I purchased a Z10 used and ATT branded from a reliable source. I tried Super Unlock Codes and Quick Phone Unlock. Both told me that the IMEI isn't in the ATT database. Quick Phone Unlock said they can get it from the BB database at 2x the price. Any suggestions? I know I can use crackberry but they are even more expensive. Just want to make sure that there isn't some more sinister reason the IMEI isn't in the ATT database.
    08-28-13 10:55 AM
    I purchased a Z10 used and ATT branded from a reliable source. I tried Super Unlock Codes and Quick Phone Unlock. Both told me that the IMEI isn't in the ATT database. Quick Phone Unlock said they can get it from the BB database at 2x the price. Any suggestions? I know I can use crackberry but they are even more expensive. Just want to make sure that there isn't some more sinister reason the IMEI isn't in the ATT database.
    Try this.

CrackBerryUnlocking.com ? BlackBerry Unlock codes, BlackBerry Unlocking, Unlock BlackBerry 10

Not saying that the outcome would be any different, but it's a place you might have overlooked.

Best of luck.
    cdnrower likes this.
    08-28-13 11:07 AM
    What the...???

This is who I used: Blackberry Z10 Unlock Code : Unlock Z10
    08-28-13 11:11 AM
    Looked at both of those and their pricing is much higher. I am talking to one other company and then will just bite the bullet and use crackberry.
    08-28-13 11:19 AM
    Stupid question...Before starting the unlock process, I didn't even bother to look at the phone settings. I didn't because this was a new phone from ATT that wasn't really used. So, just assumed that it was locked. Anyway, I don't have a SIM card in the phone but the SIM card screen says Network Subset Unlocked, Service Provider Unlocked.

I know this would normally mean the phone is unlocked but does not having a SIM card installed actually affect what is being reported or is the phone really unlocked?
    08-28-13 01:38 PM
    Stupid question...Before starting the unlock process, I didn't even bother to look at the phone settings. I didn't because this was a new phone from ATT that wasn't really used. So, just assumed that it was locked. Anyway, I don't have a SIM card in the phone but the SIM card screen says Network Subset Unlocked, Service Provider Unlocked.

I know this would normally mean the phone is unlocked but does not having a SIM card installed actually affect what is being reported or is the phone really unlocked?
    For it to be unlocked, the screen needs to look like this:

HELP - IMEI Not in ATT Database, Can't Unlock Phone-img_00001094.png

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-28-13 01:48 PM
    OK, since there is no SIM card, my screen is somewhat different. Above Network Subset Unlocked, is a button called "Unlock Network." Based on the above, the phone must be locked or it would say "Network Unlocked" as well.

Thanks
    08-28-13 01:57 PM
    Yup, if it says unlock network then it's locked.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-28-13 02:04 PM
    Just got this from Super Unlock Codes:

Sorry to hear that the unlock code is not available in our AT&T USA Unlocking Service. Your mobile phone's unlock code is currently not available in their database. It may take 2-3 months to get updated in that respective database server.

Never seen this before. Taking my last shot with cellunlocker.net as they say they can get around the issues. If not, next try will be crackberry...
    08-29-13 11:39 AM
    I am happy to report that cellunlocker.net was able to use an "alternative database" and got me a working MEP2 code. Took about 26 hours, so not bad.
    cdnrower likes this.
    08-29-13 04:55 PM
    I called Att and asked for the unlock code. They sent me my unlock code the next day for free.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 07:34 PM
    Same here, I called AT&T and they unlocked my phone on the spot since I had it for longer than the minimum 90 days they require.

Then 2 days later I used a Rogers SIM card to update my phone to the 10.1 maintenance release.

The SIM was the only cost in the process and that was $11 shipped, so I would recommend everyone start with calling their carrier first to see if they will do it for free, because the worst that will happen is they will say no.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 08:58 PM
    But I am not an ATT customer and just bought a "used" Z10 from an ATT customer that got it as part of a contract extension. The phone was never fired up on ATT.
    09-06-13 09:22 PM
    But I am not an ATT customer and just bought a "used" Z10 from an ATT customer that got it as part of a contract extension. The phone was never fired up on ATT.
    It's possible that the person who sold it to you could call AT&T to get it unlocked for you, but there are some variables there. Otherwise you will need to use one of the unocking services such as the CrackBerry one posted in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 09:31 PM
    It's possible that the person who sold it to you could call AT&T to get it unlocked for you, but there are some variables there. Otherwise you will need to use one of the unocking services such as the CrackBerry one posted in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    cellunlocker.net was the only company that could find a code. Everyone else struck out. The phone says the network is unlocked and I will test it next week when I get my SIM card from Solavei.
    09-06-13 09:44 PM
    I don't think you need to be an att customer.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=_fjURHXu

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 03:52 AM
    I had a similar issue. Bought a koodoo z10 and I dropped it from about 8 feet. No physical damage but a few days later the phone bricked. I sent the phone back for warranty and blackberry sent me a new phone. I am a virgin customer so I needed to unlock the phone.

The first unlock code didn't work and the reason was because the phone never went to a carrier, it came right from blackberry. This what I was told at any rate.

Long storey short, my buddy who unlocks all my phones had to go the more expensive route and get an unlock code from blackberry. Again this is what it was told. The new code worked and all is good.

As far as I understood it, carriers code the phone b4 it goes to a customer. For whatever reason I was giving a factory phone, I can't confirm or tell if it's a refurbished unit.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1371
    09-07-13 05:06 AM
    Just cause I forgot to mention it, my buddy also told me sometimes a refurbished unit can be difficult to unlock, something to do with the IMEI having already been in use. I don't understand the process myself, but I did have to get the more expensive unlock.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1371
    09-07-13 05:12 AM
    I had a similar issue. Bought a koodoo z10 and I dropped it from about 8 feet. No physical damage but a few days later the phone bricked. I sent the phone back for warranty and blackberry sent me a new phone. I am a virgin customer so I needed to unlock the phone.

The first unlock code didn't work and the reason was because the phone never went to a carrier, it came right from blackberry. This what I was told at any rate.

Long storey short, my buddy who unlocks all my phones had to go the more expensive route and get an unlock code from blackberry. Again this is what it was told. The new code worked and all is good.

As far as I understood it, carriers code the phone b4 it goes to a customer. For whatever reason I was giving a factory phone, I can't confirm or tell if it's a refurbished unit.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1371
    I actually won my Z10 from BlackBerry. So BlackBerry sent me the phone. It was an att phone itself, as it came in an att box. But anywho, att sent me the unlock code for free.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 08:54 AM
    I've used cellunlocker.net for several years now, over the course of 4 phones and I have been very pleased with their service. I've always gotten my code in minutes (I'm in the US) and I've never had a problem with any of their codes.

Fred

cellunlocker.net was the only company that could find a code. Everyone else struck out. The phone says the network is unlocked and I will test it next week when I get my SIM card from Solavei.
    09-07-13 09:09 AM
    What the...???

This is who I used: Blackberry Z10 Unlock Code : Unlock Z10
    Thanks, due to your recommendation, I got GSMLiberty to successfully unlock my Z10. Now I'm waiting for someone that can unlock my Z30. GSMLiberty can't do it yet. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-21-13 10:21 PM
    Try this.

CrackBerryUnlocking.com ? BlackBerry Unlock codes, BlackBerry Unlocking, Unlock BlackBerry 10

Not saying that the outcome would be any different, but it's a place you might have overlooked.

Best of luck.
    Hi, unfortunately Kevin just posted today that this site is now closed down (crackberryunlocking.com). Unfortunately I had a pending order that I'm hoping to see refunded. Now I need to find another vendor that will unlock my Z30. They are far and few between it seems right now.

Updated: http://www.cellunlocker.net/ does support unlocking the Z30 on Bell. Yippee.
    Last edited by cdnrower; 10-21-13 at 10:40 PM.
    10-21-13 10:25 PM
    I used Crackberry. Simple and works.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 10:45 PM
    I have the same problem with Z10. It is pre-production or internal unit, locked to Orange UK. I tried to get an unlock code with BlackberryCodeSource.com, but the code for this IMEI currently can't be find in any Blackberry database.
    I am in disarray... my new rare Z10 made in Canada is no more than tablet

Any suggestions on other unlock method?
    07-23-14 02:25 PM
    I'd check with a few more services.
    07-23-14 07:56 PM
26 12