhere collection of links for all BB10/Z10 newbies and I cannot find it. Can someone point me in a right direction please

D
    Welcome to Crackberry. Come back and visit longer.
    11-30-13 01:47 PM
    Thanks guys and damn I love Z10 - except for the facebook not updating Hub which is a bit frustrating. It worked in the morning and then it stopped. Weird. But judging by the number of topics regarding this issue Im not alone
    11-30-13 02:21 PM
    Update, update, update.

You need at least a 10.2 OS for most bugs to be eradicated.

Welcome to the club.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:58 PM
    Im on 10.2.0.424 which is the latest official build? Ill try deleting fbook app, restart and downloading it again. Maybe it will help. Unless its some weird setting somewhere which I missed although Im not sure what it could be.
    11-30-13 03:59 PM
    Connected Z10 to the BBLink and it asked me to update to 10.2.0.424. Weird but why the hell no. we will see if this will help
    11-30-13 04:08 PM
    nah. few facebook msg from July appeared but nothing else. weird. Time to uninstall facebook.

EDIT: after reinstall Im getting fbook msgs just fine but hub doesnt display any other fbook activity. Oh well...

EDIT: BB Link keeps showing software update available altho it shouldnt. Is it a known bug? Or do I need to do the wipe and start again?
    Last edited by morbidflorist; 11-30-13 at 05:20 PM.
    11-30-13 04:22 PM
    Welcome!

Enjoy your Z10, you've grabbed yourself a bargain! (I did the same as you 3 weeks ago!).

The Z10 is like nothing you've ever experienced before, have fun and welcome to the Z10 owners club!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 05:29 PM
    nah. few facebook msg from July appeared but nothing else. weird. Time to uninstall facebook.

EDIT: after reinstall Im getting fbook msgs just fine but hub doesnt display any other fbook activity. Oh well...

EDIT: BB Link keeps showing software update available altho it shouldnt. Is it a known bug? Or do I need to do the wipe and start again?
    BlackBerry Link is flakey. I don't personally ever use it. I backup and restore with Sachesi.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1055, STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    11-30-13 05:31 PM
    BlackBerry Link is flakey. I don't personally ever use it. I backup and restore with Sachesi.
    sweet - downloading right now.
    11-30-13 06:49 PM
    sweet - downloading right now.
    Welcome! And enjoy your new Z10....i can say that it has been a few months with mine and I LOVE IT

The ALMIGHTY POWERFUL mobile OS STL100-4 10.2.1.1055
    11-30-13 07:39 PM
    Its a great little phone isnt it. I really like it a lot - except the facebook notifications hub delay which I cant resolve so I guess I will simply accept it as it is
    12-01-13 05:02 AM
    I think you should listen to the phone and go for the update that you just received! Even though it is the same! That's what I did as even I got 10.1.9.4184 update twice! Or you can just download the latest 10.2.1.1055 leak! Try restarting your phone and see if Facebook works!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:23 AM
    its a weird one as my phone tells me that Im up to date and its only BB Link which is asking for the update.
    12-01-13 11:28 AM
    Update BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:19 PM
    Hi and Hello and Good Evening-screen-shot-2013-12-02-12.55.56-am.png

EDIT: Attached screenshot sourced directly from BB10 launch video. This shows exactly what I mean. I don't see how getting two separate notifications for just one thing is a) battery efficient, b) relieves stress, or c) resolves the end user experience.

Hmm you're getting exactly what I want to happen on my z10. On BlackBerry I get two notifications in the hub one email from FB in the mailbox that I have registered with it, and I get a FB app notification under FB for the same event by FB. On iOS I don't get either just the badge in FB so it's not a setting on the FB service itself. Very annoying curious if anyone has figured this out?

PS: I have Hub NOT to pull FB within it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Supa_Fly1; 12-02-13 at 12:33 AM.
    12-01-13 10:52 PM
    Congrats and welcome!

Not sure if I missed it but what phone did you come from?

+1 on FB notifications, the delay used to annoy me but now I very rarely use FB. I get tired of reading how great other peoples' lives are lol.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-01-13 11:03 PM
    Thanks guys Oh - Im coming from BB Curve - and its a massive step up from os7. I did play with Android and Apple devices but BB10 is a clear winner for me. Im much more focused and productive when using it. Its not distracting me.

Slightly different question - idle apps. I can see that some apps I was using earlier are sitting as Idle although there were closed on the "main" screen (apps like picture viewer or facebook) - is that normal?
    12-02-13 08:55 AM

Welcome to BB and CB!

Because you just set everything up, it can take a day or two for all your accounts to sync and "settle," so be patient for a few days (you should see improvement once all syncing is complete and the updated OS is settled as well.

I occasionally get the missed FB notification, but most get through just fine (once settled... I notice a lag more when I've just updated the OS).

If you deleted any of the "stock" apps (like the tutorial, foursquare, etc), you'll keep getting an OS update available message (usually, it's a small update... the actual OS updates are hundreds of MB in size). So, for those stock apps, unless BB brings back a way to hide apps, you can always create a junk folder and dump them in there.
    (I have, on one of my phones, also occasionally gotten a "new OS available" update on the PC on Link, but this was when there was a newer version of Link I hadn't yet updated to at the time).
    12-02-13 11:24 AM
    Hi, what hasn't been mentioned is that the OS can take up to 2 days to settle and run smoothly. If you choose to install a leak, update, or perform a security wipe then be prepared for a few bugs until it settles. Don?t panic and start wiping / reloading OS etc.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 12:26 PM
    Awesome - I certainly deleted few "stock" apps so that would explain the software update.

With every day of using it Im more and more impressed - how on earth BB10 is not being appreciated properly is beyond me.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    12-02-13 12:37 PM
    Awesome - I certainly deleted few "stock" apps so that would explain the software update.

With every day of using it Im more and more impressed - how on earth BB10 is not being appreciated properly is beyond me.
    I didn't know much about the capabilities of BB10 until 2 months ago when I wanted to buy a new phone. Blame it on the poor marketing. Now that I have gotten used to the hub, gestures and all other features, I don't think i can jump to another smartphone platform.
    12-02-13 12:47 PM
32 12