So a couple months back I started experiencing some heat/battery draining issues. I went through the whole troubleshooting process. Finally got to a point where I wiped and reloaded the OS. Everything was fine. Periodically it would happen again and I would wipe and reload and again everything would be fine. I've finally determined that it happens anytime the battery is removed or completely drained without the device being shut off first. Now, I know I'm going to get a bunch of comments saying I shouldn't remove the battery without shutting down the device. I understand this, but I'm wondering why it results in major battery drainage, 100%-dead in about three hours and an average temperature of 40-44c. Seems very strange to me and again the only way to fix it is to wipe it. Which sucks for me because I am also one of the lucky contestants who cannot use Link to backup my phone. Anybody able to shed some light on the situation?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 06:11 PM
    Have there been any constants? Maybe you always reinstall a particular app after reloading the OS.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-28-13 06:37 PM
    No, like I say the only constant is either the battery is taken out without powering down fully or the battery dies. The first time it happened was 4 months into having the device. It died, which had happened before, but this time when it booted up it was hot and drained my battery faster than some chargers could charge it. After the first wipe I was careful not to let the battery drain again. Since I've had to do an additional four, going on five wipes. Each additional time this happened it immediately followed a battery pull of some sort. Today I powered down my device to switch batteries but I jumped the gun on pulling the battery and of course it booted up hot and hungry.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 08:00 PM
    I'm clueless man. I'll give you a bump so hopefully someone more knowledgeable might help.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-28-13 09:07 PM