Two days ago I removed the sim card from the phone to check if I can still use apps through wifi.
    While the phone was without the sim card, I checked to see if there is any update, and there was! 1mb of update.
    I updated my phone and the day after the phone starts acting weird: it freezes (I had to actually remove the battery to restart! nothing else worked!), the hub did not respond, and few times when I tried to access the hub- the app screen came right back, so I was able to look at the hub for a sec- but then the screen change without letting me click on any of the messages/emails I had.

I do believe it has something to do with this stupid update. I am with At&t and my current phone software version showing 10.0.10.88 (same like it was BEFORE the 1mb update).

Any suggestion what to do? should I re-install the phone OS? if so, anyway to backup the information+setting+apps (including side-loaded apps) so the phone will be back with all the info and apps at the end of the reloaded OS?

Thanks!
    04-02-13 06:14 PM
    restart the phone first before a reboot, its a lot quicker
    04-02-13 06:26 PM
    Two days ago I removed the sim card from the phone to check if I can still use apps through wifi.
    While the phone was without the sim card, I checked to see if there is any update, and there was! 1mb of update.
    I updated my phone and the day after the phone starts acting weird: it freezes (I had to actually remove the battery to restart! nothing else worked!), the hub did not respond, and few times when I tried to access the hub- the app screen came right back, so I was able to look at the hub for a sec- but then the screen change without letting me click on any of the messages/emails I had.

I do believe it has something to do with this stupid update. I am with At&t and my current phone software version showing 10.0.10.88 (same like it was BEFORE the 1mb update).

Any suggestion what to do? should I re-install the phone OS? if so, anyway to backup the information+setting+apps (including side-loaded apps) so the phone will be back with all the info and apps at the end of the reloaded OS?

Thanks!
    Hindsight is 20/20 but why remove the SIM when you can just turn of the Carrier Services from the Phone Settings?
    04-02-13 06:29 PM
    Hindsight is 20/20 but why remove the SIM when you can just turn of the Carrier Services from the Phone Settings?
    Your post was very helpful.....

eyalk, you can use Desktop manager and backup your phone and reinstall the latest software.
    04-02-13 06:31 PM
    Your post was very helpful.....

eyalk, you can use Desktop manager and backup your phone and reinstall the latest software.
    Thanks, but will it re-install all the apps- including the side-loaded apps?
    04-02-13 06:40 PM
    Because last time I tried that, the BB app world still shows me At&t featured, so I assumed that as long that the sim card is in, it won't be the same as wifi without sim card at all, and I was right.
    04-02-13 06:43 PM
    The 1mb update was probably an app you removed. I am on att myself and have the same version number...hub takes a little while to load after a reboot...side loaded apps will not be reinstalled after a reload and neither will game data or side load app settings

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:44 PM
    If you can't get it working, do the OS reload. There was an article awhile back, I think, that showed you how to do it on windows.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 07:23 PM
    restart the phone first before a wipe, its a lot quicker
    04-02-13 07:27 PM