before i start i dont want anyone to comment that i'm a fool and things..cause i know that already.ok here what i did.i had the wrong battery reading problem for few days so one of my friend said me to try placing the battery + - reversly to the pins .i managed to do it (charger connected at this time :/). after that my z10 is not charging anymore . even my pc dont recognize.my question is.what might ve happened to my z10 ?..can it be repaired? And what may be the aprox cost ? Aftr that my z10 worked untill the battery dies.so i think i dint fry the board.
    02-16-14 12:13 PM
    Wait a minute you put your battery in the opposite direction inside your phone? That doesn't even make sence.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-16-14 12:17 PM
    ^ Lmao yeah did you force it or something? Probably broke something by forcing it in... Z10 still works even though it doesn't charge though?
    02-16-14 12:19 PM
    didnt even know that was possible.... but if you can remove the battery and maybe get a new one it might work... speculation however.
    02-16-14 12:20 PM
    What did your friend tell you that would accomplish exactly?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:20 PM
    I don't know what it would cost but if you somehow took wires or something and hooked your battery up backwards, which I don't know if that would cause no power or incorrect power that would hurt the battery and or hardware. I would see what a new battery does.
    02-16-14 12:22 PM
    If you were to "Flip" the battery your pins wouldn't be making contact at all. So start by making sure its correct and the way it was again. The phone itself is labeled, use it- and id ignore ANYTHING your friend tells you if that is his/her idea of a fix...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-16-14 12:22 PM
    before i start i dont want anyone to comment that i'm a fool and things..cause i know that already.ok here what i did.i had the wrong battery reading problem for few days so one of my friend said me to try placing the battery + - reversly to the pins .i managed to do it (charger connected at this time :/). after that my z10 is not charging anymore . even my pc dont recognize.my question is.what might ve happened to my z10 ?..can it be repaired? And what may be the aprox cost ? Aftr that my z10 worked untill the battery dies.so i think i dint fry the board.
    And you got to do it? How did you ever manage? Never mind. Nothing much that you can do now. Maybe you can put just the charger point in and hold the power button to reboot. Then release the power button after 10 seconds and put the battery in. No harm doing it since it already is dead, supposedly.

You can also try a new battery. For sure you shorted your phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:24 PM
    I dint exactly put my battery in .but i placed it half of the battery out side and half in and made contacts with wrong pins..i tried new battery.no use.before this my z10 will try to boot and restart if i insery my charger without battery but now its not happening.. not even a blink of led ....both -with or without battery...
    02-16-14 12:37 PM
    What will be the part that will get damagedvif i short my phone.can i repair it ?
    02-16-14 12:38 PM
    And you got to do it? How did you ever manage? Never mind. Nothing much that you can do now. Maybe you can put just the charger point in and hold the power button to reboot. Then release the power button after 10 seconds and put the battery in. No harm doing it since it already is dead, supposedly.

You can also try a new battery. For sure you shorted your phone.

Posted via CB10
    What will be the part that will get damaged if i short my phone.can i repair it ?
    02-16-14 12:42 PM
    What will be the part that will get damagedvif i short my phone.can i repair it ?
    New mother board, reversing the polarity more than likely has damaged a diode in the power path, with surface mount components it would be difficult to replace without very specialized equipment.
    mesqueunclub likes this.
    02-16-14 12:47 PM
    Do you have insurance on your phone? Probably need a replacement. Next time I would research a bit more or post in here instead of listening to your friend.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:58 PM
    While this could be a moral issue, if the phone does not show damage, you might be able to get it fixed/replaced under warranty.

But have you tried a new or different battery? Maybe you messed up the charger?

Does the z10 turn on? But not charge?

What happens if you leave it plugged in for an hour or two or overnight?

Describe what is happening now?

Plugged into computer, do you see the internal and sd card memory/storage?
    02-16-14 01:22 PM
    Lots of great questions. I wonder what the answers are.
    02-16-14 02:12 PM
    New mother board, reversing the polarity more than likely has damaged a diode in the power path, with surface mount components it would be difficult to replace without very specialized equipment.
    This^^

If it is under warranty you could try getting a replacement but i think other than replacing your motherboard nothing much can be done.
    02-16-14 02:28 PM
    Just get a new or used Z10.
    02-16-14 02:43 PM
    Few days before i broke some pins of the sim tray and replaced it in a local shop not from RIM cause.RIM asked me 85% of the phone cost to replace the whole board.so most probably my warranty would ve canceled.or will rim able to find that my mobile was repaired ?
    02-16-14 08:29 PM
    Few days before i broke some pins of the sim tray and replaced it in a local shop not from RIM cause.RIM asked me 85% of the phone cost to replace the whole board.so most probably my warranty would ve canceled.or will rim able to find that my mobile was repaired ?
    What in the world are you doing to your phone lol

They'll most likely see that it has been opened already

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    02-16-14 08:41 PM
    Hey, I have bad news for you...You have to now switch to Nokia. SO YOU CAN THROW IT AT YOUR FRIENDS HEAD! Depending on your carrier they may just replace it. WIND Mobile replaced my BlackBerry Bold even when it was Water Damage/Milk Damage (Don't ask). By the way, if you want to break your phone even more (or possibly fix it) get a 9 volt battery and some copper wire, then connect it to your Z10, this worked on my Bold the second time I dropped it in water and it didn't recognize my battery or charge.
    GiantSchnauzer likes this.
    02-16-14 09:28 PM
    What in the world are you doing to your phone lol

They'll most likely see that it has been opened already

Posted via CB10
    There's been a few posts like this one in the past few days. One person cut his HDMI port with scissors and this guy fries his board. I am just curious what the next thread is going to entail......
    eldricho likes this.
    02-16-14 09:36 PM
    ...but does it blend?

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    thatplaybookguy and eldricho like this.
    02-16-14 09:37 PM
    So, a friend of mine told me that if I put my Z10 in a bowl of water, and microwave that for about 7 or 8 minutes, it will remove any viruses in my phone and debug my memory. So after doing that my phone doesn't work. Anybody know how I should fix this?
    (kidding)

MDZ
    02-16-14 10:03 PM
    OK, so this is where science and mythology collide. It's like the foolish people who think one can cure cancer because the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics predicts (as interpreted by foolish people) that a physical state changes because of observation ergo one can change their cancer into non-cancer. Books and therapy sessions ensue. So, foolish people please note: if a phone is designed to make it extremely difficult to put a battery in with reverse polarity, there's likely a reason. You do not need to know why. Just get the hint.
    02-16-14 10:22 PM
    ...but does it blend?

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    My Vitamix can tackle anything. Berry soup - yup!
    02-16-14 11:09 PM
29 12