It saves battery because of the battery in the holster. It automatically locks you're BlackBerry ;-)

? posted via my Z10
    Thanks ruben! I am sorry for the question again, so to understand, the Z10 does not lock automatically if I dont put it in a holster? Lets say after the end of a phone call?
    02-14-14 10:29 AM
    it will lock with out the holster depending on your settings. the only difference is if you put it in the holster right away it will lock right away. you can mitigate the battery usage by changing the screen timeout to a lower amount of time. It can be anywhere between 10sec to 5 min
    02-14-14 10:47 AM
    it will lock with out the holster depending on your settings. the only difference is if you put it in the holster right away it will lock right away. you can mitigate the battery usage by changing the screen timeout to a lower amount of time. It can be anywhere between 10sec to 5 min
    Thank you Franky! I apologize I am so impatient with my questions. My Z10 will be here on Tuesday so that will calm me down a bit.
    Does it lock manually like when pushing the power button?
    02-14-14 10:52 AM
    I got the SanDisk Ultra 64gb new and formatted in the Z10. Do that before copying anything on it.

Posted via CB10
    Same. I got the SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class10 on sale. Supper fast to load all types of media you save to it.

OP, welcome and enjoy the phone. Get it up and running and learn the OS well. For someone who's never used a BB10 device, the first week or two may be irritating but stick with it. Eventually you'll love everything about how BB10 runs and all other devices will seem and feel obsolete.

I'm running 10.2.1 here in Canada on Bell Mobility. We have LTE services so call quality is usually HD to others.

In terms of location based services/GPS, I've been using BlackBerry Maps and haven't had an issue yet.

APK's are loading up fine, I have Instagram, Netflix, Shazam, Kijiji and more all working. Only app I've had issues with has been Groupon.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 10:56 AM
    Thanks Carmels, I really appreciate your input. It seems like SanDisk class 10 is the way to go.

I like Gmaps/Navigation, I am very comfortable and is 99% accurate. I need navigation almost daily because I travel a lot, but I cant wait to give BB maps a test drive.

Netflix, Youtube are two of my favorite media apps so I will be really happy if they work well.

I am concerned about the hotspot functionality though
    02-14-14 11:05 AM
30 12