Hi guys,

Every time I save a new number, it won't appear in my whatsapp contact list, because the number is saved to sim card. WhatsApp only recognise numbers in device, so what i have to do is do a "Import contacts from sim card to device " every time I add a new number.

How do u make the default place to save new numbers to device instead of sim card?

I know the old models of blackberry have it saved to device always..
    03-22-13 05:49 AM
    Every time you make a contact, one is made for every address book you have. Open up the contact and click on links.

I have a Gmail contact list and outlook. So when i create a contact it appears with four links (SIM, local, Gmail. Outlook)

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 05:52 AM
    Maybe you should report it to the whatsapp developers? They might have not included the feature in the first release?
    03-22-13 05:55 AM
    The whatsapp case is just an example of how the inability to save to device as default option can cause problems.

Maybe if I didn't mention the whatsapp incident, and jus ask how to set the default place for saving new contacts to sim or device, will that be better sir?
    03-22-13 06:56 AM
    As I had stated earlier a crested contact will save to all locations

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 08:18 AM
    Hi Hadi,

I agree with the previous post by Mr. Keeping.

Every time you create a new contact, it is copied to all your address books.

I would like to know why you seem to be only copying or creating contacts on your aim card. In the Contacts app, swipe down from the top and select Settings. All of your "accounts" that have contacts are listed there. Check them all. That way all your contacts will show up in the Contacts app.

Now, when you add a new contact #, it will go into the address book for each of your accounts. Then WhatsApp will be able to find your contacts and add them to your Whatsapp favourites list.

It works perfectly for me. It even found some of my friends who I didn't know were on Whatsapp.

Plus, if you have contacts on your sim card that are not in your device, you can easily import them. Again, go into the Contacts app settings, scroll down to see "Import contacts from sim Card". Quite easy

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 09:31 AM
    Hi Patrick and KeepingPace,

Thanks for your suggestions. It works better now somehow.

I think the problem lies when u try to create a new contact without going through the contact app/add new. When someone sends u a msg in whatsapp with a number, and u press and hold ur thumb over that number, the option of adding into contacts will appear. When u go through that option to add that particular number into ur contacts, somehow it won't appear in your local when u click the links.

But if u copy the number instead, then go to ur contacts app to add new, it will be saved to all ur address books. Weird that it is so, but I guess not a biggie. Still loving my Z10!
    03-22-13 09:01 PM
    Hi,
    I need some help with this. I want to save contact to activesync/work account
    I have the habit of saving new numbers directly from the phone app, i just go to "add to contacts". The problem is that this will add the new contact as a local contact instead of my activesync contact (I have no local contacts I keep all f them on my work server). When I go in the phonebook and initiate a new contact from there I have the possibility to choose whether it's a personal or work contact, and If I choose work it will save to activesync but when choosing "add to phonebook" from the phone app I don't have this option. What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks
    05-13-13 05:08 AM