Hi all,

I'm a little frustrated right now and hoping someone can help.

Have used BB world to download movies on the z10 and play them back several times. Last night, server connection was slow, download "paused" halfway through while we were watching movie; eventually gave up and went to bed, somewhat annoyed. Now trying to watch the rest of the movie this AM, there is no option to resume movie where we left off, and there is no clear way to advance the movie, or even fast forward (it does let me try and cut the movie in half which obviously is not a good solution). Whenever I try and click and drag on the progress cursor it thinks I am trying to go back to another screen.

Am I missing something? I have searched these boards and found nothing. Presently I am playing back the movie on the phone until it reaches the spot where we left off, but clearly this is not an ideal solution.

For the record the HDMI playback (audio and video quality) works welll; but I will be going back to my google play account if there is not solution to the above unfortunatley. Maybe this will be addressed in the next update?
    05-11-13 11:42 AM
    did a little more searching while waiting for movie to get back...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-movie-774282/
    guess i'm not alone, hope they can fix this

i find the whole download/stream/watch process a little buggy in general, so i guess no more bb world video rentals for a bit
    05-11-13 12:21 PM
    That just doesn't make sense. After you're done downloading, you can playback using the video application.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:17 PM
    That just doesn't make sense. After you're done downloading, you can playback using the video application.

Posted via CB10
    I think you may have misunderstood. If one is watching movie and for some reason need to stop and close the player, the video doesn't continue from where you left off. You have to start over again. It's the same way on the PB, and I've always hated it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    yeah it really doesn't make sense. seems like a pretty basic thing to miss.

just to clarify, there are a number of issues that need to be sorted out

1. download pauses/stops every once and a while; if you press pause download then resume it starts again, but obviously if you are doing something else (ie sleeping and download over night; or started streaming the movie) you would not realise that the download stopped. This has happened to me a few times

2. the streamer is buggy, had to restart the phone because the first time went to watch on streamer, screen went white and didn't play (phone itself didn't crash just the streamer)

3. when you rent some movies, you cannot advance the cursor to where you left off, skip parts etc. This function works fine on my own videos that I have taken, but not on rentals (I can say this for sure for Silver Lining Playbook, cannot remember for certain others as I mostly just press play and leave it)

4. and trynacu2 pointed out, if you close the movie player, it doesn't remember where you left off

Now hopefully they can fix some of these issues, otherwise bb world just isn't quite ready for prime time.
    05-11-13 04:26 PM
    I cannot add anything pertinent to this issue since I don't have a BB, but I have noticed on my Android is that if I use ESFileBrowser to stream, I get that as well, not able to skip, pause ect. If I use VLC I have all those functions back. Is there a VLC app for BB. That might work but once again I have really no idea how the BB works at this point with OS10.X.
    05-11-13 04:32 PM
    I had this issue, the movie stopped half way through as it hadn't downloaded it all, i went back in and it started at the beginning, no way to fast forward. At present this makes it unusable in my opinion, feel ripped off that I payed for the download, not prepared to watch the first half all over again, wasted my evening due to essentially useless software on BB10, it would be better not to have the video playback than one that doesn't function. How do you get a refund on Blackberry world ?

Joel
    05-11-13 04:59 PM
    I had a similar problem but I figured out what went wrong in my case. The video didn't fully download. My media card ran out of space do the download quit. Maybe it threw an error but I was not on my device during download.

I downloaded it again and I can seek through the video.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:07 AM
    And it returns to where I left off.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:09 AM
    If it is only happening for rentals then I wouldn't be surprised if this was some kind of DRM causing the seeking to be disabled. I know when I watch some OnDemand shows on my DVR, the fast forward feature is disabled to prevent skipping the commercials.

Still, it would be nice if it at least remembered where you stopped so you can resume later.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:29 AM