Hi everyone, I've searched around the forum but haven't found anyone with a similar problem so I was hoping someone here could help -

I recently installed kingsoft office suite to replaces docs to go because of a lack of a sort function on DTG for excel spreadsheets (side note: seriously? how can DTG not have this function??). Anyway, I installed kingsoft and everything looks great, but then I realised I couldn't find any of my documents.

My documents are saved in my documents folder in my device memory, and so in Kingsoft office I press open, folders and navigate to sdcard (which for some reason is my device memory, despite the name). I then open my documents folder and its empty. If I go to any other folder I see all the documents normally, its just my documents folder that is empty. If I moved documents from my documents folder into another folder, kingsoft then detects it normally.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    02-23-14 11:52 PM
    It probably is an Android based app. And I believe they tend to refer to their storage memory as an SDcard for some reason (and some can have trouble finding/using a real separate sd card). It may be seeking files in some subfolder under the misc/android folder rather than the 'upper (higher level)' folders.

Someone may have a better idea how or what it is doing. It does sound like you have found a workaround. If you know the file name, you might be able to use the global Search function to find it.
    02-24-14 09:23 AM
    Thanks for the reply F2. Unfortunately I haven't really found a workaround, as I need my documents to stay in my documents folder in order to sync them with bblink. What I really need is to figure out why files in my documents folder are undetectable by kingsoft office.

If anyone else has experienced this and knows how to fix it please let me know!
    02-24-14 07:52 PM
    This is to do with how android 'sees' bb10. To see your documents, in the open section, choose folders (same as you did). No go to:

Device/accounts/1000/shared/documents.

Voila.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 11:10 PM
    Try a file explorer app or the File Manager included app on your phone to find your file and move it if need be.

Trusted Member Genius
    02-25-14 01:03 AM
    This is to do with how android 'sees' bb10. To see your documents, in the open section, choose folders (same as you did). No go to:

Device/accounts/1000/shared/documents.

Voila.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks vader42. This is exactly what I was looking for.
    02-25-14 07:53 PM