Just ordered my Z10 from Ebay and it should be here early next week. I am so excited!! I am an Android addict but decided to experiment with BB10 for a while.
    As most of you here, my phone is interconnected with my life in almost every step, so there are some functions that I need and some that are good to have.
    My "need" list is:
    1) good call quality (I know it depends on signal and stuff). I am very happy with my S2 so far
    2) fast reliable GPS and reliable navigation
    3) good multitasking, meaning minimal lag when running more than 4 "heavy" apps.

From what I ve read so far in this forum, my Z10 experience is probably going to be as good or better than my aging S2. For all Android users, are you happy with your Z10 as your daily driver?

Now an irritating question. How do the .apk behave with the new BB10.2?
    Has anyone succeeded to make a direct deposit with the Bank of America app?

Thank you all in advance!
    02-13-14 11:42 AM
    Congratulation on your Z10! Great device. Have a Z10, Z30 and Q10 (work) all are wonderful. Using the Z30 as my daily driver. I am very satisfied with my Z10, just had to have the Z30. All my apps work great. Can't answer about Bank of Am. don't use them.
    sakisZ10 likes this.
    02-13-14 11:46 AM
    You can't compare S2 with Z10 huh.. You can compare S3 with Z10, but if big screen is not "must have" for you..
    BB Z10 is better choice.

In my opinion, Z10 is really good phone and I have to say that I love my Z10.
    1. Call quality (depends from your carrier)
    2. I don't use nav. so, somebody will give answer here

3. You can have multitasking up to 8 apps.

I had 7 apps in multitasking like Facebook,Twitter,iGrann,Browser,CB10,Tapatalk and File Menager
    with all that apps in background I started with recording video (1080p) without absolutely any kind of lagg.

I think thats enough for one mobile with this price.

CONs Battery and lack of apps (compared to android, yes we have 1mobile market but apps are not working like on Android) for now.

But Blackberry is moving pretty good.. so maybe we will lose this CONs with next OS/update, who knows..

Welcome to Crackberry and Blackberry family!
    sakisZ10 likes this.
    02-13-14 11:51 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

For the most part I've had good luck with the apk files I've installed. Odd exception here or there with some games. I think my wife was struggling with Groupon.
    For anything that depends on Google services, you need to go through some steps to make this work, then you're good after that. Most apps don't need it though.

I've very much enjoyed by BB10 experience. I'm sure you'll like your Z10 too!

Remember to search the Forums and blogs for info & answers. And don't be afraid to jump into the discussions in some threads. See you in the Forums!
    sakisZ10 likes this.
    02-13-14 11:52 AM
    Welcome to the dark-side! Please enjoy your stay (it'll be awhile!)
    02-13-14 12:11 PM
    Just ordered my Z10 from Ebay and it should be here early next week. I am so excited!! I am an Android addict but decided to experiment with BB10 for a while.
    As most of you here, my phone is interconnected with my life in almost every step, so there are some functions that I need and some that are good to have.
    My "need" list is:
    1) good call quality (I know it depends on signal and stuff). I am very happy with my S2 so far
    2) fast reliable GPS and reliable navigation
    3) good multitasking, meaning minimal lag when running more than 4 "heavy" apps.

From what I ve read so far in this forum, my Z10 experience is probably going to be as good or better than my aging S2. For all Android users, are you happy with your Z10 as your daily driver?

Now an irritating question. How do the .apk behave with the new BB10.2?
    Has anyone succeeded to make a direct deposit with the Bank of America app?

Thank you all in advance!
    Welcome to crackberry!!!!!!!!!
    sakisZ10 likes this.
    02-13-14 12:45 PM
    Thank you so much everyone! Now I am even more excited!

@FGeR and to everyone that have some issues with .apk
    What kind of issues are those? Lags? log in fails? crashes? Battery draining?

One more question: Does anyone of you uses a 64GB SD card? Any problems? what do you recommend?

Thanks again! Amazing community!
    02-13-14 01:15 PM
    I'm uncomfortable with android, I was a windows phone user since 3 years. Last week I got one for me.
    And the experience has been amazing, the phone is blazing fast.

Most imp the camera is surprisingly good.
    You for some like it

Posted via CB10
    sakisZ10 likes this.
    02-13-14 01:50 PM
    Welcome. I use a 64gb card on my Z10 with no problems. I did format the card first.

Posted via CB10
    sakisZ10 likes this.
    02-13-14 02:00 PM
    Welcome. I use a 64gb card on my Z10 with no problems. I did format the card first.

Posted via CB10
    do you remember which brand/model you got? class and so on?
    Where did you format it? in your phone or the computer?

Thanks again!
    02-13-14 02:40 PM
    I have several handsets and have Samsung s2 Gt1900i and am running RR remix 4.4.2 rom and have a z10. Indeed there is a difference but I have never been so happy with my Z10 and the unique way BB10 interfaces and less clutter than the S2. It some adjustment coming from Android but you will see after a while you will love the way you find your email and social integration is so easy and don't have to run open like when using an android device and using memory and ram. I have loaded many android apps and they work fine, however apps like gmail you cant run as it is integrated into android framework. The only apps I found to work (with google login and google services apk) are blogger, google maps and google earth. Other apps that are dependant on google services and google login just don't work. To answer your question the android apps behave the same and run smooth.
    You will just have to load them by trial and error, remember I said not all android apps run on BB10. I hope this helps
    BoldWorld and sakisZ10 like this.
    02-13-14 02:51 PM
    Thank you so much everyone! Now I am even more excited!

@FGeR and to everyone that have some issues with .apk
    What kind of issues are those? Lags? log in fails? crashes? Battery draining?

One more question: Does anyone of you uses a 64GB SD card? Any problems? what do you recommend?

Thanks again! Amazing community!
    Battery draining and slow response/lag(like one important app Viber), sometimes some .apk crashes..

But again, some .apks works fine.
    sakisZ10 likes this.
    02-13-14 02:57 PM
    Congratulations !!! Welcome to the family of thinkers, shakers, enthusiasts and the elite world of the most cracklious people of the planet. Come on in and have a seat....on your way in, Can you close the door. There maybe some android and apple people listening.

Z10 STL100-3 >>>>>>>>Leaks 1055, 1259, 1925
    ZedMacahan and Carmels like this.
    02-13-14 03:01 PM
    Welcome! 1&3 are definitely covered. Nothing beats Google maps right now in terms of navigation and map, on your Z10 you Google maps experience will be less than your S2 because you won't be able to login to your Google account. But yes you will be able to have fast GPS lock, search, full navigation support, voice guidance, etc. You won't be able to add or use favorite places, that 's pretty much the only feature I miss having for Google maps.

To really enjoy your Z10, suggest to get the latest OS update first, and ask lots of questions here.

Have fun!

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    02-13-14 03:02 PM
    Welcome! Z10 is just a beautiful phone and with a great OS!
    I use the 64gb memory card without any problems. Perfect for a lot of music and for photos and videos

? posted via my Z10
    02-13-14 03:30 PM
    Thank you guys! such a warm welcome! Thank you for all your advices!

@aha, thank you for the gmaps explanation, I think I can live without the log in services, but what about the voice service? i.e. does it use the google voice or the native BB one? is there one better than the other? (concerning clarity)

@Mark Farrell Thanks for your insight I really appreciate it. I have the i777 version and running the amazing ShoStock, best ROM on a phone I ve ever experienced.

OK one more question... I am going to be on the AT&T network and I am not expecting any updates from them, so, what is the most stable current leak available?

OK one more I hope the last one for today. For the people on AT&T, and with the old "unlimited" data plan, do you have any problems using the Z10 as a hotspot? I mean tethering without getting caught? Do you have any advice?
    02-13-14 03:31 PM
    Oh, and BlackBerry also has nice OEM holsters. Check ebay or the crackberry store :-)
    Protects and help to save battery

? posted via my Z10
    02-13-14 03:33 PM
    do you remember which brand/model you got? class and so on?
    Where did you format it? in your phone or the computer?

Thanks again!
    I'm using a Samsung I think. Just insert into the device. It will prompt you to format directly on the device if it is not compatible out of the box. Just make sure it's empty.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 03:33 PM
    Welcome and enjoy your stay!!!
    02-13-14 03:51 PM
    I got the SanDisk Ultra 64gb new and formatted in the Z10. Do that before copying anything on it.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:35 PM
    Welcome to BlackBerry and especially to Crackberry. It's a great place to learn and ask questions about your new device.

I won't go into detail why I really like the Z10. You will have to get a sense of well it works for you. You ask about the voice quality with turn by turn navigation. I find it works very well. The instructions are clear and very, very helpful. Don't think you can go wrong with it.
    02-13-14 07:45 PM
    @aha, thank you for the gmaps explanation, I think I can live without the log in services, but what about the voice service? i.e. does it use the google voice or the native BB one? is there one better than the other? (concerning clarity)
    If you were asking about the turn by turn voice guidance of Google Maps, then it's the same experience you would get from an Android phone. Personally I think the voice is a little robotic and can not compare with the voice guidance function in BlackBerry maps. But the strength of Google Maps is the massive POI data base, the faster map update, and telling you the destination is on the left or on the right in the end, etc., which makes Google Maps still my favorite map app.

If you were asking about Siri like voice recognition app, then you are out of luck. There are two voice assistance apps on bb10 but not as good as Google Voice.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    02-13-14 09:16 PM
    Others are right as far as call quality and who your carrier is. I have also found that the call quality between bb10 devices is over the top.

As far as multi tasking goes BB10 does it exceptionally well!

Oh ya...wait until that keyboard learns your particular style of writing. the keyboard experience is phenomenal.

Enjoy your Z

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-13-14 09:35 PM
    Oh, and BlackBerry also has nice OEM holsters. Check ebay or the crackberry store :-)
    Protects and help to save battery

? posted via my Z10
    Thanks Ruben for your suggestion! I am not a holster kind of guy, although the leather one looks really cool, but can anyone explain me how a holster can save battery?

Thanks everybody that answered my annoy-droid questions, it seems like the bad coded apps have issues in any ecosystem.

@aha, Thanks! and yes I was referring to the Gvoice navigation. I dont mind if it s robotic or not, as long as it is loud and clear.
    @Boldworld, thanks for your suggestion!

For some reason I lost my "Thanks" button I am not sure what s going on.

I am coping and pasting my last two questions from my previews post just in case someone knows or can answer them. Thank you all in advance!

"OK one more question... I am going to be on the AT&T network and I am not expecting any updates from them, so, what is the most stable current leak available?

OK one more I hope the last one for today. For the people on AT&T, and with the old "unlimited" data plan, do you have any problems using the Z10 as a hotspot? I mean tethering without getting caught? Do you have any advice? "
    02-14-14 08:53 AM
    It saves battery because of the battery in the holster. It automatically locks you're BlackBerry ;-)

? posted via my Z10
    02-14-14 10:20 AM
30 12