Worst morning, dropoed Z10. Into flushing toilet, does it need stack charging and how do that, or just leave it?

here's what I've done so far:
    1) fished it out, quickly rinsed it in water and dried it with a kleenex. It seemed fine. I fwded a couple documents via email, which worked.
    2) Then I thought I should remove from protective case and remove battery to dry it.
    3) Removed battery, it seemed ok, but I dried it with kleenex too, so re-inserted battery.

now it won't boot:
    4) tried charging with BB international charger (yellow plug), screen goes black, red light comes on, BB logo comes on with circling colour around BB logo, starts to charge, shows WIND carrier logo, then screen goes black, shows lighteing bolt.

5) now using external battery to charge and green light comes on and stays on, but when I. Swipe screen, nothing happens (see pic)

Help! Dropped Z10 into flushing toilet! And now it won't charge :(-img_20132103.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Help! Dropped Z10 into flushing toilet! And now it won't charge :(-air_20140427_00000.jpg  
    08-30-16 08:40 AM
    Stop using it immediately. Wrap it in a paper towel and put all pieces separately into a bag of rice, or you can purchase ready-made bags of dessicant. Seal it up for 48 hours, then remove and make sure there's nothing foreign in the edges or ports or on the contacts. After you've checked the device thoroughly, put the battery back in and wait for it to boot up.
    castoridae and AYC2112 like this.
    08-30-16 09:06 AM
    Stop using it immediately. Wrap it in a paper towel and put all pieces separately into a bag of rice, or you can purchase ready-made bags of dessicant. Seal it up for 48 hours, then remove and make sure there's nothing foreign in the edges or ports or on the contacts. After you've checked the device thoroughly, put the battery back in and wait for it to boot up.
    Please clarify: remove and wrap battery, sim card, phone and backing and wrap each one in paper towel.
    Put wrapped items in rice for 48 hrs, or remove from paper towels first and then put each item in rice?

Thanks so much for your help.
    08-30-16 09:34 AM
    Please clarify: remove and wrap battery, sim card, phone and backing and wrap each one in paper towel.
    Put wrapped items in rice for 48 hrs, or remove from paper towels first and then put each item in rice?

Wrap each piece separately - body, battery , and battery door in their own paper towel and then all three go into your chosen drying agent. Paper towels are to prevent the rice starch from entering the electronics. If you have the purpose built/ready-made dessicants paper towels aren't necessary.
    castoridae and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    08-30-16 09:53 AM
    Odds are damage is done if power applied while wet, may get lucky and it come back to life. Worst thing you can do is apply power after an incident such as this, always dry thoroughly before applying power after getting a device wet

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 10:00 AM
    Wrap each piece separately - body, battery , and battery door in their own paper towel and then all three go into your chosen drying agent. Paper towels are to prevent the rice starch from entering the electronics. If you have the purpose built/ready-made dessicants paper towels aren't necessary.
    Great! The good news is that the small 'damage sqare' on the battery and the inside of the phone are still white, so I don't think there was too much damage.
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    08-30-16 10:46 AM
    Castoridae.

So is the z 10 back to normal now? Just curious.

Wish you good luck.
    castoridae likes this.
    08-30-16 12:20 PM
    Castoridae.

So is the z 10 back to normal now? Just curious.

Wish you good luck.
    Ok, this is quite amazing. I probably did lots wrong, but the Z10 is up and working!!

I only had brown rice, so I used that for about an hour.
    Since the indicator tabs on the inside of the phone and on the battery were white - ie. no damage, I decided to put it back together and try it.
    As soon as I inserted the battery, the phone booted up and the scree came on.
    I even made a phone call !
    I wouldn't recommend trying to start a wet phone up so quckly, but thankfully the rubber and plastic shell I keep it in probably saved it from getting wet on the inside.
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    08-30-16 12:40 PM
    This is the rubber and plastic cover that the use for my Z10:

Help! Dropped Z10 into flushing toilet! And now it won't charge :(-air_20160830_00000.jpg
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    08-30-16 01:14 PM
    You are lucky!!!
    castoridae likes this.
    08-30-16 01:20 PM
    Rice 48 hrs

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 01:22 PM
    Rice 48 hrs

Posted via CB10
    But it's ok, it's working now! ?
    08-30-16 01:52 PM
    You were very, very lucky. Next time take a comic book when nature calls!

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    castoridae likes this.
    08-30-16 02:20 PM
    You were very, very lucky. Next time take a comic book when nature calls!

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    Yes, I was! First time for everything, right? Never do that again, it was hell knowing that I didn't have a phone
    08-30-16 02:52 PM
    I think you were indeed lucky. Probably your case provided some resistance for the water to enter the phone. I fell in my pool this spring with my Z10 in my pocket. Immediately took it apart, put in rice, etc... for several days. Still never came back. Now have a replacement z10 I got from someone else.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    castoridae likes this.
    08-30-16 05:47 PM
    But it's ok, it's working now! ?
    Missed that! Glad to hear it though.

Posted via CB10
    castoridae likes this.
    08-30-16 05:52 PM
    Hate to say it but might still die! Hopefully you did get lucky but personally, if mine fell in a toilet, I aint putting that thing near my mouth again unless it was my toilet lol

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    08-30-16 06:00 PM
    Hate to say it but might still die! Hopefully you did get lucky but personally, if mine fell in a toilet, I aint putting that thing near my mouth again unless it was my toilet lol

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    It was my toilet! This didn't make feel any better about having to fish it out before it got flushed away, because it fell in just as I flushed the toilet. Then I quickly rinsed it with tap water from the sink and dried it with a towel.
    08-30-16 06:16 PM
    I think you were indeed lucky. Probably your case provided some resistance for the water to enter the phone. I fell in my pool this spring with my Z10 in my pocket. Immediately took it apart, put in rice, etc... for several days. Still never came back. Now have a replacement z10 I got from someone else.

I would hate if it had died. It's a horrible feeling that all of a sudden, the only phone you have is bricked.
    I've looked at other blackberry phones, and this is my favorite. I can't imagine not having it
    08-30-16 06:21 PM

That protective case rules! Its tight bkack rubber squished i lnto a hard plastic case. (see pic above). I'm convinced that saved it, because I did lots wrong before wrapping it in paper towels and burying it in the brown rice.
    08-30-16 06:25 PM
    Same thing happened here and we're still drying it out hoping for the best.
    castoridae and BD_BB_8520 like this.
    09-01-16 03:24 PM