I am in a bit of a jam. I sold my Passport on EBay and the transaction went well.

I had done a Factory Reset and Removed my SIM Card which is all I had done when I sold my Z10.

Buyer contacted me saying that the phone still needed my email and password to access. I had forgotten to cancel the Blackberry Protect. My fault entirely so I logged in right away and deleted the device from Protect.

He contacted me today (via Ebay again) to say that it is still not working. He needs email and Password. I went back to Protect and the phone is not there. Nothing associated with my ID.

I have asked him to send me a picture of the error message but I am at a loss. I have also asked him if he has an ID or if he has ever owned a Blackberry before.

Any ideas??
    12-12-15 12:56 PM
    Might be wrong here but I'm sure it's asking him for his bbid, that's where the email and pass comes in.

There should also be an option to create a new bbid, which is what he needs to do if it's from a factory reset

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:49 PM
    Sounds like he might be trying to sucker you into giving him your bbid. If you did a factory reset then he just sets it up as a new device. It won't ask for your old bbid. It asks you to set up a BBID. Which he creates. Not you.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:52 PM
    Well,

He emailed me saying that the issue was resolved. I see another thread on here asking the same questions as me so maybe you guys helped him out or maybe the Blackberry Protect clear finally took hold.

Either Way--Thank You.
    12-13-15 08:39 PM
    Sounds like he might be trying to sucker you into giving him your bbid. If you did a factory reset then he just sets it up as a new device. It won't ask for your old bbid. It asks you to set up a BBID. Which he creates. Not you.

Posted via CB10
    Listen to this.

I also think this guy is trying to sucker you. All he has to de is click "Set up BBID" instrwad of trying to log in using yours.

You have done nothing wrong.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    12-14-15 12:10 AM
    This happened to me. I sold my Classic running 10.3.2 and did a Security wipe thinking that would remove everything and shipped the phone to the buyer. Got an email from him this morning that it's still associated with my BBID. Is there a way to verify? I have many BB devices and don't remember the email address I used for this one.
    12-17-15 09:13 AM
    try to load another autoloader.. I mean OS version

BlackBerry z10
    12-17-15 09:21 AM
    try to load another autoloader.. I mean OS version

BlackBerry z10
    Thanks but I don't have the phone in my possession. I sold it and shipped it to him thinking it was good to go. I didn't know I had to turn off BB Protect
    first. Is there anyway he can do this?
    12-17-15 09:40 AM
    This happened to me. I sold my Classic running 10.3.2 and did a Security wipe thinking that would remove everything and shipped the phone to the buyer. Got an email from him this morning that it's still associated with my BBID. Is there a way to verify? I have many BB devices and don't remember the email address I used for this one.
    Go to the BlackBerry Protect website and re-register that device. Once his device connects a network with data it will automatically recognize this.
    12-17-15 09:41 AM
    Go to the BlackBerry Protect website and re-register that device. Once his device connects a network with data it will automatically recognize this.
    Sorry if this is dumb but not sure I understand. I no longer have the device to do anything. It's in his possession.
    12-17-15 11:33 AM
    tell them to load another OS to autoloader..its erase all in the device and start a new one like its brand new. sorry for my bad english..

BlackBerry z10
    12-17-15 04:35 PM
    dont give your email and password becoz its privacy right? just tell them load another OS by autoloader.. I hope she/he understand you.

BlackBerry z10
    12-17-15 04:39 PM
    dont give your email and password becoz its privacy right? just tell them load another OS by autoloader.. I hope she/he understand you.

BlackBerry z10
    You can't do that, i thought after10.3.2 was released you can no longer downgrade. Attaching a pic of the screen he gets when going through setup.HELP!!  Sold Phone now Buyer needs my information to get the phone working, how can he wipe it?-_12.jpg
    12-17-15 05:26 PM
    u can load anothere autoloader if u want to jump anothere os version I mean foe example 10.3.2.556 to another 10.3.2.xxx

BlackBerry z10
    12-17-15 06:27 PM
    or try to log in 10times with incorrect password and its wipe by itself.. to make a full security wipe.

BlackBerry z10
    12-17-15 06:30 PM
    They are referring to the anti-theft part. Which does requires your BBID as it is tied to BBID.
    If you did a security wipe, this does not automatically remove the anti-theft. Most times it does but sometimes it does not.
    Ideally you should have disabled protect then security wiped. Otherwise you may have to give him your BBID and password.
    12-17-15 06:35 PM
    umh' yeah I forgot.. hehe sorry, maybe he needs to sideload another OS?!?

BlackBerry z10
    12-17-15 06:44 PM
    umh' yeah I forgot.. hehe sorry, maybe he needs to sideload another OS?!?

BlackBerry z10
    No, this won't get arround the anti-theft either.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    12-17-15 09:21 PM