Nope your all way off the mark with your explanations and answers what really happens is:every other year or so all mobile networks mess around with the b.s in your expensive mobiles they play around with the lectrics on poorpoise its so you rush out and spend money you aint got on them.its anuver of the facist dictatorships games! i gaurentee that if you keep old of that mobile you fink is dodgy and put up, when they move thier game to uva technoloigy your phone now dinosourous will work perfectically! trus me its more nazi b.s trickery!
    10-05-13 04:36 PM
    Is it just me, or does the post above indicate that I've had too many "pops "

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 05:32 PM
    i am not hearing from my blackberry tourch when people call me and they cant hear me. i change my speaker and my strip and it still like that. what is the problem and what can i do?
    tg1 likes this.
    11-18-13 11:28 AM
    I am having the exact same problem. I have the leaked 10.2.1.1925 installed and I thought it was possible that this was the problem, or some of the android apps I've downloaded. I swapped batteries, reinstalled the OS, and then wiped the phone. No help from anything. Going to try to get a new one from VZW today I think.
    02-23-14 10:03 AM
    I activated z10 two weeks ago with Wind Mobile. Ever since the activation, I experience the problem call when people cannot hear me for 8-10 seconds during the call. I call customer service several times and was told the issue has been accelerated as a priority subject to be dealt with by technical department at back office. The salesperson a Wind Mobile store said she experienced almost the same issue when she started using z10. She said this issue has something to do with Z10's HD voice. I am now trying to use headphone (not sure is headphone can avoid this annoying problem or not).

I have been a BB user since 2007 and have used 3 bb phones before z10. I feel sorry on what bb experienced from mainstream phone to something as legacy. But it looks reality is bb might not survive the cutting throat fight against other competitors, at least from cell phone hardware aspect.
    05-05-14 01:16 AM
    There's an app available called BBVE - download it and use it to test the device to ensure all is working - you can use the audio only tests and verify that there's no problem there.

Info including QR code at site below.

Introducing BlackBerry Virtual Expert for BlackBerry 10 OS 10.2.1 | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    05-05-14 06:53 AM
    Thanks. BBVE test shows no problem. This is the second SIM card and Z10 cell phone but the problem is still there.

Guess the intermittent silence problem during call is associated with HD feature of wireless signal. It looks Speakerphone and Headphone mode doesn't have this problem (so HD voice is presumably not working under Speakerphone and Headphone mode).
    05-05-14 01:02 PM
    Hi,
    I am having the exact same problem as you are!
    This is my 2nd Q10 , my first one got to the point where no one could hear me at all unless I put them on speaker and now I'm having the same issues with this second Q10 they sent me.
    It's very frustrating to not only me but the caller who calls me too!
    I was at the AT&T phone and the techs knew nothing about Blackberry phones so they were no help at all.
    This is my first phone, I had had a flip phone for 7 years.
    I wish someone could help us !!!
    05-11-14 07:24 AM
    Wind (my carrier) said the case was accelerated to back office's IT department which has been working on this for more than 10 days. I have used three blackberry phones before z10 but now I really don't know whether this is the last blackberry phone. Wind said blackberry 10 is quite different from previous OS which caused lots of confusion. In Canada BB used to a flagship cellphone but now it's hard to find BB phone on most carriers' show room. I will report how my cell issue gets resolved.
    05-12-14 02:02 AM
    Even I experienced this problem when I purchased this device one week ago in India. I googled the problem and I found a weird solution which works for me. You have to apply pressure just below the BB logo on the backside of your Z10 and the other party will be able to hear you. But this isn't a permanent solution. I think I will replace the handset with BB.
    05-12-14 05:14 PM
    Sounds like the mic is broken or the phone is on mute.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-12-14 06:26 PM
    Seems the same behavior (works on speakerphone and headset, can't hear on handset) happens also on old BBerrys (9700 bold, 9810 Torch).

The solution there was pretty idiotic:

Plug in a headset, make a call, use "options" menu *during* the call to change the audio to "handset." Terminate the call, unplug the headset. Should work until further notice :-)

Nobody know why, but seems to work. Perhaps will work with Z10 too.

Good luck!
    rainwindcloud likes this.
    05-13-14 11:51 PM
    This seems very common lately. I just recently had my phone replaced by carrier for this issue.

Incidentally BVE does not help with this it tests a different microphone (i.e. The one that is used on speaker phone).
    rainwindcloud likes this.
    05-14-14 02:47 AM
    Seems the same behavior (works on speakerphone and headset, can't hear on handset) happens also on old BBerrys (9700 bold, 9810 Torch).

Plug in a headset, make a call, use "options" menu *during* the call to change the audio to "handset." Terminate the call, unplug the headset. Should work until further notice :-)

Good luck!
    Thanks ZWRUMAN! I followed what you said and just made one call. Looks it works. I will try more calls and report back with results.
    It's a pity BLACKBERRY Company didn't offer solution to solve these "systematic" technical problems.
    05-14-14 11:03 PM
    Just had this issue no one could hear me if I was not on speakerphone but I could hear all made no difference if blue tooth headset or not. Bbve no help said everything good have a nice day. Called Telus help and they were very helpful. Turns out it was a sim card issue which a replacement sim fixed

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-26-14 09:44 PM
    Just had this issue no one could hear me if I was not on speakerphone but I could hear all made no difference if blue tooth headset or not. Bbve no help said everything good have a nice day. Called Telus help and they were very helpful. Turns out it was a sim card issue which a replacement sim fixed

Posted via CB10
    Interesting that a sim card would affect outgoing voice but not on speaker phone!
    05-26-14 10:49 PM
    Surprised me but my 30 is still working fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 11:52 PM
    Whenever I make a phone call on the blackberry z10 to someone, they can never hear me; however when someone calls me they can hear me. My voice command works fine so I don't think my microphone is broken...but what's going on here? any solutions? this is really annoying. I've tried pulling the battery, but that doesnt fix anything
    my phone is doing the same. They can only hear me when it is on speakerphone!
    06-04-14 03:26 PM
    Weird that a sim would cause that. If the OP still has issues and BBVE passes (or fails) I'd suggest a software (OS) update. Any news on this?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 03:26 PM
    Any working fix on this issue?
    07-16-14 09:14 AM
    Any working fix on this issue?
    I find the issue is location specific. It happens to me in one area only.

I usually just turn myself to speaker mode as a workaround. Better still, I just hang up and BBM voice back.
    07-16-14 09:33 AM
    I ve been having similar issues since I got my Z10 a few months ago.
    I am using a wired headset exclusively with my Z10 and I ve noticed a pattern.
    While I am driving and on call everything is fine I can hear loud and clear and the same goes for the other person.
    Once I arrive at work or at home and I step out of the car (while still on call) all of a sudden the volume of the headset falls to zero and the other person cannot hear me clearly any more. I have to hang up, unplug my headset, turn off the screen, plug in the headset again call back and then turn up the volume again.
    I believe it is a grounding issue.
    I am not an electrician or pretend I know much about it, but when on call and the body changes ground while on call somehow the volume of the audio input/output changes. In my case it always goes down.
    I do not use the headset that came with the phone.
    It s an AT&T STL3 running *.2941
    07-16-14 10:25 AM
    I had same issue this morning... I could hear them but they couldn't hear me... speaker phone was work around...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-16-14 08:47 PM

Good luck!
    Tried this but didn't work!?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-16-14 09:16 PM
    Have installed latest OS, fault is still present... pretty sure it's hardware, as - when using Parrot... if I press firmly around/near BlackBerry text near mic hole - Parrot will get some audio recorded. If I release pressure no sound gets recorded... looks like it's off to get another ph (maybe another Z10)

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3253
    07-17-14 04:25 AM
75 123