i don't have a problem with your findings really because you value your 9810 much more (I still have mine as a backup). however there are some things you should elaborate than just saying something is terrible. i also disagree with a few things - but i'm opening debate. Let me expand.

i have a little trick where i put my fingernail in between the cover and phone and slide it across like you would a credit card a door, knock a few pegs off and then peel it off from there.

I would say it's very comparable... I remember having problems with BB Desktop even up until it's final releases primarily with backups. Link for backing up is a jiff, even more so now with the latest update it's smoother than it's ever been. I do feel it's slow to copy or transfer files around but I would just use Windows explorer for that. As for the messages not being in the backup- your text messages will transfter but not e-mail, that will only sync but not through Link. I believe Link may not do all the things that BB Desktop did but I think it does certain things better, quicker. OH, and the fact that you can backup your apps in Link is something that was missing from BB Desktop. Of course, there's always alternatives. When I had the 9810 I used BBSAK to backup my apps, but it wasn't the same. I would install them but the 9810 saw them as third party installed apps and wouldn't update them or tell me when there updates for them. Anyway, I'm wondering if you used the latest Link because I saw a major difference with the current version compared to the previous.

whoa. how are recurrences terrible? you can customize them just like BBOS and i believe it has more preset recurrences. and what's so bad about agenda? i love the design of the calendar, it does more than the BBOS version and it's prettier (dark theme ftw).

i can knock down that number to just one single gesture, depending on where you're at on the screen. if at a normal screen where you can see the dots under the apps, just flick towards the left across the tiny envelope to go to the hub. you don't really have to swipe up then across every single time to get to it, those gestures were mainly presented so you can "peak" and "flow" better with the OS. So even if you're in an app, you can swipe up and just slightly across to view that text that just came in or that e-mail just to have a preview and if it's not urgent just let go. and i don't usually do the two swipes, i usually go from the bottom towards the right center in a diagonal motion or you can just flip the entire page to the left to get to the hub (if you're at you're first page of apps). anyway, just saying- it's just as easy and maybe even faster than the 9810. I remember hitting the messages on my 9810 and that slight lag would get me every now and then it was so annoying.

All in all, I know you won't be keeping your Z10 but I just don't think it's as bad as you think it is. Mainly, the fact that the Z10 does not bog down, does not lag (can't promise that on a leak) like the 9810 did in flying colors. Oh and you said 90 seconds to boot the Z10 like it was a bad thing.. my 9810 would take upwards to FIVE minutes to boot sometimes and sometimes not even boot at all because it would get stuck towards 70% and I've have to reboot again so that it would reboot all the way. I loved my 9810 but I could not rely on it every single time I needed it because it loved spinning its clock and freezing up for moments at a time. But like you said, you're looking for functionality but I wouldn't accept the 9810's faults for impeding that because of hardware limitations.
    ...also forgot to mention that BB10 does in fact have 'Properties' for pictures etc...

Help possible upgrade from 9810 to Z10-img_00001263.png

Posted with my awesome Z10...or maybe even my Q10...50/50 chance...
    01-10-14 02:01 PM
    No disrespect intended, but you don't seem to have given the Z a proper run, or work over to dig in and see all the great new features...or the ones that have improved or replaced old ones on BlackBerry 7 devices... My previous BlackBerry was even better than the one that you have...I had the 9860...would run circles around a 9810 in about every single aspect...better performance...screen...sound...etc..etc... I also had the latest 7.1.something or other...it took me a good two weeks to fully transition from my 9860 to the point where I was as fluid with my Z as I was with my Torch...and it leaves my old Torch in the dust...tons more productivity built in, faster, multitasking...and the list goes on...I think that you check and make sure that you have the latest 10.2 then really sit down with the Z and run that batter down playing with it...and really go through the BlackBerry World to find apps that will get you going...not too mention that you can pair up a full size Blue tooth keyboard and mouse to the Z and HDMI it to a big screen and use it as a PC...

extisis and curvezzz like this.
    01-10-14 02:12 PM
    From Bold 9900 to Torch 9810 and now on the device that iPhone will not show in any side-by-side comparison. But I digress. As mentioned in earlier posts, there is a learning curve. If you're willing, the journey is full of wonder! Using the new and improved Link along with Microsoft Outlook (not Outlook express) as well as any other ways that you know of to back up and duplicate the information on your Torch, you shouldn't have any issues. I didn't have any however, I still own both of my legacy devices. I'm also running the latest leak. Once you become accustomed to the functionality of this device, turning back will not be an option. Of course, it's not BBOS 7.1, there are some functions that you will miss for a while. I am very satisfied and I believe you will be as well.

Posted with my BBZ10 Superphone via CB10 app
    extisis likes this.
    01-10-14 03:00 PM
    My worry was the "password keeper" app, when I transfered from my 9810 to my Zed, I panicked because I didn't have that app native on my zed...but once I downloaded the free app, all my transferred password etc where there! Also, I've had emails on my Zed since April 2013...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 03:14 PM
    When I say Saved Messages, I mean the 1600 I have on the Torch 9810 not transferring to the Z10... I haven't heard of a practical solution for that problem I have... And it should be usable and searchable like old BlackBerry can...
    01-10-14 03:28 PM
    Maybe if AT&T drops the price of the Q10 and it comes pre-installed with 10.2 or higher then I'll try it...

But untl there is a solution to the the Saved Messages problem, I can't upgrade...
    Saved Messages problem? What saved messages problem? I am able to save mine "forever". No limits there.
    01-10-14 03:32 PM
    ...also forgot to mention that BB10 does in fact have 'Properties' for pictures etc...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001263.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	237593

oops, there's always something i miss on my rants lol. thanks, i was going to say it but someone beat me to it i believe in an earlier post. but this was the least of OP's worries i'm afraid.
    01-10-14 04:33 PM
    When I say Saved Messages, I mean the 1600 I have on the Torch 9810 not transferring to the Z10... I haven't heard of a practical solution for that problem I have... And it should be usable and searchable like old BlackBerry can...
    you're going to have a tough time even finding a new phone to do that with. not sure what you mean by useable or searchable, if you mean the messages on the Z10 yes they are searchable. anything is searchable on the Z10. i think if the 1600 messages you have on your Torch are that sacred... you're going to be with the 9810 forever. I just recalled when I transferred over my 9810 info to my Z10 (and that was on 10.1) ALL my messages were transferred over, text messages and all, even my notes saved on the 9810. Anyway, many of the pros of BB10 outweigh the cons you mentioned, some cons have even been reversed into pros. Like i said, you were probably better off with a 10.2 loaded Q10. You probably still are.
    01-10-14 04:43 PM
    Maybe if AT&T drops the price of the Q10 and it comes pre-installed with 10.2 or higher then I'll try it...

But untl there is a solution to the the Saved Messages problem, I can't upgrade...
    i believe the Q10 is the same contract price as the Z10 through AT&T, and if it doesn't come loaded with 10.2 already then just update OTA-style through Sachesi. And even better, wait until the 10.2.1 official releases so you can upgrade your Q10 through Sachesi. 10.2.1 is in a world of it's own.
    Last edited by extisis; 01-10-14 at 06:14 PM.
    01-10-14 05:08 PM
    The Z10 is priced much lower than the Q10 through contact on AT&T. Online or in store. You would have to do your research and you can get a great deal.

From the BBZ10 STL 100-3 Superphone pumped up with vitamin 10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 03:29 AM
    If you delete emails on the server and wish to keep copies on the phone, run K9 Mail as well as the native email program. K9 saves copies. I do this so I can refer to an email later since I don't keep them on a server.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 08:42 AM
    The Z10 is priced much lower than the Q10 through contact on AT&T. Online or in store. You would have to do your research and you can get a great deal.

From the BBZ10 STL 100-3 Superphone pumped up with vitamin 10.2.1.1925
    just checked, it's the same price as the Z10 I bought on contract. I would say 50 bucks less and it'd be a good deal. Z10 isn't even priced lol its free on AT&T right now.
    Last edited by extisis; 01-12-14 at 01:01 PM.
    01-12-14 10:12 AM
    To Post Mortem - upgrade to 10.2.1925 solves mail issue!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:46 AM
    Loved my 9810 - especially the physical keyboard. Moved to Z10 100-3 and just autoloaderd10.2.1925 (AT&T still with 10.1) and have not looked back. Very pleased with upgrade!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:49 AM
    I upped from 9810 to z10 STL100-3 on Leaked OS 1925 and never even looked back. It does all you mentioned and much much more. 9810 was the best BlackBerry I ever owned but the z10 on 1925 is so far past the 9810 you will not believe it. Get someone that's got one on 1925 to show you what the phone can do. Direct load Android apps for one. BlackBerry. World is fixed to start making Android apps soon available for downloads. This 1925 OS is 10.2 and 10.3 is just around the corner. I'm not trying to sway your judgment. Like I said earlier, find a friend with 1925 OS installed and get them to show you what it can really do. You will need to hold on to your head because it will explode.

akawarrior
    extisis likes this.
    01-12-14 12:01 PM
    It took me 9 days to stop hating my Z10. I changed from a 9800. Once my brain accepted the way BB10 worked after those 9 days, there was no going back, I was in love.

After day 1, I was still carrying around my 9800 for backup. After day 9 the 9800 stayed at home because I discovered I could accomplish the same things and more on my Z10. I just had to become comfortable with the new way.

OP, there has to be a way to move those stored messages, but I concur with others, you like your keyboard shortcuts, you probably should have gotten a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:43 PM
    5 a day...?!? Wow... I wonder why...?
    Memory leak

? Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925 on AT&T
    extisis likes this.
    01-12-14 03:02 PM
42 12