All of a sudden. I can't get my browser to go to sites like twitter and facebook. But I can go to other sites such as youtube, crackberry, e.t.c.
    The browser gives this error: error, couldn't resolve the host name.
    Any ideas or tips on this problem?
    07-13-13 12:34 PM
    Have you tried clearing the cache? Settings/privacy&security/Clear history and maybe also clear cookies and other data.
    See if that helps.
    07-13-13 12:47 PM
    Try clearing your cache and browser history.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:48 PM
    This doesn't sound humorous to me at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=828154

Check out the fix for it

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:33 PM
    I've cleared everything. From history to cache, and any other thing clearable. Will search for the "blackberry browser problems" nw
    07-13-13 02:37 PM
    After trying everything I could find in the forums. Nothing seems to work. However tho. Facebook site nw works, and doesn't give the error anymore. But the twitter site still doesn't load and gives the error. I like to think of myself as tech person. But I just can't find a way to get the twitter site to open.
    But here's what I noticed. My twitter app (blaq) stops working. It just shows a blank page whenever I open it. It wasn't bringing up my tweets anymore, this happened for like 2 days. So I deleted it. Deciding that I'll be using the web to access twitter. Only for me to find out I have this problem. The last time I used the twitter site successfully was when I logged out to try a friends account. And since then....nothing.
    07-13-13 04:40 PM
    Somebody pls help
    07-14-13 01:08 AM
    Ok. This is getting annoying. I downloaded blaq again. But thus time its not even opening. It crashes immediately I open it. It just shows a blank white screen. I downloaded the tweetian app, when I put my login details. It doesn't even try to load. It says connection error. I download personal browser. It opens all sites except the twitter site.
    Arrrrrggghh! Anything concerning twitter doesn't work on my phone.
    07-14-13 03:02 AM
    Downloaded the normal twitter app that everyone says its wack. But even that says connection error. Somebody heeeelllllppppp
    07-14-13 03:21 AM
    It seems that your network DNS can't resolve Twitter address or is blocked. Try using ping or traceroute in the settings to check (settings/network connections /Wifi/ advanced and then in drop down menu ping or traceroute)

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 04:00 AM
    It seems that your network DNS can't resolve Twitter address or is blocked. Try using ping or traceroute in the settings to check (settings/network connections /Wifi/ advanced and then in drop down menu ping or traceroute)

Posted via CB10
    In PING, what do I ping to?
    And in traceroute what do I put as my destination?
    Thanks for taking your time to help out.
    07-14-13 02:04 PM
    Hi, put www.twitter.com

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:19 AM
    Hi, put www.twitter.com

Posted via CB10
    This is the reply I got.
    Ping: cannot resolve "www.twitter.com" host name...

Nothing seems to be working for the traceroute even google.com, and google.com worked for the ping.
    07-15-13 09:11 AM
    Have you tried loading over a different network? Try a different wifi or cellular?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:33 AM
    This is the reply I got.
    Ping: cannot resolve "www.twitter.com" host name...

Nothing seems to be working for the traceroute even google.com, and google.com worked for the ping.
    This means that problem is most probably in the network (likely DNS issue), not in the phone.
    As NottheK said, try connecting to different networks, if it works there, contact person maintaining WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:34 AM
    Yayyy....awwww. @ntothek and @1criz, I used my friends MTN sim as a mobile hot spot and I connected to it. (I also use MTN too). and voila! Everything twitter is working again. My browser. Blaq. Tweetian. Twitter for BlackBerry. Everything works. So I disconnect from the hot spot and try to connect again with my data plan....and I'm back to square 1. nothing twitter works. Except this time the browser loads the twitter page but doesn't bring up new tweets. So where is the problem from? I use mtn and my friend uses mtn too. Not the same plan tho. Should I call my service provider to complain?
    07-15-13 10:58 AM
    I would complain... your service provider might not known they are blocking ports.

Proudly posted via my Z10
    07-15-13 11:17 AM
    I would like to say a big thank you to all who helped me out with this problem. I called my network service today and they told me my bundle plan doesn't support twitter. I would have to do the BIS plan. So, Thank you all for your time once again. I'm really grateful. God bless.
    07-16-13 09:15 AM