So on Sunday, my phone took a dive face down (for the millionth time). However, on Tuesday it started randomly restarting, sometimes 10 times in a row. When I use it, in the middle of a call it would go off, or in the middle of using the camera.
    I even put a piece of paper to make sure the battery is nice and tight but same result......
    What to do??????

-BBAdddictJ
    05-24-14 07:14 AM
    A cable or solder point on the board might have come loose/chipped off. Sounds like it's shorting itself. You're probably gonna have to return it if it's under warranty
    anon(3950127) likes this.
    05-24-14 07:16 AM
    Damn. I don't have warranty cause I don't live where I bought it. Thanks.
    This is so irritating.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 04:09 PM
    Sell it for parts and use the money to get a new one think of it as a nice discount

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 04:34 PM
    Maybe battery is loose. Some people wedge a piece of plastic or cardboard between the non contact end of the battery and the battery slot to make sure the contacts are making solid contact. It also keeps the battery from moving just enough to cause a reboot.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    05-24-14 04:41 PM
    Maybe battery is loose. Some people wedge a piece of plastic or cardboard between the non contact end of the battery and the battery slot to make sure the contacts are making solid contact. It also keeps the battery from moving just enough to cause a reboot.

This is the most likely reason and the easiest thing to fix.
    If it is truly shorted out due to the drop it shouldn't even boot unless there is some random metal piece that has come loose randomly.
    In that case, no carrier or seller will cover it under warranty.
    Best of luck
    05-24-14 05:43 PM
    much better to buy a new one..
    05-24-14 05:48 PM
    I've had all kinds of devices with a piece of broken off solder inside moving about and randomly shorting them causing random reboots. It happens. Try restoring the software just to make sure it's the drop that caused this behaviour to start. Once that has been verified your best course of action would be to sell the screen and other parts (provided they are in acceptable condition). The screen alone fetches about $40 on ebay, and at the moment there is a good sale on the Z10 brand new from BlackBerry for $199 or $169 brand new from an ebay seller.

Edit: forgot to mention open it up to check if cable is loose or there is a chunk of metal rattling about in there before selling it for parts
    05-25-14 01:40 AM

Dude the OP already said he tried that
    05-25-14 01:41 AM
    Ok, so I reloaded. I scanned my memory, I cleaned up my memory and same thing... And Yea. paper has been there since it 1st started.
    Looking at the phone, you can see no visible connectors missing or shaking. Everything just looks good.
    I live in South America, we can't easily sell a phone for spare parts use. If I put it on eBay, I'd have to ship it out & that's a waste of money.
    After this next OS update, if it still trips, I'll visit the tech for a 2nd opinion.
    (& no, the tech ppl don't buy phones for parts here)

PS. I'm a female. So use her and the like. Thanks.

Thanksss

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 09:59 AM
    So on Sunday, my phone took a dive face down (for the millionth time). However, on Tuesday it started randomly restarting, sometimes 10 times in a row. When I use it, in the middle of a call it would go off, or in the middle of using the camera.
    I even put a piece of paper to make sure the battery is nice and tight but same result......
    What to do??????

-BBAdddictJ
    Loose battery

BlackBerry since 2006. Rogers. Halifax, NS.
    05-27-14 05:32 PM
    maybe the pins where the battery connect to on the phone can use a little pulling out, if they get to deep they wont make good contact with the bttery
    05-27-14 05:36 PM
    Loose battery

BlackBerry since 2006. Rogers. Halifax, NS.
    And:
    maybe the pins where the battery connect to on the phone can use a little pulling out, if they get to deep they wont make good contact with the bttery
    This thread is entertaining only for the fact no one actually reads the original post before responding.
    afhstingray likes this.
    05-27-14 06:41 PM
    And:

This thread is entertaining only for the fact no one actually reads the original post before responding.

please enlighten us o great master
    05-27-14 06:43 PM
    please enlighten us o great master
    on how to read the OP? hmm...
    PHughes likes this.
    05-27-14 08:38 PM
    No even if the battery is loose putting paper on it won't do anything if the pins aren't hitting the contacts on the battery. Which is why I suggested to maybe pull the pins out to make sure that they make good contact with the battery itself.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 09:25 PM
    on how to read the OP? hmm...
    I don't think this reply helps the op

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 09:29 PM
    Jovan, just to give it a shot, have you tried a different battery?
    Also, slim, but possible, chance SIM holder could have come loose. So try putting the phone in airplane mode, or start w/o SIM and see what happens.
    05-28-14 08:13 AM
    No even if the battery is loose putting paper on it won't do anything if the pins aren't hitting the contacts on the battery. Which is why I suggested to maybe pull the pins out to make sure that they make good contact with the battery itself.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, true, but I have never seen one get so pushed in that way. It is possible though. I was more commenting on the other post saying simply, "loose battery." My thought was that since the OP had already tried wedging a piece of paper in that they had already looked at the battery terminals.

Your fix of course is my preferred way of dealing with a loose battery connection though, rather than using paper to tighten it up, if at all possible.

My though though, if the battery is making connection, there is something jarred loose inside, or broken. Hopefully not.
    05-28-14 09:51 AM
    At this point, I think there's been some good advice. But it might just be that this fall did break something or jar loose some connection. Hardware failure should be suspected if the proposed remedies have not worked.

If it shows no outward signs of damage, maybe warranty or insurance could be explored.
    05-28-14 10:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would be EXTREMELY careful if you try to pull your pins out, as that was tried on another thread and the OP broke a pin.
    PHughes likes this.
    05-28-14 01:26 PM
    Have you tried wiping the device? Might not necessarily been the drop. Slim chance but reloading the os is cheaper than a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 06:50 PM
    Hello all. So I finally found my way to a tech after checking for all aforementioned. My battery was swollen... When I 1st checked it, it didn't seem so to me but he put it on a glass surface and spins it around a few times and concluded that. He put a new one in, gave it a bit of charge then booted it up, hit it against his hand to rule out slackness and it's good.
    Currently at 100% so imma run through this and see.

Thank you all.
    BBAddictJ

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and PHughes like this.
    05-28-14 09:54 PM
    Glad you're up and running!
    05-28-14 10:19 PM