Literally woke up on Friday morning to a bricked phone. The night before everything seemed fine. Before going to sleep z10 was in "phone calls only" mode. Friday morning I wake up to just the led blinking.

Let me cut to the current issue. (Please note that I am no techie)
    Attempts to reload os via BBLink, internet explorer or an autoloader have been unsuccessful. It appears that the phone struggles to maintain a usb connection (imho).
    Case in point: While in command prompt for autoloader it says, "Connecting to Bootrom". I then connect my led blinking phone (as per my understanding of the correct procedure). After a few moments computer indicates to me that "USB device not recognized" & I also note that there is no change in command prompt. But, after holding down the phone's power button for about 10 secs, 3 things happen: 1. The led stops blinking, 2. The computer makes a sound like it recognizes a usb connection (or that it recognizes that something has changed) and 3. The command prompt now asks for, "Enter password <10 left>". I then enter the only password that has ever been associated with this phone and.......nothing happens....except that the led starts blinking its recurring pattern again.
    And now I'm back to where I started.

I'm REALLY frustrated with this. I wasn't messing with this phone before this happened. Was running the latest official os (.2014) that I downloaded ota from blackbery. I have maybe 3 or 4 sideloaded apps but I haven't used them in several weeks & besides, they've been on the phone pretty much since I first got the phone a little over 4 months ago on Canadian launch day back in Feb with no issues.

Is there something else I can do or somewhere I can send this phone to be looked at? I don't know what else to do.

~ A quickly becoming depressed bb fan ~
    06-23-13 06:47 AM
    Visit BlackBerry Service Centre.

Posted via CB10
    wolf_clan likes this.
    06-23-13 06:55 AM
    Try this, take battery out, put it back in again and immediately press and hold power button for 1 minute. This cures a lot of issues.

Posted via CB10
    wolf_clan likes this.
    06-23-13 07:06 AM
    Try this, take battery out, put it back in again and immediately press and hold power button for 1 minute. This cures a lot of issues.

Posted via CB10
    I just tried this and it only seemed to stop my led from blinking. No amount of further button pressing/holding returns any results (a real brick now). So I plugged it into the wall with its charger....nothing. Hit the power button while plugged in....nothing. If I hold the power button while plugged in, after about 10-15 secs the led blinks once and then...nothing. Oops, stand corrected. I see it's back to its blinking pattern again. It's now unplugged and when I hold the button for 10 secs it just stops the led blinking, which brings me back to the original result of this procedure.

Thanks for the idea but no apparent progress
    06-23-13 07:32 AM
    Looks like a replacement is needed.

Posted via CB10
    wolf_clan likes this.
    06-23-13 07:38 AM
    Looks like a replacement is needed.

Posted via CB10
    Apparently so.
    Something like this has never happened to me before so what do I need to do. Take it back to my carrier, contact blackberry?
    06-23-13 07:49 AM
    try this one,

1. open BB Link
    2. connect Z10 via USB
    3. on BB link click the over flow (3 dots)
    4. look for the disconnected device (if there's any)
    5. if you your device is included there (in the disconnected device list) open the tab, then click restore.

note1: if this is successful your Z10 will restore to factory settings and you need to set everything from start
    note2: if while fresh setting up an you encountered an option to update to new OS, don't update yet finish setting up you phone, then update the OS.

I hope this helps...
    wolf_clan likes this.
    06-23-13 08:24 AM
    This really sounds like a hardware problem. I think a phone call to whoever you bought from is in order. Sorry. RIP Z10

Posted via CB10
    wolf_clan likes this.
    06-23-13 08:53 AM
    There is usually a 12 months warranty. In the UK a call usually gets a replacement on something like this where it was obvious it wasn't your fault.

Posted via CB10
    wolf_clan likes this.
    06-23-13 08:57 AM
    BBLink hasn't worked nor trying a restore via Internet explorer. I got my phone from koodo here in Canada so I'll see what they say on Monday.
    Me thinks me has to bury me phone
    06-23-13 08:10 PM
    Are you sure that the battery isn't simply dead? Have you plugged it in a known working charger for 30 minutes straight?

Via Zeppelin 10
    06-23-13 08:39 PM
    Try a different battery. Maybe there was a power surge overnight that fried your battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 09:20 PM
    Nah, look, your battery is just drained. Connect the phone for around 5 minutes like charging. Take the battery out, disconnect it from the outlet, put the battery in and it will hopefully turn on.

Posted via
    06-23-13 10:11 PM
    use autoloader/leaked OS?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 10:14 PM
    Nah, look, your battery is just drained. Connect the phone for around 5 minutes like charging. Take the battery out, disconnect it from the outlet, put the battery in and it will hopefully turn on.

Posted via
    Nope. That didn't work either.
    06-24-13 06:40 AM
    Got to go to work now but I'll try to get to a koodo outlet and see if a new battery does the trick.
    Thanks to everyone for the efforts!!!!!!
    06-24-13 06:43 AM
    My Q10 Did something similar on Sunday Morning. Put it on Charge over night. Woke up to a fully charged phone but no apps working so I though I'd re-set the device and do a battery pull for good measure!

Popped the Battery back in and nothing but a Blinking LED 1 Flash short gap then 4 consecutive flashes and the pattern repeats. I tried all the usual tricks to no avail so spoke with the carrier who are sending me a replacement phone!
    wolf_clan likes this.
    06-24-13 06:53 AM
    Have u tried going to blackberry update online and reinstalling the os I had a problem last night were mine was stuck on the usb screen plugged it in using the cable and followed the instructions and mine is back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 08:14 AM
    To rule out battery problems, pull out battery and connect phone
    Then run autoloader
    If battery is the problem, your LED light will turn green and start to load the OS
    wolf_clan likes this.
    06-24-13 08:19 AM
    Have u tried going to blackberry update online and reinstalling the os I had a problem last night were mine was stuck on the usb screen plugged it in using the cable and followed the instructions and mine is back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Tried that
    (Edit)
    Oops! I meant to reply to the post above this one.
    06-24-13 08:21 AM
    To rule out battery problems, pull out battery and connect phone
    Then run autoloader
    If battery is the problem, your LED light will turn green and start to load the OS
    Just tried this and still get the same result. Looks more & more likely that I have a bricked phone and not just a fried battery.
    06-24-13 08:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Tried this and no change.
    06-24-13 08:32 AM
    Just tried this and still get the same result. Looks more & more likely that I have a bricked phone and not just a fried battery.
    Restart you comp, change a different usb port
    I've had that problem before on a legacy device. My device was not bricked, but it refused to connect or reload OS
    Turns out that after I restarted my comp and changed a usb port (I have 4 luckily), it worked
    06-24-13 08:35 AM
    Restart you comp, change a different usb port
    I've had that problem before on a legacy device. My device was not bricked, but it refused to connect or reload OS
    Turns out that after I restarted my comp and changed a usb port (I have 4 luckily), it worked
    Tried this just a few minutes ago and same result.....nothing.
    Thanks anyway.
    06-24-13 09:05 AM
    Well, my phone bricked almost 2 weeks ago and I took it into Koodo and they sent it off to blackberry and.....they couldn't fix it either so today (9 days after bringing it in) they called to tell me there is a brand new z10 waiting for me to pick up! yahoo! Busy setting it up just the way of like it....again.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-03-13 09:12 PM
28 12