Sorry if this has already been discussed. I've had a Z10 from the beginning and I've been right here uploading leaks and side loading apps, but what about the new Z10 user not on Crackberry. They aren't reading all the posts, not uploading leaks, not learning how to sideload apps. Does a newly released Z10 (or Q10 or Z30) come with instructions on how to access Android apps?
    Why do I ask? Because I know a few people who would probably really like a new BlackBerry but they aren?t going to want to go through the process of figuring out on their own how to load Android apps and definitely not install leaks.
    I can assist them as much as I can but I can't do all of it for them.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 05:11 PM
    It isn't the primary method they should be using
    If they aren't on CB at all, they are probably really new BB users, in which case, they should probably not be sideloading and messing with stuff they aren't comfortable with
    05-10-14 05:16 PM
    Sideloading isn't meant for the end user, and neither are leaks. Asking BlackBerry for a tutorial would be foolish.

Searching for "android apps" on the help app does the trick.

Help for new users NOT On Crackberry?-img_20140510_171711.png
    FF22 likes this.
    05-10-14 05:17 PM
    Sideloading isn't meant for the end user, and neither are leaks. Asking BlackBerry for a tutorial would be foolish.

Searching for "android apps" on the help app does the trick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140510_171711.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	269220
    Thanks! This is what I was looking for. If Blackberry is touting the availability of Android apps, they should tell users how to find and use them.
    05-10-14 08:06 PM
    It isn't the primary method they should be using
    If they aren't on CB at all, they are probably really new BB users, in which case, they should probably not be sideloading and messing with stuff they aren't comfortable with
    I agree, they shouldn't be doing things they aren't comfortable with. But if the ability to use Android apps is new feature of BB 10, then people should be told how to do it right out of the box.
    05-10-14 08:09 PM
    They're in a bind with this. They can't really tout this as a "feature" because it's all too sketchy. They can't claim all Android apps will run in BB10, because it's not true. They can't claim Android apps are "available" for BB10, because many people would understand this to mean the apps are officially supported on BB10 by the developers, but they're not. You can install them, yes, but after you do so you're on your own. It's a bit of a gray market situation for BlackBerry, which prevents them from promoting it as a feature.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-10-14 08:21 PM