Please help me in bringing BB10 (service - not the phone itself) to one carrier. Following is the summary of what I have gathered so far:
    * BB10 phone works well with the carrier data plan, except: 1) no BBM chat (but BBM voice and BBM video (both to and from Z10) works well
    * The iconic BB 4 dots on the upper right hand corner of the screen are not visible
    * BlackBerry protect will not start. I get the following error message: BlackBerry Protect is unavailable. Unable to connect to BlackBerry Protect service. Please try again later.
    * If I take out the SIM card, then all BB10 features work flawlessly (except, have no phone and no mobile network any more)

Have been in extensive contact with the carrier and come to the following:
    * Carrier is saying that they have contacted BlackBerry (RIM) some two plus months ago to get information with regards to what is required to prepare their network for BB10.
    * BlackBerry has not responded / not giving any clear answer
    * Carrier has not blocked BB10 intentionally, i.e. they would not stop BB10 data. They are actually keen to have more people using BB phones.
    * Carrier is keen to allow BlackBerry 10 to work

Question: How can I help the carrier to get BB10 certified? Or, rather, how should the carrier start the work on getting their network ready for BB10? I assume that it has to do with getting APN somehow certified as BB10 uses APN and not BIS (in the classical term). Note: It is suspected (note: suspected) that somehow their APN is locked / not allowed from BlackBerry side. Not sure what this means.

Your help would be very much appreciated, and will help in getting BB10 to a country (where I am currently the first one with a BB10 phone).
    dougsymon likes this.
    02-14-13 06:31 AM
    Why aren't you telling us which carrier and country you're talking about?
    02-14-13 06:36 AM
    Sorry, good question.

Carrier: DSTcom
    02-14-13 06:41 AM
    Sorry, good question.

Carrier: DSTcom
    Whoa, i think I see problem. That's the downside of living in such a small country. Sorry man.

Edit: your carrier offers bb, so I'm not understanding why bb10 wouldn't work.....
    02-14-13 06:46 AM
    Whoa, i think I see problem. That's the downside of living in such a small country. Sorry man.

Edit: your carrier offers bb, so I'm not understanding why bb10 wouldn't work.....
    @jesse_h. Indeed. I had BIS for 3 years. It worked like a charm. Now that I have changed over to BB10, I have the above mentioned issues. I am also struggling to understand what the issue is....
    P.S. Brunei is a small country, but the people here are extremely tuned into technology.
    02-14-13 06:57 AM
    I not really sure what you can do on your end . . .keep pestering your carrier and hopefully they will keep bothering Blackberry . . .
    02-14-13 07:11 AM
    Pestering is ok if the carrier is not willing, but in this case the carrier has no issue.
    02-14-13 07:24 AM
    I have basically the same problem in Finland except everything works fine over wifi (even with sim in).

Another difference is the two carriers I've tried: Saunalahti and DNA seem to have no interest in contacting BlackBerry and say either I should contact them (is that even possible?) or they don't support blackberry. The first even said at one point that "BlackBerry doesn't work in Finland"

One interesting quirk to the story is that a prepaid saunalahti sim card meant for iPad usage works! Unfortunately their customer support was unable to use this information to realise how to fix the problem. And obviously I'd rather not use a prepaid card...

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    12-06-13 06:05 AM