Pls crackberry family I need little help here. A friend of my finally decided to get a blackberry for work, she has bn with android for long now. So she said she needed it mostly for emails. She wanted the 9810 but am encouraging her to get the z10 thou I don't and have never used the z10 am planning on getting one too this xmas as my own xmas gift when I finally sell my bold 9900. So back to the topic she want a phone that wont give her headaches and all that, she just need a phone that will work well with no glitches. So my fellow crackberries which will u suggest for her cos I want her to enjoy her phone as this will be her first blackberry and who knows she will convert her iphone and android friends too

Sent from my GT-N8000 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-03-13 03:43 PM
    Pls crackberry family I need little help here. A friend of my finally decided to get a blackberry for work, she has bn with android for long now. So she said she needed it mostly for emails. She wanted the 9810 but am encouraging her to get the z10 thou I don't and have never used the z10 am planning on getting one too this xmas as my own xmas gift when I finally sell my bold 9900. So back to the topic she want a phone that wont give her headaches and all that, she just need a phone that will work well with no glitches. So my fellow crackberries which will u suggest for her cos I want her to enjoy her phone as this will be her first blackberry and who knows she will convert her iphone and android friends too

I came from a 9810 to a Z10...and I will never look back. Tell her to check out the forum, and view at the screen shots of available features.
    12-03-13 03:47 PM
    It also depends if she wants a keyboard or not? that is the real question because the z10 does have a great touch keyboard a physical one is better in my opinion
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-03-13 03:51 PM
    just Z10. without any discussions and questions!

that's the same as to ask: new Mercedes or old VW Golf?

Z10 is much much better!!! and it does not need BIS.
    I came from 9780 Bold. I thought I'll miss physical keyboard... i didn't.
    cupid4ig and Mecca EL like this.
    12-03-13 03:56 PM
    It also depends if she wants a keyboard or not? that is the real question because the z10 does have a great touch keyboard a physical one is better in my opinion
    I flick words faster than I can type on physical keyboard. On a 9810, using the virtual keyboard was decent, but the physical shined. Especially for blind texting. But a side by side of typing on my Q10 and typing on my Z10...typing on the Z is faster.
    12-03-13 03:57 PM
    I agree typing on the z 10 is fast but I just prefer a physical keyboard
    Mecca EL and cupid4ig like this.
    12-03-13 04:01 PM
    Well here is my opinion. Both have pros and cons. Older bbOS device simply work with few or any glitches however the speed and browser are terrible. Newer BlackBerry 10 devices like the Z10 blow the older ones away by speed and browser with a much smoother OS feeling however there are issues and glitches that may cause headaches at times.

While your friends was a prior android user they will feel limited by an older BlackBerry but will enjoy a newer one with a risk of a few issues.
    12-03-13 04:05 PM
    I came from a 9810 to a Z10...and I will never look back. Tell her to check out the forum, and view at the screen shots of available features.
    Will sure do that

12-03-13 06:39 PM
    She uses android so i guess she is used to screen touch

12-03-13 06:40 PM
    Well here is my opinion. Both have pros and cons. Older bbOS device simply work with few or any glitches however the speed and browser are terrible. Newer BlackBerry 10 devices like the Z10 blow the older ones away by speed and browser with a much smoother OS feeling however there are issues and glitches that may cause headaches at times.

While your friends was a prior android user they will feel limited by an older BlackBerry but will enjoy a newer one with a risk of a few issues.
    Yeah u are right

12-03-13 06:42 PM
    Same!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-03-13 06:49 PM
    As she uses android go for the z10 she will go all the way with this keyboard, and will be less painful than go to the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    cupid4ig likes this.
    12-03-13 06:59 PM
    I have yet to pull the battery on my Q10. I haven't spent half my day watching the spinny thing on the Torch.

I had a Torch and liked it at the time, but BlackBerry 10 blows BBOS out of the water, no questions asked. I'm using a leak and while it has some bugs, it's much better than BBOS ever was for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:01 PM
    Definitely Z10. There are some great things about OS 7, but Z10 is an even better product. Better screen, better keyboard, better and more reliable OS. I have no issues with spinning clocks on my phone anymore just simple operation. All she needs to get used too is how the OS operates.
    cupid4ig likes this.
    12-03-13 07:42 PM
    I have yet to pull the battery on my Q10. I haven't spent half my day watching the spinny thing on the Torch.

I had a Torch and liked it at the time, but BlackBerry 10 blows BBOS out of the water, no questions asked. I'm using a leak and while it has some bugs, it's much better than BBOS ever was for me.

Posted via CB10
    This is one of the reason i gave her pulling off battery

12-04-13 02:22 AM
    for me Z10 way to go... i just swap my iphone 4s and no turning back. I never regret... happy Z10 user
    and the OS is getting more exciting every time they upgrade new things comes out...
    12-04-13 02:32 AM
    Ok people she is getting the z10. Thanks for ur helps, this is why i love crackberry full of cool headed people. One love

Mecca EL, yessuz and tonytraj17 like this.
    12-04-13 06:31 PM
    I'd suggest q10, I hear it has better battery life than z10, which she will need if she's going to be emailing all dah
    12-04-13 09:04 PM
    Coming from a 9810 to ZeD, it's better in all respects, go for it

Posted via CB10
    cupid4ig likes this.
    12-05-13 04:08 AM
    Went from 9810 to z10 and then z30. Definitely no looking back for from the 9819.

If your friend has the choice go with the z30, but otherwise z10 over the 9810 any day.
    Faster OS, bigger screen, faster browser, cooler apps and no special data plan required.

The only down side with the z's is the lack of BIS.

Mike Duncan on my Z30
    12-05-13 07:14 AM
    If she is planning on renewing or starting a contract, then she should see how much the Z30 is before you settle on a Z10. I have a Z10 and have used (fairly extensively) both devices and can say that in terms of overall usability/ comfort the Z30 wins. Then only thing that bothers me is the screen, its so weak compared the Z10's crisp LCD with really high ppi. Other than that, the Z30 has ridiculous battery life, top notch speakers, a tiny bump in processor speed/ better GPU, and obviously larger screen. If she is going the off contract road, may i suggest, if still is available, the Z10 unlocked directly from BlackBerry for $200. I just picked one up for my sister in white, hope she likes it.
    12-05-13 07:56 AM
    I'd suggest q10, I hear it has better battery life than z10, which she will need if she's going to be emailing all dah
    Yes u are right but the price is is just much almost the double of a z10

12-05-13 11:21 AM
    Went from 9810 to z10 and then z30. Definitely no looking back for from the 9819.

If your friend has the choice go with the z30, but otherwise z10 over the 9810 any day.
    Faster OS, bigger screen, faster browser, cooler apps and no special data plan required.

The only down side with the z's is the lack of BIS.

Mike Duncan on my Z30
    Here some network still offer bis for it

12-05-13 11:22 AM
    If she is planning on renewing or starting a contract, then she should see how much the Z30 is before you settle on a Z10. I have a Z10 and have used (fairly extensively) both devices and can say that in terms of overall usability/ comfort the Z30 wins. Then only thing that bothers me is the screen, its so weak compared the Z10's crisp LCD with really high ppi. Other than that, the Z30 has ridiculous battery life, top notch speakers, a tiny bump in processor speed/ better GPU, and obviously larger screen. If she is going the off contract road, may i suggest, if still is available, the Z10 unlocked directly from BlackBerry for $200. I just picked one up for my sister in white, hope she likes it.
    Here we dont do contracts just buy ur phone and insert ur network provider's sim and u are good to go

12-05-13 11:24 AM
    Here we dont do contracts just buy ur phone and insert ur network provider's sim and u are good to go

Oh well its up to her, honestly both phones are great and the Z10 is a steal right now.
    Mecca EL and cupid4ig like this.
    12-05-13 01:20 PM
26 12